• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Can't I Find Motivation After Successful Months in Sales?

keep going when I wanted to give up was so helpful. So, what I did was I took a break for a few days (didn't answer the phone), then started with a few phone calls, and then worked from there. I also wrote down my goals every day, and then I could see them every day and be inspired to work towards them. It's hard to get out of a slump, but it's SO worth it to be able to look back at your progress, and be happy with your accomplishments. Hang in there, and remember that you are not alone!
MissChef
Gold Member
After about 4 absolutely fabulous months, selling between $3500-5500 each month, I just don't understand why I can't get motivated!
I took a lot of time off in December due to holidays and my hubby being out of town and my kids being home 1/2 the month, but still pulled in $2000 in sales!
But now, I just don't feel like working but I know I need to! I have lots of bills to pay and I had many goals in place before December for my business.

I just can't figure out what my deal is.... my hubby is back out of town again and the weather is yucky and I just feel blah! :yuck: :grumpy:

I was excited over the incentives for Jan and Feb and now I can barely pick up the phone and work my business!

I also had goals to exercise and loose weight, and all though I am eating much better, I have not exercised at all! I need to make myself do it but it's cold and nasty outside! I don't have money for a gym and hate fake exercise tapes.... see... I'm making excuses! Ughhh!!!!:thumbdown: :cry:

I'm hoping I can pull my head out my rear end before my January is totally screwed! I'm hoping that the leadership announcements and new products will be motivating but that will almost be 1/2 way into the month and I should do something before then!
I just keep looking at my office and what a mess it is and I'm still putting away stuff from the holidays and trying to help my kids get their stuff in order from the holidays and I'm just not into anything else!
Okay, so now that I sound like a total head case, I'm not!:D I'm not depressed, I'm just gloomy and sometimes after the holidays I just feel let down! The only time I feel motivated is on Sunday's after church, but then it's my set family day and I don't do anything but hang out with my family, which I will not give up!! And by the next day, I'm finding reasons not to pick up the phone and avoiding taking care of me!
Anyway, any advice would be appreciated or encouraging words! Any organized people want to give me simple steps to gain control of my business and fix some of the chaos?! :)
TIA

Last edited:
Take a breath and take a day off. Maybe make lists of people who you will call for bookings, recruits, CCCs, etc. Then, let yourself watch tv, take a bath, whatever you want today. Get back to work tomorrow. Sometimes you have to take that time for yourself so your "bad mood (or whatever it is)" doesn't come across the phone.

Cathy, I couldn't have written that any better myself. I'm feeling super un motivated as well and can't figure out how to get out of this slump. I also started a MAJOR lifestyle change (diet, exercise) and I just feel blah.

I also think a big part of it was I worked so hard in the middle of December to earn this cruise and I felt myself overstressing about it. I started getting migraines after I earned it (which I've NEVER had)and I think its because I worked so hard wondering where I was going to get my next sale to earn the cruise. I pretty much have been relaxing for the last 2 weeks and I know that I need to kick my butt into gear so I can earn the trip this year. I would hate to go on a free vacation for 2 years in a row and then miss it.

So, I picked the phone up today and made 4 phone calls and talked to one live person and booked a show for the 17th!:D So, right now I have $118 in online sales, just got an order for $66 and have one show booked for the month. Now I just need to get another 5 shows booked. We can do this together Cathy. I have faith in us. :D

Last year, in January - I was exactly where you are right now....I'd had a good December, but then our whole family got sick with a horrible flu over Christmas, and one of my best friend's died of cancer on New Years Day......I just could not shake it all off, and get motivated.

I got on this site - asked for help, motivation, and encouragement (just like you are doing!) and it was the best thing for me! Having people give me virtual hugs, and then encouragement to JUST DO IT! and hold me accountable was the best thing for me!

So - don't try to do everything at once...take some baby steps - accomplish a couple small goals a day, and then add some bigger ones....and don't give up! You can do it!

((((((((((big hugs!)))))))))))

It's always tough to get back into the swing of things. Take a cue from Nike and Just Do It! You'll be surprised how quickly that motivation will return.

raebates said:
It's always tough to get back into the swing of things. Take a cue from Nike and Just Do It! You'll be surprised how quickly that motivation will return.
I agree! As soon as you book your first show or get a recruiting lead you will be back in the game! 3-2-1 Pick up the phone and do it.

Kristi; I was getting headaches too the last 2 weeks...dh thought it was cause I was stressing over getting the cruise or not.

I know what you mean Cathy. I was so depressed when I learned that I didn't get the cruise; after I worked so hard all year. But, the reality is life does go on. We have such great specials this & next month; who wouldn't want to host?
This is the best company & they give us & our hosts the best incentives; we just have to get on that phone & make it happen!
Hang in there; I think the cheffers are gonna kick some booty this year:chef:

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I am feeling a little better, but the weather is still soooo dreary! But I think I will make a couple of calls later on, after dinner and see what I can do! Even if I can just secure 1 or 2 it would help give me my excitement back. Sad thing is, I know a lot of people who would no doubt do a show, I just need to get up and do it! Maybe I need to go watch a comedy, where I laugh hysterically and then go call someone, I'd sound happy then! Hmmmm.... what can I go find on the tv, we pay out the wazoooooo, I should be able to find something out of about 400 channels!:rolleyes: I also am going to go read my newsletter that I just got too! I was thinking about listening to one or two of my cd's, on bookings, host coaching and customer care... one of my bookings cd's is a hoot, the lady has me laughing through more than 1/2 of it!
Thanks again, ladies, I couldn't even strum up enough energy earlier to even think about what I could do to help inspire myself, but your support and understanding have helped a lot. Kristi, Lacy and Becky... a big thank you for help me realize that I'm not alone and that I don't need to feel alone, that my cheffer friends go through it too! And to everyone thanks so much for being kind enough to care about me and my business to post on this thread! You all are awesome.... I hope this mood will last now! I might come down a re-read this thread a couple of times!:rolleyes: :blushing: :D LOL!

Last edited:
So did you make some calls?;)

lacychef said:
So did you make some calls?;)
Holding head down in shame but NO!:cry: :eek: :blushing:
BUT! I do think I figured out why I was soooo bad and I do have a reason for doing NOTHING last night! The monthly woman's nightmare started!!! I had cramps so bad last night! I started eating dinner and I was really hungry, got though about 1/2 and my stomach just didn't feel good! I just kept feeling worse and worse. Then about 15 minutes later I went to the restroom and low and behold, it made sense!
As I lay there last night with a ton of meds and my heating pad, I realized why I've been soooo moody, blah, yucky and overall a b%*ch! I am even doing more this morning then I think I have all week! Still a little crampy but thats normal!
I didn't think I was due for about another 1 week and I usually don't get this bad, it's usually about a 2 day thing before I start. This time was just abnormally rough!:(
But at least I understand now! That is 1/2 the battle!;) :)

MissChef said:
Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I am feeling a little better, but the weather is still soooo dreary! But I think I will make a couple of calls later on, after dinner and see what I can do! Even if I can just secure 1 or 2 it would help give me my excitement back. Sad thing is, I know a lot of people who would no doubt do a show, I just need to get up and do it! Maybe I need to go watch a comedy, where I laugh hysterically and then go call someone, I'd sound happy then! Hmmmm.... what can I go find on the tv, we pay out the wazoooooo, I should be able to find something out of about 400 channels!:rolleyes: I also am going to go read my newsletter that I just got too! I was thinking about listening to one or two of my cd's, on bookings, host coaching and customer care... one of my bookings cd's is a hoot, the lady has me laughing through more than 1/2 of it!
Thanks again, ladies, I couldn't even strum up enough energy earlier to even think about what I could do to help inspire myself, but your support and understanding have helped a lot. Kristi, Lacy and Becky... a big thank you for help me realize that I'm not alone and that I don't need to feel alone, that my cheffer friends go through it too! And to everyone thanks so much for being kind enough to care about me and my business to post on this thread! You all are awesome.... I hope this mood will last now! I might come down a re-read this thread a couple of times!:rolleyes: :blushing: :D LOL!

It sounds like it might be the "winter blues". That's an actual condition, not just a term we all use. Here is some info on it.

