1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: 9721 Beer Bread Mix

1. I have a question.... Does any one know if the beer bread mix have an expiration date? A lady at one of my shows has had the mix for a while it could be 2 yrs or longer... she wants to know if she can still use it ? .... any help would be great ... I think if its unopened it might be ok ... but for 2 yrs or more i don't know ?

Apr 26, 2009
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I don't see an expiration date on mine.

Apr 26, 2009
  3. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

The leavening (baking powder) in it might become less effective, but there's nothing in it that would technically expire.

Apr 26, 2009
  4. ok Thanks! I'll let her know.

Apr 26, 2009
  5. I would maybe contact the home office and ask the question. The reason I say that is because I recently read somewhere that people were getting sick by using expired cake mixes, pancake mixes, Bisquick, etc. Because there is no expiration date on the beer bread it may be okay. I'd just be leary about telling a host that it's okay to use and God forbid - something happen.

Just my thoughts.

Vicky

Apr 26, 2009
  6. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I believe the mixes people had problems with were ones not enclosed in plastic inside the cardboard, allowing "stuff" to get into the mix.

Apr 27, 2009
  7. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

This is from mold spores growing in the mixes, which for most people will have no effect, but for the people that died and for my son it can be fatal... My son is severely allergic to mold, so I no longer use box mixes for pancakes and I no longer have Bisquick in my home... and I'm very careful about boxed cake mixes... so that might be something that you might want to mention to her...

Apr 27, 2009
  8. I used a box that was about 3 years old and it was really bitter or something. We ended up throwing it out. Even my 6 year old who eats everything refused to eat it.

HTH,
    Laura

Apr 27, 2009
  9. Thank you all I will let her know.

Apr 28, 2009
Have something to add?