• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A Bargain Find: Shopping at a Consignment Store

In summary, Ann found a few pieces of kitchenware at a garage sale for cheap. She found a small micro cooker, a rectangular baker, and two small bowls for seven dollars. She also found a bowl that said "made in China" for five cents.
crissy11
Gold Member
I went to a consignment store last night and got a small bar pan for $2.00.
It is brand new and dated 2002 on the back. There wasn't a box but it will make a nice spare. There was also a cookie press in the box for $5 but another lady grabbed it.
I should have put my business card inside.. Didn't think of that!!!
That was a first for me on finding a piece of stoneware..

That is cool!

Years ago I found a Princess House Crystal mixing bowl (it was VERY LARGE) at a garage sale for $3. It was probably a $75 piece!!

Love those finds!!

I found a smaller quick stir pitcher and a procduct that you put in the pot when you boil water at a local hospice. I thought OMG how could someone want to get rid of a PC product. Their loss my gain.

my mom has found 2 tool turnabouts at local thrift stores. She gives them to me because I use the extra ones to store my scissors and pens for scrapbooking

I went to a yard sale for a church here last June and someone had donated the new Outdoor Plates. The lady marked them 25 cents each and I grabbed all 6! Could not believe it!

I got a brand new egg slicer plus and fairly new micro cooker at good will a while ago. I was so excited! LOL ....I think I paid $3 for both.

I went to a garage sale and they had season's best for 5 cents. I got them all. It was a fundraiser garag sale.

Ann R.

aried said:
I went to a garage sale and they had season's best for 5 cents. I got them all. It was a fundraiser garag sale.

Ann R.

Wow! What a steal!!

I got a small micro cooker for 15c at the Thrift Store and a garlic press for
25c at a Jr. League sale. I love finding great deals!

A gal I work with just got a Rectangular Baker at Goodwill for $3.00. It was new and still in the box!! I figure it had to have been a gift, because NO ONE would buy that for themself and give it away unused.

I recently found the Rectangle Platter with Cranberry Accent for $6 at my local Goodwill and two Micro Cookers for $.50 each.

Hathery said:
A gal I work with just got a Rectangular Baker at Goodwill for $3.00. It was new and still in the box!! I figure it had to have been a gift, because NO ONE would buy that for themself and give it away unused.

Man - if I got a gift like that and didn't want it, I'd totally regift it!!!

About 4 years ago I found a food chopper for $1 at a garage sale. Worked great and I'm still using it.

redsoxgirl said:
Man - if I got a gift like that and didn't want it, I'd totally regift it!!!

No kidding! This person clearly had no clue what they had!

Hathery said:

Um. Yeah. Well, my mom did JUST THAT!

She had bought a rectangle baker at a show YEARS before I started selling PC. She had NEVER USED IT, and when I started selling she decided to give it to me so I would get some use out of it. Then...when she came to my house and saw how great my lasagna turned out, and how easy it was to clean she was teasing me and told me she wanted it back!! lol

I got a large micro cooker at my church rummage sale ... it was marked for $1, then half price, then half price again. I gave them all the change in my pocket, about 33 cents.

KellyTheChef said:
Um. Yeah. Well, my mom did JUST THAT!

She had bought a rectangle baker at a show YEARS before I started selling PC. She had NEVER USED IT, and when I started selling she decided to give it to me so I would get some use out of it. Then...when she came to my house and saw how great my lasagna turned out, and how easy it was to clean she was teasing me and told me she wanted it back!! lol

Too funny!! :eek:

I just went to a garage sale this weekend and found the 3 tiered stand (the one that is on the outlet right now) AND the 3 med plates and 2 sm. bowls all for 7.50!! It was a steal! I picked them up right away.

While I love finding stuff like this at garage sales and thrift stores, etc., it bums me out because our customers can too. I had a lady talk up the small micro cookers at her show and then proceed to hand one to each of her friends because she finds them at the Thrift Store all the time for 50 cents.

The Furry Guy never met a garage sale he didn't like. (Seriously, it took us 4 hours to make the 1 hour 45 minute drive to Lake Michigan because we stopped at almost every garage sale.) He has picked up PC pieces for years. When someone mentions that type of deal at one of my shows, I tell, "That's great! I love a bargain. Unfortunately, when you buy something that way you don't get our great guarantee or my fabulous customer care."

