• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director AD Demotion Question: TL Structure and Concerns

anyways.The title does go into effect this month if she does not meet the requirements again. You would need to sign a new director agreement when you re-promote though.
baychef
Silver Member
Ok, for those of you who have been through this, just wondering where a couple of us will land.

I have an AD under me who has met only TL structure in the past 3 months. She will the lose her title and be a TL in October, correct?

In the last 3 months I have met the following structures:
D, TL and it is looking like TL again this month. Will I demote from AD to TL?

Thank you..

Hi Ann,

That bites! Sorry my friend cause I know you've been working your biz. :( I do not know the details of when it kicks in, but I believe (could be wrong) that if she drops to TL, then you should meet your D requirements because she'll now count as an SC for you. That's under the assumption that sales req are met.

I think by reading the Career Plan one more time that my title next month will be TL.

Jolie_paradoxe said:
Hi Ann,

That bites! Sorry my friend cause I know you've been working your biz. :( I do not know the details of when it kicks in, but I believe (could be wrong) that if she drops to TL, then you should meet your D requirements because she'll now count as an SC for you. That's under the assumption that sales req are met.

I will be totally green except for my structure. And until the AD under me demotes, she will not be under me as a personal cluster until October so it will be a demotion to TL.

At this point I can't even get one person to be a SC on my team. Of my 3 potential SC, two have active consultants under them. One did get back to me and she will not be submitting a party. Another did get back to me and neither she or any of her consultants will be active this month. The last one will not return a call or an e-mail.

If one would qualify, I would submit a $150 order under another just to get the structure in place.

I can see this going back and forth far too much. I do have 11 parties and 3 catalog parties for next month but it is the leaner months that will bring me back down to the level I guess I am supposed to be at. If I can not maintain a team, then I should not be in a leadership role. Plain and simple.

Ugh, that's frustrating. I think, as a leader, we can only do so much....but it does fall on them to proceed and apply. So, no being hard on yourself.

So then you're definitely paid as TL, but I honestly don't know if that means the title goes into effect this month or next. Playing the rollercoaster is not fun, and it's horrible not being able to completely depend on a specific pay structure.

If she hasn't met in 3 months, she will be TL for October but can be paid as D if she reaches the requirements again. The new title would not go into effect until November. Not sure how that affects your stats in October were that the case. Beth would probably be able to answer the question.

I'm confused about this myself. August was my 3rd month not meeting all director requirements. I thought I would have demoted to TL in Sept, but my performance tracker still has me listed as "D." I suppose I could look at my mid-month commission check and see what it says. I never got any notification from HO about demoting. But I don't think they really do anything. Does anyone know if we have to sign a new director agreement when we promote? I haven't seen anything come through, but maybe don't do that 'til you officially re-promote?? I should do so on 10/1.

pamperedbecky said:
I never got any notification from HO about demoting. But I don't think they really do anything. Does anyone know if we have to sign a new director agreement when we promote? I haven't seen anything come through, but maybe don't do that 'til you officially re-promote?? I should do so on 10/1.

I didn't get any notice when I demoted from HO that it was happening. It just went into effect around the 10th of the month.

As soon as I repromoted (which I did 2x in the last year), I got a new director agreement to sign and mail back each time. I told my upline that I thought it was ridiculous that we would sign a new D agreement each time we repromoted and she agreed but I'm not sure if that went to HO or not.

I haven't demoted to TL since, but this month is looking iffy... even though everyone says they are going to get their shows in.

Which reminds me, I need new people!!!!!

I am being pro-active and starting to work with just the willing. They are few and far between but with more parties on my calendar next month maybe I can continue to add more! Looking forward and will continue on despite the set backs.

(((hugs))) Ann! To drop to Director - this month's stats have to show 4 active lines, 2 of which must be SC or TL active lines, $750 in personal sales and $4,000 in team sales. If you are lacking meeting all of those qualifications, you would drop lower.

baychef said:
Ok, for those of you who have been through this, just wondering where a couple of us will land.

I have an AD under me who has met only TL structure in the past 3 months. She will the lose her title and be a TL in October, correct?

In the last 3 months I have met the following structures:
D, TL and it is looking like TL again this month. Will I demote from AD to TL?

Thank you..

You can be paid as TL 2 months in a row and keep your title of D. It's when you get the 3rd month that you go down to TL as title.

You said you were: July D; August TL; Sept TL. Your October title would still be D so if she drops down as of Oct and your structure is in place in Oct you'll keep D.

bethcooks4u said:
You can be paid as TL 2 months in a row and keep your title of D. It's when you get the 3rd month that you go down to TL as title.

You said you were: July D; August TL; Sept TL. Your October title would still be D so if she drops down as of Oct and your structure is in place in Oct you'll keep D.

Beth, you may have made my day! I honestly thought of putting a $150 show in for each of them. I can't afford it but I am going to lose that amount anyway.
Just looking forward to helping my newest recruit with her grand opening today. My head feels like a balloon in the Macy's Day parade so I feel really spacey!!
My ED is going to call on Monday. She is not sure of this either and wants to know.
Will let you all know!

baychef said:
..... I honestly thought of putting a $150 show in for each of them. I can't afford it but I am going to lose that amount anyway.

Sometimes you just have to "do the math" then decide what works best and if it's worth it. Sucks too! Good luck Ann! As much as I dislike the frustrating ups and downs of the new structure the part that outweighs it all (for me anyhow) is the fact that I do not lose my team when things are tough.

1. What is a demotion in Pampered Chef?

A demotion in Pampered Chef refers to a change in an employee's job role or responsibilities, resulting in a lower position within the company.

2. How does a demotion affect an employee's salary?

A demotion may result in a decrease in salary, since the employee's new position may have a lower pay grade. However, the exact impact on salary will depend on the specific circumstances and policies of the company.

3. Can an employee be demoted without warning?

In most cases, an employee should be given a warning and the opportunity to improve before being demoted. However, if there are serious performance or behavioral issues, an immediate demotion may be necessary.

4. Is it possible to be promoted back to a previous position after a demotion?

It is possible for an employee to be promoted back to a previous position after a demotion, especially if they have shown significant improvement and meet the qualifications for the position.

5. How can an employee handle a demotion in Pampered Chef?

It is important for an employee to remain professional and maintain a positive attitude. They should also communicate with their supervisor to understand the reasons for the demotion and work towards improving their performance or skills to move back up to a higher position. Seeking support from colleagues and utilizing resources provided by the company can also help an employee cope with a demotion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedbecky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cenouctosturo
  • baychef