• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Adorable Free Kittens in Need of a Loving Home | Limited Time Offer!

In summary, five kittens were found in a car in a parts store. They are being temporarily cared for by the person who found them, but they are looking for a rescue to take them. They are all Oriental cats and have temporary names like General Tso, Kung Pao, Szechuan, Chop Suey, and Sweet & Sour.
chefann
Gold Member
Free to a good home! Just pay shipping!

We've had an adult cat roaming our yard for the past month or so. Every time I see it, I wish we had a BB gun, so I could pop it in the rear and scare it off (I hate when people don't control their pets). Well, DH saw it the other day and followed it around the back of the garage, where he has a parts car parked.

There were 5 kittens in the car.

We pulled them out today, but none of the local shelters are open now, and they don't have drop-off instructions on their websites (except for one that made sure they mentioned the $25-75 per animal drop-off fee). We can't have cats - we're both allergic and the birds wouldn't like it. And we sure can't afford to pay for a shelter to take them.

Anyone want one?

Their temporary names are General Tso, Kung Pao, Szechuan, Chop Suey, and Sweet & Sour. ;)

Do you know anyone with a farm? Sounds like an abandoned cat trying to take care of her family....poor kitties!
If you took them to the shelter and dropped them - how would they charge you? That seems funny to me.....you might google cat rescue - there are rescue places that take just cats.I would LOVE a kitten, but we have a 17 yr old cat who would flip out if we brought a kitten into our house! And DH says no more cats for us.:cry:And I love that they are all little Oriental kittens! :)

free-cat.jpg
:DWe are trying to find a rescue, but they all emphasize adoptions, not drop-offs.

Call your local Animal Control and tell them your situation. The city where I used to work in TX would come and pick them up for free. (But they were also a kill shelter if no one adopted them within the time frame. :()

Or you can take them in a box up to your local Wal-Mart and see how many volunteers you get in the parking lot. :D

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2008/08/funny-pictures-you-should-take-the-picture-quickly.jpg

I can't take a kitten. Our mama cat had kittens recently. One is still around. (We live out in the wilds of north central Indiana, and the coyotes, fox, raccoons, and other local wildlife have an affinity for kitten.) I do have one suggestion, though. If you take them in a box to Wal-Mart or post a sign in your yard, charge $1 each. For some reason people will pay for a cat but won't take a free one. Humans confuse me.

Yay! One gone... four to go.

Can't take one, but I LOVE their names!

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/Kittens.jpg

i'd take them all, but I can't afford the shipping to VA.

They are adorable. Who's who?

They're lightweight. And would easily fit in a Priority Mail flat rate box.(Not the envelope - the box.)

Now you are learning sales tactics!

Go ahead, show off the picture of those cute little babies and tug at the heart strings of everyone!!! :love:

raebates said:
They are adorable. Who's who?

We didn't actually give them names. We were joking around with the Chinese food names. (DH says that's where we'll take them if we can't get rid of them all.)

I always fall in love with our kittens, name them, then mourn each of them as they stop showing up for breakfast.

The one sitting by himself on the right is a feisty little thing. He hisses and snarls when you reach into the box.And because we don't have any cat food in the house, they got the last can of tuna. :rolleyes: Spoiled brats. ;)

chefann said:

They're absolutely adorable! You shouldn't have much trouble getting takers for those. Just camp outside a pet store or a grocery store for five minutes. :)

In our area there are various no-kill shelters that find foster homes for animals until they are adopted. Is there anything like that in your neck of the woods? Good luck finding them homes!!!

We feed our cats high-protein dog food. We've been assured by various knowledgeable people that this isn't a problem. (Never serve your dogs dry cat food, though.) The Furry Guy once read an article about feeding dog food to goldfish, so that's also what we feed our fish. I love it when people see us buying the extra-large bag of dog food and ask about our dog. You should see their expressions when we say, "We don't have a dog. We have several cats and some fish, though."

