• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Help! How to Get Rid of Ants in Our Friend's House

, but it can be a little harsh on pets and people if not used correctly. You can also try a product called Terro. It's a Borax agent. When the ants eat it, they take it back to the colony and it kills them all.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
I was sure that we had a thread about getting rid of ants, but I can't find it!

We have a good friend living in our old house till we can get it sold. (So it's not sitting empty) He is being invaded! He has tried sprays and such and all it seems to have done is move their track. He can not for the life of him figure out where the water source is or food source that they are after. He is a CLEAN and NEAT guy, so it's not that he has a bunch of crumbs or a dirty house. I can guarantee that his house is cleaner than mine!

I just emailed him to ask him what the ants look like, but in the mean time, does anyone have any suggestions?? (wasn't sure if different types of ants are treated differently to get rid of them!)

TIA!

Kelly, have him place corn meal where thet are coming in from, they cant digest it. Also I read to have him spray they area where they were with vinegar or bleach it gets rid of thier trail.

Also white or black pepper. They won't cross it.

...and your right there is a thread about a mile long on this from last year!...

I really like that Terro stuff.

Like Leslie said the Terro stuff works. Try powered Borax. When the ants eat it they take it back to their colony and it kills them all. Terro is a Borax agent. Try using the powered all around the house on the ground. It will not happen overnight, but it will happen around a week.

It's important to figure out which ants you are dealing with as each type has different treatment options. My dad owns a pest control company- find out the ant type and I'd be more than happy to ask him what you need to do! Email me at [email protected] with the info- good luck!

Combat Ant Gel works well for us. They totally swarm around it, take it back to the colony and they are gone within a day.

cayenne pepper works too

1. How did the ants get into the house?

Ants are small and can enter a house through even the tiniest cracks and crevices. They are attracted to food and water sources, so it is likely that they found their way in through any open doors or windows, or by following a trail of food crumbs.

2. Are there any natural remedies for getting rid of ants?

Yes, there are several natural remedies that can help get rid of ants. Some options include sprinkling cinnamon or cayenne pepper around entry points, using a mixture of vinegar and water to clean surfaces, or placing citrus peels near ant trails.

3. Is it safe to use pesticides to get rid of ants?

Pesticides can be effective in getting rid of ants, but they can also be harmful to humans and pets. It is important to carefully read and follow the instructions on any pesticide products and to use them in a well-ventilated area.

4. How can we prevent ants from coming back?

The best way to prevent ants from coming back is to eliminate their food and water sources. This includes regularly cleaning up food crumbs and spills, sealing any cracks or openings where ants can enter, and keeping food tightly sealed in containers.

5. When should we call a professional for ant control?

If the ant infestation is severe and the above methods do not seem to be working, it may be time to call a professional pest control service. They have the expertise and tools to effectively get rid of ants and prevent them from coming back.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • smspamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
Replies