I think if I had someone handing out micro-cookers to her friends, I'd say, "Great! Now that gives you more money to spend on other great products!"

raebates said:
I think if I had someone handing out micro-cookers to her friends, I'd say, "Great! Now that gives you more money to spend on other great products!"

I would never think that fast at a show:)!

I never find any PC bargains, but then I don't go to many garage sales anymore. I just don't have the time and my husband would kill me if I brought more stuff into this house! I've been trying to get rid of stuff! Believe it or not I even have too much PC stuff:rolleyes:! I've gotten a lot more picky on the new products I purchase.

I do think this proves we need to do those "out of the box" calls;)!

raebates said:

I never find any PC bargains, but then I don't go to many garage sales anymore. I just don't have the time and my husband would kill me if I brought more stuff into this house! I've been trying to get rid of stuff! Believe it or not I even have too much PC stuff:rolleyes:! I know some of you say that can't be - maybe if I had a bigger house! I've gotten a lot more picky on the new products I purchase.

I do think this proves we need to do those "out of the box" calls;)!

Me too. I've started taking over dh garage for my cooking items. My kitchen is itty bitty.

pampchefrhondab said:

Believe it or not I even have too much PC stuff:rolleyes:! I know some of you say that can't be - maybe if I had a bigger house! I've gotten a lot more picky on the new products I purchase.

I am going to have to explore the kitchen aisles at the thrift stores! My small micro cooker got a crack in it (after the warranty was over) before I became a consultant. I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet. I have the large one and the rice cooker.

Last week my dad got 6 pieces of stoneware, all appear brand new for $7!!! 2 mini bundt pans (the ones on the outlet), a muffin pan, what looks like a round plate, a large round bowl and the fluted pan! What a deal. I'm going to steal a few from him to add to my personal collection.

pampermejolene said:
Last week my dad got 6 pieces of stoneware, all appear brand new for $7!!! 2 mini bundt pans (the ones on the outlet), a muffin pan, what looks like a round plate, a large round bowl and the fluted pan! What a deal. I'm going to steal a few from him to add to my personal collection.

That would be the small round stone. It's great for individual pizzas or servings of nachos. It's also a handy piece when someone in the household has food allergies - it can be their personal stone so it's not contaminated with oils, etc.

chefann said:
That would be the small round stone. It's great for individual pizzas or servings of nachos. It's also a handy piece when someone in the household has food allergies - it can be their personal stone so it's not contaminated with oils, etc.

They are also great for reheating a dinner for someone who didn't make it home at dinner time!:D

I had a host who bought 6 of them - for her family to all individually have their own. That way, if they do Nachos, or Dim Sum, everyone in the family can build their own the way they like it, and then pop them all in the oven at the same time.
I was sad to see this piece discontinued. Hoping they show up on the Outlet eventually.

hmm... I have a small round still in the box - never been used. Well, maybe once to test it out. Now you've got me considering selling it.

Related to A Bargain Find: Shopping at a Consignment Store

1. Can I find brand new items at a consignment store?

Yes, you can definitely find brand new items at a consignment store. Many consignment stores receive merchandise directly from retailers or manufacturers, which may include overstock, discontinued items, or samples. These items are often brand new and sold at a discounted price.

2. How do I know if the items at a consignment store are in good condition?

Consignment stores typically have a thorough inspection process for all items they receive. They only accept items that are in good condition, and any flaws or damages are noted and priced accordingly. You can also inspect the items yourself before making a purchase.

3. Are consignment stores only for clothing?

No, consignment stores offer a wide range of items, including clothing, accessories, home decor, furniture, and even kitchenware. You can find great deals on gently used or brand new items for your home as well.

4. Can I negotiate the prices at a consignment store?

It never hurts to ask! Some consignment stores may be open to negotiation, especially if an item has been sitting for a while. However, keep in mind that the prices are already discounted, so be respectful and reasonable when negotiating.

5. Can I return items purchased at a consignment store?

Most consignment stores have a strict no-return policy, as they are not the original retailer of the items. However, some stores may offer store credit or exchanges within a certain time frame. It's always best to ask about the store's return policy before making a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • trps
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies