• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Do We Use the Word Lazy to Describe Ourselves?

In summary, lazy has many different meanings and can be used to describe different people. It is important to think about why the activity is not being done and to find a more appropriate word to describe the situation.
ChefLisa
Hi all!

So many times I read about or hear people use the word lazy to describe themselves. I have never been a big fan of the word, even though I have been known to use it on myself.

I would like to encourage all of you to drop the word from your vocabulary. I truly think that no one is lazy. We do not ignore something because we are lazy. I think there are legitimate reasons why we do not do activities we know we need to do.

Let's take the phone as an example of my thoughts. I am very much a phone person, yet something holds me back from making those goals. Perhaps it is the fear of rejection. A fear is a genuine feeling that cannot be discounted. It is not laziness.

So the next time you find yourself thinking you are lazy, think about what is really holding you back from doing that activity.

I will take this one extra step. If you have a Consultant on your team and she/he uses the word lazy or you start to think she/he is lazy, stop them or stop yourself. Start digging down as to why the activity is not getting done.

Oh, I don't know Lisa. Sometimes I can be downright LAZY! :p

pamperedlinda said:
Oh, I don't know Lisa. Sometimes I can be downright LAZY! :p

No, I do not believe it! Something is just holding you back!;)

pamperedlinda said:
procrastination?

A valid word, but there is still a reason you hold back!

I just think lazy is a mean and yucky word.

Story time about the word lazyWhen my oldest was in Kindergarten she had a tough time staying focused. I do not think her teacher was very good at engaging children in the activities they did.

When I was in a conference with the teacher, she said she thinks my daughter might just be lazy. I totally shut down because I knew if any words came out of my mouth at that time, they were going to be ugly. I thought calling a Kindergarten student lazy was so inappropriate.

At that time, I knew that was a bad word to use.

know what holds me back? The fear of success. It is becoming increasingly difficult to just "be lazy" when I know I can accept failure but not hard at all when success scares the bejeebers out of me! I am a pschyatrists dream patient just waiting to happen!

Related to Why Do We Use the Word Lazy to Describe Ourselves?

1. What is "Never Use the Word Lazy!" about?

"Never Use the Word Lazy!" is a cookbook filled with delicious and easy recipes that can be made using Pampered Chef kitchen tools and products. It also includes tips and tricks for organizing and saving time in the kitchen.

2. Are the recipes in "Never Use the Word Lazy!" healthy?

Yes, our cookbook features a variety of healthy and nutritious recipes that are perfect for busy individuals and families. We also offer modifications and alternatives for specific dietary restrictions.

3. Do I need to own Pampered Chef products to use this cookbook?

While many of the recipes in "Never Use the Word Lazy!" utilize Pampered Chef tools, they can also be made with traditional kitchen equipment. However, we highly recommend using our products for the best results!

4. Can I purchase "Never Use the Word Lazy!" in stores?

No, this cookbook is exclusively sold through Pampered Chef consultants or on our website. By purchasing through a consultant, you can also receive personalized cooking tips and advice.

5. Are there vegetarian or vegan options in "Never Use the Word Lazy!"?

Yes, we have a variety of vegetarian and vegan recipes included in our cookbook. We believe in accommodating different dietary preferences and have options for everyone to enjoy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Leanna
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Deb Bixler
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies