• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

30 Min. Chicken and the Maaahket Basket

Publix is the grocery story I use, and they clean the chicken out for you and then pre-season it. They have a lemon-pepper one (which is what we get about 95% of the time) and a cajun one. The best part is that I just take it out of its package, put it in my oiled DCB, and it's ready to go in the microwave.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
This is a question for the New England cheffers ....

I recently returned from the New Hampshire/Mass border, where they "paaahk their ca on the cawna, walk to the ball pahk and buy a bottle of tawnic."

The out of state aunt I stayed with is all about quick and easy convenience food.

I was going to bring a chicken along to demonstrate when we spotted the rotisserie chicken for $3.99 a pop. None of the whole, fresh chickens was less, even though the price was a good one.

How to you convince your hosts to let you cook them a 30 minute chicken when they can go down to the MAAAAHKET Basket and get one that's already cooked for the same price?

We used to buy the rotisserie chickens from the market all the time...but ever since I started making the 30-minute chicken here at home (I "cheat" and buy the lemon-pepper pre-seasoned bird from our local store for less than $5), DH said he'll never go back to the store-bought rotisserie. The really nice thing is that not one piece of meat is EVER dry on the one we do in the microwave. Another good point is that when you buy the store rotisserie one, you basically have no control over it...it's hot when you get it home. We like having 30 minutes to cook it because I can make up the sides, too...veggies, potatoes, whatever we're pairing it with for the meal. That way everything is hot and ready at the same time without having to reheat (and dry out) the meat. :)

I don't!! I'm right behind them at Boston Market (I know it costs more but tastes so much better) buying mine :) I hate cleaning a whole chicken. the farm girl in me has rebelled

You are making me home sick! All this talk of Mahhhket basket and New Hampshire!

Ok I'm going to call my Dad.... I now need to hear the accent not just read it! LOL!

PS... My accent doesn't come out too much but when it does my friends tease me. I get the back though, I answer Yaaahh and Doncha know to everything! I love Minnesoootah!

When you need a fix, just watch This Old House, New Yankee Workshop or Ask This Old House, especially that one. Tommy Silva and Nohm couldn't pronounce anything with an ahhh in it to save themselves.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
When you need a fix, just watch This Old House, New Yankee Workshop or Ask This Old House, especially that one. Tommy Silva and Nohm couldn't pronounce anything with an ahhh in it to save themselves.

Ok you have me pegged.... I Love these shows because they remind me of home!

A friend's husband works at Sam's club and they inject there rot chickens before cooking them with lard!!! That explains the yum-o factor... but honestly I would rather make it at home and know its a healthy choice. If I'm going to eat chicken with lard injected under the skin in it I'm just going to eat fried chicken!!!

Last edited:
Jenni said:
A friend's husband works at Sam's club and they inject there rot chickens before cooking them with lard!!! They explains the yum-o factor... but honestly I would rather make it at home and know its a healthy choice. If I'm going to eat chicken with lard injected under the skin in it I'm just going to eat fried chicken!!!

Wow...that's just appetizing right there... :)

Publix is the grocery story I use, and they clean the chicken out for you and then pre-season it. They have a lemon-pepper one (which is what we get about 95% of the time) and a cajun one. The best part is that I just take it out of its package, put it in my oiled DCB, and it's ready to go in the microwave. :)

Related to 30 Min. Chicken and the Maaahket Basket

1. How do I prepare the 30 Min. Chicken meal?

To prepare the 30 Min. Chicken meal, start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. Then, season your chicken breasts with your choice of Pampered Chef seasoning and place them in a greased Maaahket Basket. Add your choice of vegetables to the basket, such as carrots, potatoes, and onions. Bake for 30 minutes and enjoy!

2. What type of chicken should I use for this recipe?

We recommend using boneless, skinless chicken breasts for the 30 Min. Chicken meal. However, you can also use bone-in chicken breasts or boneless chicken thighs if preferred.

3. Can I use frozen chicken for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken for the 30 Min. Chicken meal. However, you will need to adjust the cooking time accordingly. We recommend adding an additional 10-15 minutes to the cooking time if using frozen chicken.

4. Can I add other vegetables to the Maaahket Basket?

Absolutely! The Maaahket Basket is a versatile cooking tool that can accommodate a variety of vegetables. Some popular choices include bell peppers, zucchini, and broccoli. Just make sure to chop them into bite-sized pieces for even cooking.

5. Can I use the Maaahket Basket for other meals besides chicken?

Yes, the Maaahket Basket can be used for a variety of meals, including fish, pork, and vegetables. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly based on the ingredients you are using.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Ginger428
Back