"But for an estimated 15 million Americans, these shorter, colder days bring on seasonal affective disorder (SAD), a condition characterized by depression, social withdrawal, overeating and weight gain." This is an excerpt from the following article USATODAY.com - Shed light on SAD to ease winter blues

MissChef said:
After about 4 absolutely fabulous months, selling between $3500-5500 each month, I just don't understand why I can't get motivated!
I took a lot of time off in December due to holidays and my hubby being out of town and my kids being home 1/2 the month, but still pulled in $2000 in sales!
But now, I just don't feel like working but I know I need to! I have lots of bills to pay and I had many goals in place before December for my business.

I just can't figure out what my deal is.... my hubby is back out of town again and the weather is yucky and I just feel blah! :yuck: :grumpy:

I was excited over the incentives for Jan and Feb and now I can barely pick up the phone and work my business!

I also had goals to exercise and loose weight, and all though I am eating much better, I have not exercised at all! I need to make myself do it but it's cold and nasty outside! I don't have money for a gym and hate fake exercise tapes.... see... I'm making excuses! Ughhh!!!!:thumbdown: :cry:

I'm hoping I can pull my head out my rear end before my January is totally screwed! I'm hoping that the leadership announcements and new products will be motivating but that will almost be 1/2 way into the month and I should do something before then!
I just keep looking at my office and what a mess it is and I'm still putting away stuff from the holidays and trying to help my kids get their stuff in order from the holidays and I'm just not into anything else!
Okay, so now that I sound like a total head case, I'm not!:D I'm not depressed, I'm just gloomy and sometimes after the holidays I just feel let down! The only time I feel motivated is on Sunday's after church, but then it's my set family day and I don't do anything but hang out with my family, which I will not give up!! And by the next day, I'm finding reasons not to pick up the phone and avoiding taking care of me!
Anyway, any advice would be appreciated or encouraging words! Any organized people want to give me simple steps to gain control of my business and fix some of the chaos?! :)
TIA

OMGOSH! You must be my twin separated at birth b/c that is my exact same situation!

Stampaholic1961 said:
It sounds like it might be the "winter blues". That's an actual condition, not just a term we all use. Here is some info on it.

"But for an estimated 15 million Americans, these shorter, colder days bring on seasonal affective disorder (SAD), a condition characterized by depression, social withdrawal, overeating and weight gain." This is an excerpt from the following article USATODAY.com - Shed light on SAD to ease winter blues
I've thought of this too, Bev! I'm hoping my extreme moodiness was based on my period, as I told eveyone about in an earlier post! But I do go though times that I don't want to do anything but this was pretty intense! It seems the older I get (37 one month from today:rolleyes: ) the harder my periods are getting and the more severe my moods get! Thank God my hubby and I have been together almost 18 years, because he knows when to leave me alone and let me get through it! My doctor told me I might be going through pre-menopause!:eek:

Stampaholic1961 said:

We looked at this and discussed it quite a bit at work last year.

I helped the maintenance guys change our lights in our offices - I forget the name but they make it look light daylight inside since you spend so much time there. Down the hall at our mostly woman, creative department that does our catalogs...they not only said they felt more awake last winter but could work better with the lights.

Yeah Cathy! I'm glad you have it figured out!! I just got an email from a $32 online activity email so I'm doing good for the month so far, especially since las January I turned in a whopping $518 for the WHOLE month!! I'll do better this month!

Cathy, when I read your first post I immediately thought "it sounds like me when I have PMS." Too bad I just read this. I always go look at my calendar, and I feel better just knowing there is a reason if that is the reason. I just keep talking to myself, saying, "Don't make any rash decions. This will go away soon. I'll feel better in a few days. I forive dh after I start..."

PampMomof3 said:
Yeah Cathy! I'm glad you have it figured out!! I just got an email from a $32 online activity email so I'm doing good for the month so far, especially since las January I turned in a whopping $518 for the WHOLE month!! I'll do better this month!
Last Jan. I think my sales were $108! :eek: I only have one show so if I beat last years totals I will be in okay shape! (not really, but I'm trying to make myself feel better!) LOL!

