• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Aarrrgh! I'll Never Make Until Tuesday

In summary, the Wisconsin Primary is next Tuesday and both Obama and Clinton have new ads running frequently. McCain isn't advertising and Huckabee's ads are not annoying. However, the worst part of all of this is that the campaign advertising will continue for nine months after the selections are made. Many people find this frustrating and believe that the money spent on advertising could be put to better use.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
The Wisconsin Primary is next Tuesday.Obama and Clinton have both rolled out new ads that run about every other break. Thank goodness they're going to go away on Tuesday and some of the rest of you are gonna be stuck with 'em.In the interest of equal time, McCain isn't advertising (he doesn't have to) and Mike Huckabee is running a few but they're not annoying.The worst part of all of this is that once the selections are made, well, the other one anyway, we're gonna have nine months of this.Yuk.ETA: I do not want to talk politics. This is a complaint about campaign advertising.

Are you talking about commercials? What are those? I love my DVR! Ohh...and Caller ID! I know they've been leaving messages, but I just ignore them.

The funniest calls lately have been when the caller ID comes up "Political caller". Yeah right like I am going to answer that one!

Jules711 said:
Are you talking about commercials? What are those? I love my DVR! Ohh...and Caller ID! I know they've been leaving messages, but I just ignore them.

That is what the "delete message" button is for!

Just to put my own two cents in, is it just me, or isn't there a large number of more important things all that advertising money could be spent on? Like solving some of the problems that ALL of the candidates seem to care so much about? I'm sure most of you have seen some of the fundraising totals that these candidates have generated...think of the cost of one ad, multiplied by however many times that ad runs on television on any given day...yikes.

Uh oh....that's a political question...this could start a scary debate...:yuck: ;)

my theory when I was a little girl...If you are not sure who to vote for...go to a big signage spot and pick out the smallest, least colorful signs...that is the good candidate HAHAHA :)

sklay723 said:
Just to put my own two cents in, is it just me, or isn't there a large number of more important things all that advertising money could be spent on? Like solving some of the problems that ALL of the candidates seem to care so much about? I'm sure most of you have seen some of the fundraising totals that these candidates have generated...think of the cost of one ad, multiplied by however many times that ad runs on television on any given day...yikes.

I agree whole heartedly and have been saying this for a while!!!! Obama raised something like 32 million dollars in January alone, put that into the economy to help curb the recession instead of into advertising!!! I think it is absolutely ridiculous the amounts of money these candidates go through just to bug us with advertisements that very few people actually pay attention to!!! This is just my opinion.

I am NOT saying it is right, I can understand why they spend so much money. Since so many people in this country vote from name recognition, candidates feel they have to either make ads about themselves feel "warm and fuzzy" and/or make ads that make their opponent out to be nothing short of a monster.
I think much of it would disappear if people actually took part in their government by knowing the candidates and then voting based on issues, not just who hire the best advertising company.

You can only imagine what we have gone through here in NH with months and months of calls and surveys and polls. It is somewhat of a relief to answer the phone now!!!

Annoying as commercials and politics in general are... I have to admit Obama's ads are quite exciting with the catchy music and promises to change the world. lol. and i'm not even a democrat!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The Wisconsin Primary is next Tuesday.

Obama and Clinton have both rolled out new ads that run about every other break. Thank goodness they're going to go away on Tuesday and some of the rest of you are gonna be stuck with 'em.

In the interest of equal time, McCain isn't advertising (he doesn't have to) and Mike Huckabee is running a few but they're not annoying.

The worst part of all of this is that once the selections are made, well, the other one anyway, we're gonna have nine months of this.

Yuk.

ETA: I do not want to talk politics. This is a complaint about campaign advertising.
I agree with your whole post!!! It's ridiculous! The part I bolded sounds like the conversation my DH and I were having the other night! He said to me "how long until we vote?" when I told him November he said oh great, 7 more months of this crap!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bsaxman said:
Annoying as commercials and politics in general are... I have to admit Obama's ads are quite exciting with the catchy music and promises to change the world. lol. and i'm not even a democrat!
My thoughts exactly! Neither Obama or Hillary will get my vote, but I think his adds are more entertaining! But I still am sick of them ALREADY!

Thank goodness the ads have stopped for the Primary in NY state which was on the famed "Super Tuesday" BUT now we have a special election for a Senate seat that will be run next Tuesday.

I understand that it takes money to run for an office. It isn't just advertising, however, I see no use in the mailings using a glossy card stock weight letter sized flyer. We have receive four just today!! One candidate is a mud slinger and I can not stand that.

And as far as all of them go...SHOW me what you have done and SHOW me how you think you will do things. Because once it goes to committee in a house, senate or assembly...it may not make it out on the other side the way they intended. And at the federal level, it depends on politics and then if who ever is in the white house will agree with it and sign it. And at the Presidential end, there is so much crap attached to a bill and/or law, I don't see how anyone can promise too much of anything!

The good thing is, it will go away once your primary or caucus is over. It will probably not start up too hot and heavy until they nominate for each party. Then it will be non stop!
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/baychef_album/politics.jpg

Obama is running two different spots here. One tells us how mean and awful Clinton is.The other shows Obama as a rock star - smooth, well spoken and a repetitive message.Except he doesn't say anything. The entire message is smooth, slick and completely devoid of content.

I guess that's one good thing about living in Indiana. By the time our primary arrives we usually don't have a choice, so we aren't necessarily subjected to lots of presidential primary ads. Of course, since the decision's made before our primary arrives, our opinion doesn't count. That's the down side.

Bingo.Since the primaries have all been moved up, trying to be first, this whole primary thing has gotten completely out of hand. Some qualified candidates were eliminated by polls before we even got to any primaries.I fear, that if we wish to continue to use primaries as the way of selecting our candidates, we're going to have to standardize them somehow. That could mean the end of the caucus and a nationwide primary day. If we were to go to one national primary election, I don't see any reason to hold it before June of the election year. However, since every state sees itself as more important than every other state, I don't see a national primary happening anytime soon.

A national primary would require cooperation of all the states and then someone to coordinate the whole mess...

Yep, not seeing that happening during my lifetime.

Especially since at least one state has it in their state constitution that theirs must be the first primary in the nation. I'm thinking that would make it difficult to institute such a change.

That's what caused all the trouble in the first place. If they want so badly to be first, on national primary day, they can open the polls at 12:01 AM and close at 6:59 AM before everyone else opens their polls.

They actually have it in their constitution? How in the world do you enforce that rule? That is about as insane as having a bunch of kids on a playground and then one standing up and declaring that he gets to go down the slide first every day because that is his rule. Remind me again why do so many people ignore everyone having anything to do with the government?????

OK, KG, what is your phone number, I'm going to forward my phone to yours...since you've posted this, I've received 4 calls already for political surveys...

Grr.......needless to say since I'm feeling crappy I hung up on all 4 of them.

Hey, maybe I can invent an "ignore list" for my telephone. ;)

Yes it is called "caller ID". Then you don't answer it anytime it says "Unknown Caller", "Anonymous", "Out of the Area", or any number you do not recognize.:D

Caller ID is the best invention since duct tape.

Well, last one came up as "blocked call" which my Mom sometimes shows up as...

Before that unknown caller...just need to ignore those...

raebates said:
I guess that's one good thing about living in Indiana. By the time our primary arrives we usually don't have a choice, so we aren't necessarily subjected to lots of presidential primary ads.

Of course, since the decision's made before our primary arrives, our opinion doesn't count. That's the down side.
North Carolina too. By the time it gets to us the decision is made.

And who came up with that super deligate idea? Sounds to me like a way to negate the people's vote.

The power brokers are always trying to find a way to beat the system. From Tammany Hall to the infamous political machines of Chicago, someone is always trying to find a way to manipulate the results.Ask yourself - who are the most vehemently opposed to photo ID for voting and why are they so afraid of it?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The power brokers are always trying to find a way to beat the system. From Tammany Hall to the infamous political machines of Chicago, someone is always trying to find a way to manipulate the results.

Ask yourself - who are the most vehemently opposed to photo ID for voting and why are they so afraid of it?

Now, THAT is a good question! Hmmmmm....

Yeah, especially since you can't even write a check most places without a photo ID.

Related to Aarrrgh! I'll Never Make Until Tuesday

1. How do I use "Aarrrgh! I'll Never Make Until Tuesday" in my cooking?

"Aarrrgh! I'll Never Make Until Tuesday" is a versatile seasoning blend that can be used in a variety of dishes, including meats, vegetables, and even soups and stews. Simply sprinkle it on your ingredients before cooking for a delicious burst of flavor.

2. Is "Aarrrgh! I'll Never Make Until Tuesday" suitable for all dietary restrictions?

Yes, "Aarrrgh! I'll Never Make Until Tuesday" is gluten-free, dairy-free, and contains no artificial ingredients. It is suitable for most dietary restrictions, but as always, we recommend checking the ingredient list for any potential allergens.

3. How long does a jar of "Aarrrgh! I'll Never Make Until Tuesday" last?

The shelf life of "Aarrrgh! I'll Never Make Until Tuesday" is approximately 2 years if stored in a cool, dry place. However, we recommend using it within 6 months for optimal flavor.

4. Can I use "Aarrrgh! I'll Never Make Until Tuesday" as a marinade?

Absolutely! "Aarrrgh! I'll Never Make Until Tuesday" can be mixed with oil and vinegar to create a delicious marinade for meats or vegetables. Let the ingredients marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking for maximum flavor.

5. Is "Aarrrgh! I'll Never Make Until Tuesday" spicy?

While "Aarrrgh! I'll Never Make Until Tuesday" does have a bit of a kick, it is not overly spicy. It adds a nice balance of heat and flavor to dishes without being too overwhelming. However, if you are sensitive to spice, you may want to start with a small amount and adjust to your taste.

Back