• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Words That You'd Like to See in the Dictionary

In summation, this thread is just for fun and people are coming up with new words to add to the dictionary.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Okay, so I came up with a word that I think we should have added to the Dictionary. Do any of you have words you'd like to see added? :)

This thread is just for fun...

Here is my word: Whatchoodoin'. It's meant to be asked as a question- like "What-chya doing?"

:D :D :D

Skissors - that's how I say scissors for funKwinky-dink (coincidence)

Thing-a-ma-bob

Ginormous. Bigger than humongous, larger than giant. :)

I'm always saying things my husband swears aren't real words....

I say, "Gee, the sidewalk is slippy today!" no - not slippery, slippy!

I also say, "Funnily enough I think you are wrong" That one always gets him - funnily.

One of my friends describes herself as fragitated. - I think it's short for freaking aggitated but I'm not sure:)

DH and I use Frack all the time, but that's not our word. It's what they use on Battlestar Galactica so they can swear without being bleeped. Another one is Frell. Same usage, different show (Farscape).

What about....

Howzitgoin'
Cheffer

pcsharon1 said:
I'm always saying things my husband swears aren't real words....

I say, "Gee, the sidewalk is slippy today!" no - not slippery, slippy!

I also say, "Funnily enough I think you are wrong" That one always gets him - funnily.

One of my friends describes herself as fragitated. - I think it's short for freaking aggitated but I'm not sure:)

I LOVE the fragitated one! I just might start using that!!! :) I also like Flustrated- it's flustered and frustrated combined! :rolleyes:

sleezing - cross between freezing rain and sleet

squig - a squirrel (not sure how this one came about)

mudder - DD's mother
Brudder - DD's brother
*****can you guess she has problems with the "th";)

crack-a-lackin - something really good or to get moving quickly

nap - yes this is already a real word. BUT, in our house n-a-p can be used for another 3-letter word......s-e-x
i.e. you guys get to go to Grandma's so Mommy & Daddy can take a nap.:rolleyes::blushing:

amy07 said:

mudder - DD's mother
Brudder - DD's brother

nap - yes this is already a real word. BUT, in our house n-a-p can be used for another 3-letter word......s-e-x
i.e. you guys get to go to Grandma's so Mommy & Daddy can take a nap.:rolleyes::blushing:

LOL!! I like that....nap....hehe..:p ....hummm....just gets me thinkin' - what does Grandma say when her grandkids ask "can we come to your house, 'cause Mommy and Daddy want to nap."...haha

And, good thing you explained the meaning to "sleezing", 'cause I was thinkin' bad....as in being sleezy....:eek::blushing:

We use the word snizzle up here in MN. It's short for snow and drizzle! :)

PChefPEI said:
LOL!! I like that....nap....hehe..:p ....hummm....just gets me thinkin' - what does Grandma say when her grandkids ask "can we come to your house, 'cause Mommy and Daddy want to nap."...haha

And, good thing you explained the meaning to "sleezing", 'cause I was thinkin' bad....as in being sleezy....:eek::blushing:

well, in all honesty we really don't say it to the kids. It's more so, said to each other. Like when he's grumpy.....do you need a nap? Or when you're feeling frisky to say, wanna take a nap?

moving boxes -verb. can also mean n-a-p.
ex. can you help me move some boxes in the basement? This is best used when a NEW & UNSEEN movie is rented/borrowed/bought for the G audience. Hint: moving boxes can only last less than 5 minutes:eek:

amy07 said:

haha, I would have thought sleezing was something else too!

here crack-a-lackin is used a lil differently... like hey what's crack a lackin, or just what's crackin as in what's going on tonight, where's the party/poker game etc.

I would like the proper word for past tense texting. Is it, "I texted you" or "I text you"???eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
and WAOOOOOO
are used around here a lot for abundant happiness (sometimes also drunkenness!)

Snain: a mix of snow and rain.

I don't need to make up too many words. I use enough words that people don't recognize as it is. LOL!