I'm in this same boat. September through December were crazy busy with my PC business. I also work full-time and attend graduate school, so I took the last two weeks off, and now I am having a horrible time getting back in the swing of things. I have a couple of party packs to put together, calls to make, January newsletter to send out, etc... I'm still trying to finish cleaning my house to have a clean start with the new year, and to prepare for my $300+ in new PC products, but it's taking me longer than anticipated. I do have to thank God and PC for my good sales because it enabled me to purchase a new couch, rocker/recliner and refrigerator. I also used my new PC CC so I didn't have to deplete my business account all at once. I want so badly to get remotivated about PC, but it hasn't happened yet. I've also been getting a lot of customer calls re: broken items (especially the DCB and the trifle bowl). From others' posts I know the DCB has been a problem product lately. I am trying to look at my blessings, but I'm still overwhelmed with all my PC stuff. I literally dedicated one room to my PC Products and have 2 large shelving units from Target in there, and a 6-cube organizer for paper supplies, catalogs, door prizes, etc., but I still have so much more organizing left to do to make everything fit and be easily accessible. I hate to be an Eeyore, I really do... I guess we all just worked ourselves so hard during the fall that we have a bit of burn out. I just hope this weekend will help me get finished and ready to get back in the game. I'm also dreading going back to work because I have a HUGE project to work on that I have put off as long (too long!) as I can. Good luck to all of you who are struggling, and hopefully we can all get rejuvenated once the new products are announced and we can finish the f/w season strong and start off s/s even stronger!

Take care, all!

Tammy

JAE said:
Cathy, when I read your first post I immediately thought "it sounds like me when I have PMS." Too bad I just read this. I always go look at my calendar, and I feel better just knowing there is a reason if that is the reason. I just keep talking to myself, saying, "Don't make any rash decions. This will go away soon. I'll feel better in a few days. I forgive dh after I start..."[/QUOTE]
LOL! I got a laugh out of that one! My hubby has been gone until 3pm today. He left about 3am on Wednesday. So he hasn't had to deal with me and my mood the last few days. I was happy the kids went back to school this week too! But my hubby knows my story of the last couple days and keeps trying to make me laugh! He keeps telling me that he needs affection! LOL! And I just smile! He knows by tomorrow I'll be normal, the first 2 days of my period are horendous on me! But he definetly has been a dose of good medicine, I've laughed more today in the last 6 hours than I have the last 4 days! And he's helping out with the kids! It's nice when he's here to get on them too! It's amazing, they haven't really been argueing today! I think they are excited to be with Dad too and they are happier because I'm happier and they flat out don't fight as much when Dad's home, because he takes less nonsense than I do! He tells them once and they fix it or they get grounded! I'm more a push-over, I just spend so much time with them that I don't always want to be grounding them! I'm a tough parent too, when I need to be, my kids know when I mean business but Dad just makes it so much easier on me! He's my partner and backs me up!
Geez... I love my man!:love: :D

Last edited:

1. How can I find motivation when I feel completely unmotivated?

Motivation can be difficult to find when you're feeling unmotivated, but there are a few things you can try. First, try setting small, achievable goals for yourself and celebrating when you reach them. This can help you build momentum and feel more motivated. You can also try changing your environment or routine, as a change of scenery can often spark motivation. Lastly, try talking to a friend or loved one for support and encouragement.

2. What are some common causes of feeling unmotivated?

There are many reasons why someone may feel unmotivated, but some common causes include feeling overwhelmed, lack of interest or passion, fear of failure, and feeling disconnected from goals or purpose. Identifying the root cause of your lack of motivation can help you address it more effectively.

3. How can I stay motivated for the long term?

Staying motivated for the long term can be challenging, but there are a few things you can do to help maintain motivation. First, make sure your goals are realistic and achievable. It can also be helpful to break your goals down into smaller, more manageable tasks. Additionally, regularly reminding yourself of why you set your goals in the first place can help keep you motivated.

4. How can I motivate myself when I'm feeling burnt out?

Burnout can make it difficult to find motivation, but there are some steps you can take to help recharge. First, make sure you're taking care of yourself by getting enough rest, eating well, and engaging in self-care activities. It can also be helpful to take a break from whatever is causing the burnout and focus on a different task or hobby for a while.

5. Are there any tools or resources that can help with motivation?

Yes, there are many tools and resources available to help with motivation. You can try using a planner or journal to track your progress and stay organized. There are also motivational apps and websites that offer tips, quotes, and challenges to help you stay motivated. Additionally, surrounding yourself with positive and supportive people can also be a great source of motivation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
  • eberg83
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CRuff
  • jj16
  • General Chat
Replies