• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deliciously Decadent Chocolate Brownie Marshmallow Treat

In summary, this recipe was in my new Cooking Pleasures magazine. It had a whole brownie recipe, but I'm too lazy to type in the whole thing. They would easily work with a box mix. The brownies were delicious and easy to make.
raebates
Staff member
This recipe was in my new Cooking Pleasures magazine. It had a whole brownie recipe, but I'm too lazy to type in the whole thing. They would easily work with a box mix.

You'll need:

9 whole cinnamon graham crackers
brownie mix with chocolate chunks (or ingredients for your own chocolate chip brownie recipe)
35 regular-sized marshmallows

Line the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan with cinnamon graham crackers. (Break them along the lines, but don't chop them up. You may need to overlap them a bit, and you may have a few left over.)

Prepare your brownie mix per instructions, and pour it into the pan over the grahams.

Bake 35 to 40 minutes, just until the top is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs attached.

Heat broiler. Lay the marshmallows evenly over the top on their sides. Broil 30 seconds to 2 minutes, just until marshmallows are puffed and tops are golden brown.

Serve warm or at room temperature.

Ooohh.... that sounds really good. I think that one's going on my PWS for this month!

I'm sitting here at work drooling on my keyboard. The picture looks amazing.

As a Girl Scout leader, I love s'mores! This is an interesting twist, so of course I'm going to HAVE to try this one out! Thanks for posting, Rae!!!!!!

Can we use stoneware under the broiler? Haven't ever done it, and I don't want to wreck it...that's why I ask!

only problem is that you can't broil in stonware.. that means I would have to dig and see if I have glass pan left

Honestly, I think a few minutes in the oven without it being on broil would toast the marshmallows just fine. That way we could use our beloved stoneware.

I have an old recipe that had a puffed marshmallow layer in it. It called for putting a layer of mini marshmallows on the cake, then putting it back in the hot oven (not broiler) for a few minutes. The 'mallows would puff up, but not necessarily brown. That would work on these, too.

Yeah. It looks really cool with the whole marshmallows, but I think a layer of mini marshmallows would work fine.

Leave it to me to completely re-work a recipe. The Furry Guy says that, other than most PC recipes, I never make one the way it's written. He's not complaining; just observing.

Oh my heavens....
::::::::drooling::::::::

i've almost got myself talked into making these this evening. I have The Furry Guy's family coming over on Saturday. These should keep really well, and I think they'll be a big hit.

I believe I'll line my pan with parchment so I can remove them from the pan before cutting. I think that will make it easier.

I also think this will go well with the brined groundhog that The Furry Guy will be serving. What do you think?

Can I get a "Trifle" from anybody out there? Layer graham crackers, brownies, and marshmallows...maybe even some marshmallow cream? Yummy!

raebates said:
I also think this will go well with the brined groundhog that The Furry Guy will be serving. What do you think?
Are you serious, or are you kidding? Sometimes I can't tell.

I'm not sure anything goes with brined groundhog, but then I've never had groundhog. Does it taste like chicken?

I can just hear calling Rae's house...<ring><ring><ring><click> Road Kill Cafe - You kill 'em ~ We grill 'em!

I understand, Ann. It sounds like a joke. However, The Furry Guy shot a groundhog last fall. He cleaned and skinned it, and put it in the freezer. Currently it's thawing in my kitchen. He'll brine it and fire roast it. People who've had it say it tastes a bit like pork, but with a "wilder" taste.KG, we actually feed road kill to our cat. I have to draw the line somewhere.

So, I tried the brownies. I used a "family size" fudge brownie mix and threw in a couple of handfuls of chocolate chips. I used mini-marshmallows. I just threw them on in a single layer and popped the whole thing back in the oven (not broiler) for about 5 minutes. Holy moly, they're great!I used regular grahams instead of cinnamon, since that's what I had on hand. I bet they'd be even better with the cinnamon. Maybe that's not a good idea. They're darn near irresistible as they are.BTW, I lined the pan with parchment to make it easier to cut, since I could just pop the whole thing out of the pan. I promised my temp job co-workers that I'd bring them some tomorrow. This recipe is definitely a keeper.

