• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Winning the Shopping Spree on the HO Tour: Is it Possible?

In summary, the shopping spree on the HO tour works like this: everyone is given a ticket on the bus on the way to the home office. A winning ticket from each bus is drawn out. The winning consultant gets to run the spree! You get to pull out products and throw them into a cart as you run down the line in the warehouse! Your products will be shipped home to you.
loreedfk
Although I know I have a snowball's chance you know where (I never win anything), does anyone know how the shopping spree on the HO tour works? Has a Cheffer ever won? ;)

I've heard about this... exciting!

Don't bother even going on tour #2 (Wave #2)...as, I'm going to win the Shopping Spree!!!! - LOL! yeah, right....I too never win anything! Hopefully this is more that 'just in my dreams'!!!:eek:

Wouldn't it be nice to win....just thinking about it get's me more excited about going:) . I WANT the complete line of Executive Cookware! and, Simple Additions, and chillzane, and more stoneware, a few more knives.....I think that about covers it! Does the shopping spree include the new unannounced items too....Wow, wouldn't that be nice! I'm wanting items that I don't even know what they are yet! :D Ha Ha Ha!!

Linda

Hi--
As a seasoned conference attendee...here's the scoop on the shopping spree.
Everyone is given a ticket on the bus on the way to the home office. A winning ticket from each bus is drawn out. The winning consultant gets to run the spree! You get to pull out products and throw them into a cart as you run down the line in the warehouse! Your products will be shipped home to you. It is so exciting...and just another way to appreciate how wonderful Pampered Chef is and how generous the legacy of our founder is!

What is the shopping spree exactly?

Can you get as many of each item as you want, or are you limited to 1 of each?

They line up all kinds of bins of products and the HO staff will help you as you grab all the products you possibly can. I doubt any of the new products will be there since some HO tours are BEFORE they announce the new stuff. Plus, you get to pick from products that are actually IN the distribution center. But, there's cookware, stoneware, EVERYTHING that is in the catalog. You get something like 60 or 90 seconds to grab everything you can. It doesn't sound like much time, but with some of the staff helping to take stuff right out of your hands, you'll pretty much get everything you want. It's SUCH a cool thing to watch! I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone from here wins one!!:D

WOW!!! That would be so awesome!

Last year a friend here won........When she got home she had 20 boxes, you heard me right, 20 boxes of things to sort out. She had such a great time and wonderful experience!! She even shared with her PC buddy, who cheered her on during the tour!!

And I'm going to win on Wave 2!! :p A girl can dream, right??

Lisa

mrssyvo said:
Can you get as many of each item as you want, or are you limited to 1 of each?
To my knowledge you DON'T have to limit it to one of each, but I'm not entirely sure since I've never won the shopping spree.:(

Video ClipI have a video clip of the shopping spree from last year that I took with my digital camera, I cannot attach it here but if anyone would like a copy I can try to send it to anyone who requests one and includes their e-mail address.

Leea:cool:

Leea
I'd love the video clip, my email is listed below.

Lisa

You can get only one of each item and the new products (Fall 06 in this case) are NOT included.

Most people get most of them. It's fun to watch too!

It is SO exciting to watch! A friend of mine won last year--she was shaking she was so excited. And it was so neat that the HO staff were helping her grab things. And it was neat too that you don't have to run all over the warehouse; they have shelves set up with all the products there, and everyone else is right behind them cheering them on. It was so loud from the cheering--so cool to see all these strangers cheering others on! Another friend was calling our director to tell her & she couldn't even hear it was so loud! What an experience:)

Those off you going on HO tours. Wear sneakers!!!!! If you get the shopping spree, they will make you wear someone else's shoes to do the spree if you wear anything open. My first year at Conference, a woman won the spree and was wearing sandals so they let her do it barefoot and she cut up her feet really bad on a piece of stoneware that broke during her spree. She spent the next day and a half in a wheel chair because of the cuts on her feet. But if you win, have a lot of fun and be safe. They make sure you get one of everything from what I have heard. Good Luck!!!!!!!

OK, just so I can start formulating my plan to get it all when I win - ha ha!! If they line the shelves - do they only put 1 of each item on the shelves or how does it work? I'm just envisioning going along and just pushing everything in site into the cart!!! :cool:

dcypcar.chef said:
Those off you going on HO tours. Wear sneakers!!!!! If you get the shopping spree, they will make you wear someone else's shoes to do the spree if you wear anything open. My first year at Conference, a woman won the spree and was wearing sandals so they let her do it barefoot and she cut up her feet really bad on a piece of stoneware that broke during her spree. She spent the next day and a half in a wheel chair because of the cuts on her feet. But if you win, have a lot of fun and be safe. They make sure you get one of everything from what I have heard. Good Luck!!!!!!!

Last year they were providing sneakers to all the winners of the shopping sprees.

PicThese are two pics from last year, they set it up in the ware house. The winners get to go behind the chain to do their 'shopping'!

Attachments

• Warehouse Small.JPG
    Warehouse Small.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 448
  • Warehouse Big.JPG
    Warehouse Big.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 505
loreedfk said:
OK, just so I can start formulating my plan to get it all when I win - ha ha!! If they line the shelves - do they only put 1 of each item on the shelves or how does it work? I'm just envisioning going along and just pushing everything in site into the cart!!! :cool:

They put multiples out of every item - just like it's on the line they pull from when filling your order! If you grab multiples I think they will only send you one of each item you grab.

Harrle said:
These are two pics from last year, they set it up in the ware house. The winners get to go behind the chain to do their 'shopping'!
OMG!! That looks so stinking exciting! :) I'm so jazzed to be going to conference & a HO Tour. I can't wait!

Oooo.... wouldn't that be awesome to win!!!!! I am going on the last tour on day 3 is anyone else going on it?

