• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aLittle Public Service Announcement About Lamb Breast...

In summary, lamb breast is a flavorful and versatile cut of meat that can be prepared through various cooking methods. It is a healthy source of lean protein and can be substituted for other cuts of lamb in recipes. To ensure it is cooked to perfection, use a meat thermometer or check for clear juices. Leftover cooked lamb breast can also be frozen for future use.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
Don't buy it!

I picked up lamb breast at the supermarket last week... I love lamb and I thought 99 cents was a bargain! Then I get home, google it, and find out that I've wound up with a cut of meat that is normally reserved for dog food!

So I throw it in the slow cooker to try to cook it tender and render out the fat that is quite prevalent... Then, following the recipe I find on the internet, I debone it and then press it between two plates under a weight, then slice it and pan fry it.

Ummmm... let's just say this edition of "experimental cooking with Joy" would have gotten me kicked off of the next Food Network Star.

It was horrible... little pieces of rib bone still stuck throughout... fatty, gristly meat.... hardly even any lamb flavor! So, the moral of the story is that you really do get what you pay for, and when it comes to meat, there are few bargains to be had.

YUCK! Thanks for the warning.

I have never had lamb, but I may have been tempted at .99 per pound...thanks for the info!

love lamb chops sauteed in wine and fresh mushrooms or grilled just keep the nasty mint jelly away

Bumping because it is gross :D

A breast turning out be something other than you expect reminds me of high school.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
A breast turning out be something other than you expect reminds me of high school.

ONLY YOU KG!!! :yuck:

1. What is lamb breast and how do you cook it?

Lamb breast is a cut of meat from the chest area of a lamb. It is a flavorful and versatile cut that can be cooked in a variety of ways, including roasting, braising, grilling, and slow cooking. To prepare lamb breast, you can trim off any excess fat and season it with your choice of herbs and spices before cooking.

2. Is lamb breast a healthy protein option?

Yes, lamb breast is a great source of lean protein and essential nutrients such as iron, zinc, and vitamin B12. It is also lower in calories and fat compared to other cuts of lamb, making it a healthier option for those watching their diet.

3. Can I substitute lamb breast for other cuts of lamb in recipes?

Yes, you can substitute lamb breast for other cuts of lamb in most recipes. However, it may require adjusting the cooking time and method to ensure it is cooked to the desired level of doneness. Lamb breast is also a budget-friendly option compared to other cuts of lamb, making it a great choice for experimenting with new recipes.

4. How do I know when lamb breast is cooked to perfection?

The best way to determine if lamb breast is cooked to perfection is by using a meat thermometer. The recommended internal temperature for lamb is 145°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, and 170°F for well-done. You can also check for doneness by piercing the meat with a fork – if the juices run clear, it is cooked through.

5. Can I freeze leftover cooked lamb breast?

Yes, you can freeze leftover cooked lamb breast for up to three months. Make sure to wrap it tightly in aluminum foil or a freezer-safe container to prevent freezer burn. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight before reheating it in the oven or on the stovetop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Shawnna
Back