• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Words for "Thanks, but No Thanks" Letter

In summary, a "Thanks, but No Thanks" letter is a polite way to decline an offer, invitation, or opportunity. It should be used in a timely manner and can be used in both professional and personal situations. To write this type of letter, express gratitude for the offer, politely decline with a brief explanation, and thank the person or company again. While not always necessary, sending a "Thanks, but No Thanks" letter shows respect and can maintain positive relationships for future opportunities.
katie0128
Silver Member
HELP! I'm having a brain freeze and can't think how to word this letter. I need to create a "thanks, but no thanks" letter to send to people that we are not interested in persuing for an opening we have at work...

I'm usually really good at writing letters, but can't think of anything today (maybe the three days with a combined 10 hours of sleep is finally catching up with me!)

I want to thank you for applying with Company Name. After careful consideration, I have decided to offer the position to another candidate.

Thank you for your time on Tuesday. I appreiciate the opportunity to sit and meet with you. At this time, we are unable to offer you a position with our company. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

How about something like that??

This is for people that we don't even want to consider... still haven't found the right person, but they don't have a skill set even remotely close to what is needed!

After reviewing your application we have decided to interview others for the position you have applied for. Thank you for your interest in our company.

You aren't lying, because you are going to interview others, just not them. :)

Thank you for you interest in the company and the position but at this time, we have gone in another direction. Good luck with your in your job search. Something like that?

Related to Words for "Thanks, but No Thanks" Letter

What is a "Thanks, but No Thanks" letter?

A "Thanks, but No Thanks" letter is a polite way to decline an offer, invitation, or opportunity. It is typically used in professional or business settings to show gratitude for the offer while respectfully declining it.

When should I use a "Thanks, but No Thanks" letter?

A "Thanks, but No Thanks" letter should be used when you have been offered something that you do not wish to accept. This can be a job offer, a business proposal, an invitation to an event, or any other type of offer. It is important to use this letter in a timely manner to show respect for the person or company offering.

How do I write a "Thanks, but No Thanks" letter?

To write a "Thanks, but No Thanks" letter, start by expressing your gratitude for the offer. Then, politely decline the offer and provide a brief explanation for your decision. You may also include a reason for declining if you feel it is necessary. End the letter by thanking the person or company again and wishing them well.

Is it necessary to send a "Thanks, but No Thanks" letter?

While it is not always necessary to send a "Thanks, but No Thanks" letter, it is considered a professional and polite gesture. It shows respect for the person or company offering and can help maintain a positive relationship for future opportunities.

Can I use a "Thanks, but No Thanks" letter for personal situations?

Yes, a "Thanks, but No Thanks" letter can be used in personal situations as well. For example, if you receive an invitation to an event that you are unable to attend, you can use this letter to decline the invitation while expressing your appreciation for the invitation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • chefkathy
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Kitchen Diva