Oh, I forgot to mention I am wave 3!

I will be on tour #3 of Wave 1

Watch out fellow Cheffers on HO Tour #1 wave 2 because it's mine, on your mark get set, eat my dust!!!!:)LOL!

Amanda, we'll have to make sure we are on different buses because I also plan to win the spree at Wave 2 Tour 1!!! ;)

Okay, that we can both go home winners!!!! Have 20 boxes waiting for us at home. I would actually have a heart attack if I won! Luck is not on my side!

Boy, I must be caught up in the excitement because I said I am in wave 3 but I'm really wave 2 tour #3. Hope to see some of you on it!

I would actually have a heart attack if I won! Luck is not on my side!

I'm right there with you!! Although, the way I got started with Pampered Chef was by winning the hostess dollars at a Mystery Host show and not having anything left in the catalog to purchase!!! :D

Leea,
I would also like a copy of the video clip. Please send to:
[email protected]

I am soooo excited. I went to conference last year and wasn't on a home office tour. (Registered too late) This year I registered day ONE so that I could get in.

Can't wait!!!!

Tracy Graham
Independent Consultant
St. Peters, MO
[email protected]

Hey ChefWatson! I'm also going on the last tour on day 3 (I think it's at like 1:00). I'm so excited! I don't think anyone else in my cluster is going then, so I know no one. Maybe we can meet up :)

That sounds great iteachurkid. I don't think I will know anyone either and would love to meet up. I'm staying at the Hyatt what hotel are you staying at? By the way my name is Tina what's yours?

Could you send it to me??
Harrle said:
I have a video clip of the shopping spree from last year that I took with my digital camera, I cannot attach it here but if anyone would like a copy I can try to send it to anyone who requests one and includes their e-mail address.

I would love to see the clip!
[email protected]

Thanks-
Kristin
:)

Hi
well 3 years ago I WON the shopping spree on the tour !!!! It was so exciting I got to pick ( old H.O ) only 1 of everything it came to about $2400.00 in Products I called my husband so if the U.P.S man can before I got home he didn't think I went to chicago Shopping . haha I took a picture with all of the boxes piled up next to me with a sign LAURA FERETTI I'M GLAD YOU ASKED and gave it to my director she loved it
Then the funny thing a year later I didn't go to National Con and a Directior in our clustor won the shopping spree at a directiors tour they called me at home to tell me .....
So now that i am going again I thing its time I won again Haha only tessing some one else should win good luck to all

Doreen Zaino 252326
[email protected] see you at WAVE 3 Shariton

Hi
well 3 years ago I WON the shopping spree on the tour !!!! It was so exciting I got to pick ( old H.O ) only 1 of everything it came to about $2400.00 in Products I called my husband so if the U.P.S man can before I got home he didn't think I went to chicago Shopping . haha I took a picture with all of the boxes piled up next to me with a sign LAURA FERETTI I'M GLAD YOU ASKED and gave it to my director she loved it
Then the funny thing a year later I didn't go to National Con and a Directior in our clustor won the shopping spree at a directiors tour they called me at home to tell me .....
So now that i am going again I thing its time I won again Haha only tessing some one else should win good luck to all

Doreen Zaino 252326
[email protected] see you at WAVE 3 Shariton

Wow Doreen, that is amazing!!!! If they ever call my name I think I might have heart falure! lol This is my first National Con. and I am so excited already and I know it is just going to get better and better!
Tina

ChefWatson said:
That sounds great iteachurkid. I don't think I will know anyone either and would love to meet up. I'm staying at the Hyatt what hotel are you staying at? By the way my name is Tina what's yours?

Hey Tina! My name is Jennifer. I'm staying at the Sheraton. This is my first conference, so I'm really not sure how it all works, where we meet up, etc. How are we going to find each other? I'm really looking forward to it...just can't wait :)

Hey Jen, just email me at [email protected] and I can give you more info. cell # and all that. Talk to you soon!

If all those boxes arrived, my husband would have a heart attack!

Harrle said:
I have a video clip of the shopping spree from last year that I took with my digital camera, I cannot attach it here but if anyone would like a copy I can try to send it to anyone who requests one and includes their e-mail address.

I would LOVE to see it please...TIA
[email protected]

Ginger:cool:

I think that it would be perfect if a cheffer won on our bus...(wave 2, tour 2)

To those of you who say you never win anything:

A friend of mine and I were talking one day about how she enjoys playing Bingo even though she never wins. I answered that I also never win anything and I thought her response was so wise:
She thinks that because she and I make money very easily, we never win things like Bingo. It's the worlds way of making everything more even. Now I never feel bad about not winning because it's all even.

I was one of those people who never won ANYTHING! When I attended my second National Conference in 2002, you guessed it- I won the shopping spree on my bus! Needless to say, it was one of the most exciting moments of my life. For those of you who have made fun of tv game show contestants who jump up and down and act like idiots, you just never know how you'll react! (Yes, there was jumping and screaming involved!!) The short amount of time that you have to grab the products goes by so quickly. If I had any advice to offer, it would be to make sure that you keep track of all of the products that you win, and record what you give away as incentives, etc., and what you use in your business, for tax purposes. The retail value of your "winnings" will show up on your 1099 form, as additional income, just like the other incentives that we earn, such as trips, free products, etc. I do have a picture of myself with all of the boxes when they arrived, along with big letters that say, "What Can The Pampered Chef Do For YOU?" It's on the cover of my bookings binder. It was great to have all of those products to use in my business and share with others. I still have my button that told everyone that I had won a shopping spree. It reminds me what a great company we have!

Good luck to all of the Home Office Tour participants this year!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Pampered Laura
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • pcchris
  • General Chat
Replies