The ones that are calicos (black orange and white) are all female. 99.9% of calico's are female and the .1% that are male are sterile and worth BIG MONEY...just so you know to be looking!!

sklay723 said:
In our area there are various no-kill shelters that find foster homes for animals until they are adopted. Is there anything like that in your neck of the woods? Good luck finding them homes!!!
We tried looking up shelters online, but they either didn't have drop-off info, an address, or were already closed by the time we looked.
pampered.chris said:
The ones that are calicos (black orange and white) are all female. 99.9% of calico's are female and the .1% that are male are sterile and worth BIG MONEY...just so you know to be looking!!
Interesting factoid. Cool!

We're down to 2. The couple who took the first one came back for 2 more. (I think for friends.)

I am one of those people that fills myself w/ useless information...it is usually more fun than the useful info!!

There's a store in Saline that's called The Calico Cat. The cat used to nap in the window, but that was 25 years ago and I bet they could use a calico cat or three again. Give 'em a call - they're just down Michigan Avenue from you.

PS - don't let The Kat Lady see that all black and orange calico. I need another cat around here like I need a hemorrhoid.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
There's a store in Saline that's called The Calico Cat. The cat used to nap in the window, but that was 25 years ago and I bet they could use a calico cat or three again. Give 'em a call - they're just down Michigan Avenue from you.

PS - don't let The Kat Lady see that all black and orange calico. I need another cat around here like I need a hemorrhoid.

smiley_lol.gif

No, really! I know many times we say LOL when something is humorous, even when we have NOT actually laughed out loud. That one REALLY MADE ME LOL!

Ha - me too Kelly!!!!

Oh that KG!

Awwwww, they are SO cute. I love calicos. Our cat Smokey would probaby be amused with a new kitten, but my DH would kill me.:mad:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

Um... Saline may be down Michigan Ave, but it's hardly a quick jaunt. :)

I wasn't outside when the couple came back for the other 2, so I don't know which 2 are left. So The Kat Lady may be out of luck anyway.

I want the black, orange and white one!! I will name her Kung Po. How much to ship her to Northeast PA???

What sweet babies! We had a stray who decided to have her 4 babies under my porch. We found them when they were about 7 weeks old. We cared for them and loved them for about 5 weeks, until a friend of a friend was able to get them into the foster/adoption agency here in Raleigh, called Marley's Cat Tales. Two were immediately adopted and 2 are being fostered by a volunteer, until they are socialized enough to be placed at PetSmart or PetCo for adoption. I am SOOOO not a cat person, and am allergic, but many a night I found myself outside at 2am playing with those kitties. I miss those sweet babies! Good luck with finding homes for the others. Of course, they might still be here if it were not for the friend of a friend, as all of the shelters had 5-6 month wait lists for stray kitties.....

Awwwhhh, if I weren't allergic to kitkats I'd take one! :( very cute for strays!

chefann said:
Um... Saline may be down Michigan Ave, but it's hardly a quick jaunt. :)I wasn't outside when the couple came back for the other 2, so I don't know which 2 are left. So The Kat Lady may be out of luck anyway.
Saline is a lot closer to you than it is to me! (There's also a great coffee shop there called "The Drowsy Parrot.")Did you hear the huge sigh or relief all the way over there?

chefann said:

Is that...Oil Dri in that box?

I didn't think anyone remembered Greasy Kid Stuff anymore.

;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Is that...Oil Dri in that box?

I didn't think anyone remembered Greasy Kid Stuff anymore.

;)

It's actually kitty litter. We have some to put in the bottom of Bunsen's cage from when he was sick. His droppings were very loose, and very copious - and the litter helped control that better than newspapers did.

pamperedbecky said:
Awwwww, they are SO cute. I love calicos. Our cat Smokey would probaby be amused with a new kitten, but my DH would kill me.:mad:

I know! I even showed Anthony and he like's the white one on the left. He then asked where you live Ann and he's like well, no kitty! Man!

The two left are Hissy and one that's black and white. The neighbor came over to see them when I asked her if she knew anyone who wanted one. She picked them up, and they calmed right down when she started massaging them (like little furry stress balls). Her dad knows someone who has a farm for unwanted cats. They check them out, neuter them, and let them roam the farm. Hopefully that will pan out.She also gave me a buttertub of cat food, so I put a little dish of it in the box (moistened, since they just have baby teeth).

Just remember that those baby teeth make a scalpel feel like the dull edge of a butter knife.

Oh, I am keeping my hands completely out of reach of those things. DH put on his leather work gloves to pull them out of the car, so he was careful, too. I "upgraded" the litter corner to some litter in the lid from a shoe box, and took out the saucer I had used for food (or fud, for LOL-readers). They had actually just dumped half the food onto the floor. :rolleyes:And I can hear them mewing when I walk through the kitchen. They're probably craving poultry. DH said there were feathers in the car, so Mama was feeding them birds.

UGH! I can't believe how hard it is to find someplace to take these! I called a local animal rescue (no-kill), and they said they have no room for any more kittens. The website for the city says that their animal control department is the guy who cleans up the roadkill. But they obviously have SOMEONE, because they require licenses. And when I called the MI Humane Society, they told me there was someone in Southfield to handle strays. In the meantime, I found something on the city site that said that the no-kill shelter I had called "is allowed to use the former City shelter in return for all (emphasis mine) Southfield strays and abandoned animals to be cared for and sheltered at the facility." When I called the number that the MHS gave me, that officer is out of the office until Monday, so I had to call someone else and leave a message. :grumpy:I'm thinking of showing up at the shelter with a printout of the document I quoted above, and just leaving them there, no matter what the rude girl on the phone said. (She was very short with me, and hung up while I was in the middle of a sentence.)

Which two are left?(He asks, squeezing eyes closed tightly...)

Snarly, the one on the right in the pic, and the one that's mostly black when viewed from above. He's (or she's) the one with his head hidden in the pic. And he has a white undercarriage. :)Stupid city doesn't have an animal control officer any more. And the no-kill shelter that's supposed to serve as the city shelter will only take animals that are brought in by the police. Which, since they have no animal control officer, won't come pick these 2 up. The cop who returned my call told me to call the Humane Society, but they're the people who gave me his number. ARGH!!Our back neighbor has cats. DH thinks we should go offer them to her, since cat people are usually willing to take in another. :rolleyes:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Which two are left?

(He asks, squeezing eyes closed tightly...)

:eek:I hear a hemorrhoid slumping your way, KG!!!:eek:

Kelly, I too laughed out loud!!

Ann, I love you kitties but I would have to put my beloved spoiled rotten Moose in therapy if I brought a kitten home. I really hope you find them a home...love KG's picture with the bird by the cat!!

KG- I'll even drive them out to you! I could use a Sprecher and Kopp's run. :)

chefann said:
KG- I'll even drive them out to you! I could use a Sprecher and Kopp's run. :)

Would you do a video of KG's face when you hand him to two kitties?!?!? I would :love:to see that!!!

Come on, KG...you KNOW you want them!!!!:D

Yay!! They're gone!! Someone stopped by just as we were sitting down to dinner and took the last 2. Now we just have to scare the momma away.

<giggle> That was pretty funny.

When there is a momma, there is a daddy:D

Glad to hear those cute kittens found a home!

letscook04 said:
When there is a momma, there is a daddy:D
But the momma is the critter that's been killing the neighborhood birds, and has the ability to generate more of these things.

Although you're right. I'd like to trap both parents and turn them in (problem there is that there aren't any local shelters accepting cats, as I found when I made some calls this week about the kittens).

Related to Adorable Free Kittens in Need of a Loving Home | Limited Time Offer!

1. What breed are the kittens?

As these kittens were found roaming in a backyard, it is difficult to determine their breed. They appear to be mixed breed kittens and may have a variety of breeds in their lineage.

2. How old are the kittens?

It is also difficult to determine the exact age of the kittens without a proper examination. However, based on their size and development, they appear to be around 6-8 weeks old.

3. Are the kittens spayed/neutered?

No, the kittens are not spayed or neutered as they are too young for the procedure. It is the responsibility of the new owner to ensure that the kittens are spayed/neutered at the appropriate age.

4. What is the cost of shipping for the kittens?

The cost of shipping for the kittens will vary depending on the location and shipping method chosen. We recommend contacting your local post office or shipping company for an accurate estimate.

5. Can the kittens be returned if they are not a good fit for our home?

Unfortunately, we do not accept returns for these kittens. We highly recommend considering all factors, such as allergies and compatibility with other pets, before adopting them. We want to ensure that these kittens find a permanent and loving home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lacychef
Back