WONKY is a word I use alot, when something doesn print right or look right, it is WONKY
I also say discaboborated and DH always makes fun of me because I don't say it right. He is a grammer freak, he would not like this thread~ ha ha :)

amy07 said:

mudder - DD's mother
Brudder - DD's brother

HA, I love it~ NAP!!! DH says mommy and daddy are going to go wrestle, the kids are 20 months and 32 months, like they know what either means~ LOL. MY teen one day said oh you mean sex, I was so embarassed:blushing:

oh, here's some more....

beautious - very pretty

lubbuly - lovely

I tell DH I lubba him. :) it's like hubba hubba and love rolled all into one!

I tell The Furry Guy I wubba him. And, he's not my husband or hubby; he's my hubber.

Ever since that Seinfeld episode DH and I call each other SCHMOOPY just to be silly.

Oh, yeah!!! I forgot -- one of my friends tells her teenager STIBY - stands for sucks to be you and the little kids don't know what it means. Now we say it all the time.

We call them MAZ-A-GEENS instead of magazines because that's what DD used to call them when she was little. And SKA-GETTI, instead of spaghetti.I get irritated with drivers on the road and call them "dumbdiculous" (as in "are you kidding me? You are such a dumb-diculous driver!"

The Furry Guy calls people twiddleheads when he would like to use strong language. Seriously, that's about the strongest his language gets.

Some of the words we use are just a riot! Aren't they? DH and I say Hang ga bers for Hamburgers- because that's what my niece calls them.
And we call Granola Bars Gran no er bars! :) Because that's what my niece calls them! :)

My DD says granilla bars no matter how many times I tell her it's gran-o-la. She insists she is right!

bumpy - cross between being a brat and grumpy. Best used in a loud angry voice as "leave me ALONE, I'm BUMPY". Cute when it comes out the mouth of a 3 year old. Or 30-somethings

crystalscookingnow said:
posilutely - positively & absolutely

We say absapostivalutley for this!

And wonky is totally a British thing, kind of like skew-whiff. As in, "that picture is not hanging quite straight, it's wonky! And your hat is on skew-whiff too!".

DH used to think Wonky was so funny, and he loves to try to use it, but is not always quite right... It cracks me up though!

doo-hickey: when you're not quite sure what it's called or don't know what it is called

I would love to see Fantabulous - Fabulous + Fantastic

I am so going to use fragitated!!

Hooyah- use in place of a noun that you can't remember what it is
(some people use this word for other "private" parts)

pampered.chris said:
Hooyah- use in place of a noun that you can't remember what it is
(some people use this word for other "private" parts)

Um, that's youre whoo-hoo, or hoo-hoo... ;)

Fantabulous - when it's more than just fantastic or fabulous.
Popstickle - nope, not for that frozen fruity treat....it's what DS builds through our house at times - he builds a "popstickle (obstacle) course".

Hmmm...your idea Becky makes me think of "Frantabulous" and "Frantastic" - those who "have" to watch "Frannie's Feet" will know what I'm talkin' about! ;)

chefann said:
DH and I use Frack all the time, but that's not our word. It's what they use on Battlestar Galactica so they can swear without being bleeped. Another one is Frell. Same usage, different show (Farscape).

I love using "frack". My daughter doesn't know what it means and "crap" is just a bad word to me. I used to say "green beans" instead of "crap" but that's a long story... When I started watching BSG, I liked the fact that no one else knew what it meant. Also "frick" is another one that I use, but that's from Scrubs...

My word that I would like to see in the dictionary is one that I used in high school and continue to use is "deflicted" meaning "doesn't work or doesn't work right". The VCR is deflicted because it won't rewind without being played back.

1. What is the definition of "Whatchoodoin'?"

"Whatchoodoin'" is a slang term used to ask someone what they are doing or what their plans are.

2. Is "Whatchoodoin'" considered a proper word?

Currently, "Whatchoodoin'" is not recognized as a proper word in the dictionary, but it is commonly used in spoken language and can be found in informal writing.

3. Can "Whatchoodoin'" be used in professional settings?

It is not recommended to use "Whatchoodoin'" in professional settings as it is considered informal and may not be appropriate in certain situations.

4. Are there any similar words to "Whatchoodoin'"?

Other similar words or phrases that have a similar meaning to "Whatchoodoin'" include "What are you up to?", "What's going on?", or "What's happening?"

5. Can I use "Whatchoodoin'" in writing?

As mentioned before, "Whatchoodoin'" is typically used in informal or casual writing, such as social media posts or text messages. It is not recommended to use it in more formal writing, such as essays or business communications.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies