• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Are These the Best Home Fries Ever?

In summary, the conversation is about a person thanking the website for helping them learn and sharing their favorite recipe for home fries. The recipe involves using Yukon Gold potatoes, butter, onion, garlic salt, table salt, and black pepper. The potatoes are cooked in the microwave and then in a skillet until crispy, with the addition of onions and seasoning. The person also mentions that they reverse the order of cooking the onions and potatoes and that their family loves this recipe, despite the high amount of butter used.
jrodeo
I have learned so much from this site and would just like to thank you by sharing a few of my favorite recipes from time to time. This is one of my all-time favorites. I usually keep trying different recipes of the same thing until I find one that couldn't possibly be better. This one is it for Home Fries. This is not a PC recipe but could be using your favorite products. (Great for brunch. Just double the recipe)

Short Order Home Fries

Serves 4 (generously)

Although Yukon Gold potatoes are the best for this recipe, other medium-starch or waxy potatoes can be substituted. If you want to spice things up, add a pinch of cayenne. Russets fall apart so avoid them.

1 1/2 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes (4 med), scrubbed, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 onion, chopped fine
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon table salt
Ground black pepper

1. Arrange potatoes in large microwave-safe bowl, top with 1 T. butter, and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Microwave on high until edges of potatoes begin to soften, 5 to 7 minutes, shaking bowl (without removing plastic) to redistribute potatoes halfway through cooking.
2. Meanwhile, melt 1 T butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened and golden brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer to small bowl. (You must not cook the onion with the potatoes-it affects the pototaes' crust.)
3. Melt remaining 2 T butter in now-empty skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes and pack down with spatula. Cook, without moving, until underside of potatoes is brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Turn potatoes, pack down again, and continue to cook until well browned and crisp, 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking, stirring potatoes every few minutes, until crusty, 9 to 12 minutes. Stir in onion, garlic salt, salt, and pepper to taste. Serve.

I get the onions going before I put the potatoes in the microwave, after I've cut them. (Kind of reverse of the recipe.) You'll figure out the best order after you've tried it once.

My family begs for these potatoes. Enjoy!!

These are the best. I made them for breakfast this morning. And they were awesome and got rave reviews. Only thing i didn't like was the outrageous amount of butter.

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! I love trying new recipes and this one sounds delicious. I'll have to give it a try for my next brunch. I appreciate you taking the time to share your favorite recipes with us. It's always great to learn from others and expand our cooking repertoire. Can't wait to try these short order home fries!

What are the ingredients for Absolutely the Best Home Fries?

The ingredients for Absolutely the Best Home Fries are potatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.

How do I make Absolutely the Best Home Fries?

To make Absolutely the Best Home Fries, start by washing and cutting the potatoes into small cubes. Then, heat olive oil in a skillet and add the potatoes. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are crispy and golden brown.

Can I use other types of potatoes for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of potatoes for Absolutely the Best Home Fries. Russet, Yukon Gold, or red potatoes work well in this recipe.

What can I serve with Absolutely the Best Home Fries?

Absolutely the Best Home Fries make a great side dish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. They pair well with eggs, bacon, sausage, sandwiches, burgers, and more.

Can I make Absolutely the Best Home Fries ahead of time?

Absolutely! You can make the potatoes ahead of time and reheat them in a skillet or in the oven for a few minutes before serving. They also freeze well for up to 3 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies