• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Amazing 12-Minute Cake in the Microwave - Stun Your Family!

In summary, Ann showed how to make a cake in the microwave using a batter bowl. She said that there is not much of a taste difference between microwaving and oven cooking, but that the texture is different. She also mentioned that there is a whole booklet of recipes that can be found online.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
YES,
You can make a 12 minute cake in the Batter Bowl in the microwave!
I made it, and my family is stunned!!!:D

Did you put icing or anything in the mix, or just bake the cake?

I am glad to hear that it worked!

I made the 3-2-1 recipe.
Just regular, cheap $1 box of white cake mix.
VERY DELICIOUS!

They only thing would scare me about doing this is the variety of temperatures in microwaves. The glass could crack or break on you.

pampchefrhondab said:
They only thing would scare me about doing this is the variety of temperatures in microwaves. The glass could crack or break on you.
I put it on for 6 mins, turned it at 3, then turned it when it finished.
Put it on for another 6 mins & repeated the steps above.

pampchefrhondab said:

I thought the batter bowls were microwave safe?

sfdavis918 said:
I thought the batter bowls were microwave safe?

I think you are right. This is what it says on the use & care card:
Features & Benefits: Imperial and metric measurements are listed on the bowl in raised numbers that will not wear off;
Batter bowls (without lids) can be used in gas, electric or microwave ovens for baking or heating; bowls may be used in
the refrigerator or freezer for added versatility. Handle and spout make grasping, mixing and pouring easy. Ideal for
storing food because contents can be seen through clear class. Lid enables food storage in the bowl.

The batter bowls are tempered, so they're safe to use in micro and regular ovens. The batter wouldn't heat up fast enough to cause thermal shock. Besides, the inside of a microwave doesn't actually warm up, except with residual heat coming off the item being cooked.This has been another useless fact from the brain of Ann. :)

That's great to know. I had a past customer who said her batter bowl did shatter when she took it out of the microwave, but she was melting wax I believe for candles. I told her at the time the wax probably got too hot and she belived that as well and wasn't upset w/PC.

It could shatter if she set it down on a cold or wet item, just like stoneware. Wax gets really hot, so the bowl would be hot, too. Setting it on a room-temp counter top would shock it. ALWAYS set a hot item on a hot pad/trivet!

Okay, how do you make the cake in the microwave? I've made them in the oven. I love my batter bowl :)

Is there any taste difference between doing them in the microwave or oven?

There's not so much a taste difference as a texture difference. Micro cakes are a little more rubbery (for lack of a better word).

chrpangel said:
Okay, how do you make the cake in the microwave? I've made them in the oven. I love my batter bowl :)

Click on Files and search on the word micro and you'll get a whole booklet of recipes. MICROWAVECAKERECIPES[2].doc looks like the best document.

Also search on 12 to find even more recipes.

Make sure when you update it with your contact information that you fix the hyperlinks to go to your website.

1. How does the 12-Minute Cake in the Microwave work?

The Amazing 12-Minute Cake in the Microwave is made using our specially designed stoneware baker, which evenly distributes heat for perfectly cooked cakes in just 12 minutes. No more waiting for the oven to preheat!

2. Can I use any cake mix with the 12-Minute Cake in the Microwave?

Yes, you can use any cake mix with the 12-Minute Cake in the Microwave. However, we recommend using our specially formulated Pampered Chef cake mix for the best results.

3. Is the 12-Minute Cake in the Microwave safe for all microwaves?

Yes, the 12-Minute Cake in the Microwave is safe to use in all microwaves. Just make sure to follow the instructions for your specific microwave wattage.

4. Can I make other desserts besides cake with the 12-Minute Cake in the Microwave?

Absolutely! The 12-Minute Cake in the Microwave can also be used to make other desserts like brownies, cookies, and even mug cakes. The possibilities are endless!

5. Is the 12-Minute Cake in the Microwave easy to clean?

Yes, the stoneware baker used for the 12-Minute Cake in the Microwave is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. You can also hand wash it with warm soapy water if desired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pamperedva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Pamperedva
  • PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedK
Replies