Okay then. That's what I'm making! I think I'll make 2 batches because it wouldn't do to make them in front of the "kids" and grandkids and not let them have some too. Maybe I'll cut ours and wrap them in saran wrap so it's neater - do you think the marshmallow will stick to the saran wrap?

It won't if you use Press N Seal.

raebates said:
I understand, Ann. It sounds like a joke. However, The Furry Guy shot a groundhog last fall. He cleaned and skinned it, and put it in the freezer. Currently it's thawing in my kitchen. He'll brine it and fire roast it. People who've had it say it tastes a bit like pork, but with a "wilder" taste.
This reminds me of a holiday dinner Dan and I went to several years ago. It was Dan's workplace Christmas dinner, and it was catered by one of the fancy-shmancy restaurants in town (now closed, alas). Like a wedding, the RSVP card had a place to check off which entree you wanted: chicken, beef, shrimp, vegetarian or pheasant. The evening of the party, we were sitting at the table while the meal was being served, and, at our table, the meal orders were 2 chicken, 2 beef, 5 shrimp and 1 pheasant (me). When they served mine, everyone at the table mentioned that they always wondered what pheasant tasted like. I told them that they should have ordered it, since it was their chance to have it without paying for it.Anyhoo, what reminded me is that it tasted like chicken, but a little "wilder." So I do know what you mean.

Since we've tried alligator (surprisingly good), ostrich (tastes like good, lean beef), and squirrel, groundhog isn't necessary a big stretch.

raebates said:
It won't if you use Press N Seal.
I don't have a press n seal and besides I'll be traveling just before Nat. Conf. in TN and WI - I don't think they have a press n seal either.

Do I?:confused: I don't think any of our things are called press n seal....

Press N Seal is made by Glad. It's plastic wrap with food-safe glue on one side. It can usually be found near the other plastic wrap. It's great!

hmmm... this confusion gives me an idea for a new thread....

Oh, yeah. If you use the mini-marshmallows, remember that marshmallows are sticky. :rolleyes: Seriously, don't forget to spray your knife with oil after each cut, otherwise you'll lift up your marshmallow layer. It could get really messy.

raebates said:
Press N Seal is made by Glad. It's plastic wrap with food-safe glue on one side. It can usually be found near the other plastic wrap. It's great!
OH wait! Is that the wrap that looks kind of like a cross between saran and waxed paper? I love that stuff and I do have some! I thought you were talking about a gadget that seals food in.

nikked said:
Can I get a "Trifle" from anybody out there? Layer graham crackers, brownies, and marshmallows...maybe even some marshmallow cream? Yummy!

Oh hellooooo! Yum!??!?!?!
Someone needs to type up a recipe for this trifle!!!

chefann said:
Does it taste like chicken?

OMG -- DH used to have a t-shirt he got when we were dating that said "Tastes like chicken"
Oy...
I donated it to goodwill last month FINALLY

raebates said:
So, I tried the brownies. I used a "family size" fudge brownie mix and threw in a couple of handfuls of chocolate chips. I used mini-marshmallows. I just threw them on in a single layer and popped the whole thing back in the oven (not broiler) for about 5 minutes. Holy moly, they're great!

I used regular grahams instead of cinnamon, since that's what I had on hand. I bet they'd be even better with the cinnamon. Maybe that's not a good idea. They're darn near irresistible as they are.

BTW, I lined the pan with parchment to make it easier to cut, since I could just pop the whole thing out of the pan. I promised my temp job co-workers that I'd bring them some tomorrow. This recipe is definitely a keeper.

and you're going to pop some in the mail to me tomorrow?

I saw this recipe in the same magazine and it did look sooo yummy! Now I am really going to have to try it :)

jenniferknapp said:
I saw this recipe in the same magazine and it did look sooo yummy! Now I am really going to have to try it :)

...and send some to me, right?

chefann said:
hmmm... this confusion gives me an idea for a new thread....

Are you thinking of starting a thread about our favorite non-PC kitchen products? If so, I think it's a great idea!!

Tell you what. If there are any left on Monday morning, after my co-workers, in-laws, and The Furry Guy get done with them, I'll start sending them out.

BTW, since The Furry Guy ate three of them last night, I'm not sure they'll even make it to the in-laws on Saturday. You might want to plan on making your own.

BethCooks4U said:
OH wait! Is that the wrap that looks kind of like a cross between saran and waxed paper? I love that stuff and I do have some! I thought you were talking about a gadget that seals food in.

That's it. And, it transported the individually wrapped brownie s'mores to work this morning very well. Since you'll be traveling in July, though, you may want to spritz the wrap with a little oil. That way it wouldn't matter what kind you use.

I am really wanting to make this on the round stone, so that I can use the woven selections to display it at my open house this weekend. I know that you are supposed to use parchment paper to make a brownie pizza, so that the batter doesn't run all off. What does everyone think about this? If you think it's too risky, I'll just do it in the bar pan! Thanks :)

You could still display it - out of the pan. Put the large round platter on the WS, then fill it with cut brownies.

jenniferknapp said:
I am really wanting to make this on the round stone, so that I can use the woven selections to display it at my open house this weekend. I know that you are supposed to use parchment paper to make a brownie pizza, so that the batter doesn't run all off. What does everyone think about this? If you think it's too risky, I'll just do it in the bar pan! Thanks :)

With the grahams on the bottom, I'm afraid the brownie mix would run all over. You might be wise to use Ann's idea and just use the Woven Selections to serve them.

Okay, thanks ladies! I will figure something out! :)

Reminds me of the "Give Me S'More Brownies" in the Use and Care Cards...I think it came with the Square Baker...but I don't see it on CC anymore..
I have the card...and I made it at a show a few years ago.

Bake the brownies (Square Baker 350 - 25 min)
Chop graham crackers(4 whole) and candy bars(2 Hershey's) with FC.
When the brownies come out of the oven, immediately top with crackers and candy bars, and 1 cup mini marshmallows, pressing lightly.
Return to oven; bake 5-7 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt.

ChefNic said:
Reminds me of the "Give Me S'More Brownies" in the Use and Care Cards...I think it came with the Square Baker...but I don't see it on CC anymore..
I have the card...and I made it at a show a few years ago.

Bake the brownies (Square Baker 350 - 25 min)
Chop graham crackers(4 whole) and candy bars(2 Hershey's) with FC.
When the brownies come out of the oven, immediately top with crackers and candy bars, and 1 cup mini marshmallows, pressing lightly.
Return to oven; bake 5-7 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt.

Ohhh, that could work on the round stone! I am just thinking that people probably don't realize you can make a brownie "pizza" with parchment paper...so maybe I can sell some round stones and parchment paper! I like showing people things that they didn't realize were possible!

I merged the brownie and banana pizza recipe with this idea and attached it..!

Attachments

• Brownie S’Mores Pizza.doc
    23 KB · Views: 336
Last edited:
Did anyone ever do a S'more Trifle?????
YUMMM!

Related to Deliciously Decadent Chocolate Brownie Marshmallow Treat

1. Can I use a box mix for this recipe?

Yes, you can easily use a box mix for this recipe instead of making your own brownie batter from scratch. Just follow the instructions on the box and pour the batter over the graham crackers as directed.

2. How many graham crackers do I need for this recipe?

You will need 9 whole cinnamon graham crackers for this recipe. Break them along the lines and overlap them if needed to cover the bottom of the 9 x 13 pan.

3. How long do I need to bake the brownies for?

Bake the brownies for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top is set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs attached.

4. Do I need to use a specific type of marshmallow for this recipe?

No, you can use regular-sized marshmallows for this recipe. Lay them evenly over the top of the brownies before broiling.

5. Can I serve these brownies warm or at room temperature?

Yes, you can serve these deliciously decadent brownies warm or at room temperature. They will still be delicious either way!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • DebPC