• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Do Pampered Chef Stones Break Easily?

In summary, my dad called me to say that my sister's bar pan broke when he was there. It seems like it might have been a thermal shock thing because they were cooking frozen chicken on it. I checked the web site and found out that her previous stone was shipped on December 11th, so she may have to return a piece. I'm not sure if they'll replace it under warranty, but I'm sure they'll do something.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
My dad, who is watching my sister's kids while she's on vacation, called me tonight to say that my sister's bar pan broke when he was there. (Of course ... I think it's a thermal shock thing b/c they were cooking frozen chicken on it.)

This is the second time she's had her stone replaced since it arrived broken when she got it.

I checked the web site and found out that her previous stone was shipped on Dec. 11. So will they ship her another one without making her send back the broken pieces? Last time they sent her one they told her she could discard the old one.

It's random. She may have to return a piece, she may not.

Thermal Shock, I have seen this a few times. Does this happen when you put Cold Food on a Hot Stone or when you put Cold Food on a Room Temp Stone then put it in the oven???

The reason I ask is my 1st stone (from Kit) was a little warped when I got it and it continually got worse. Called HO they replaced it, then at Xmas my replacement my snapped in my oven in 3 pieces. Called and got my replacement within a week of calling. Also in the year I have been doing this I have probably had 10 complaints about Bar Pans breaking.

Thanks so much!!!!

I remember being told that you shouldn't put frozen food (espcially big stuff like a whole chicken breast or a pie) and then put it in the oven because of thermal shock. My sister has owned stones for several years and knows all the stuff about them ... but my dad was only at my first show when I was so tired that I couldn't think straight because of a family emergency.

I know they'll replace it under warranty, but I'm not sure if they'll want me to send the broken pieces to them. Last time they told her to discard them. I THINK the 90 day thing starts from the time the other stone is shipped.

If you have a large piece of Stoneware, like the bar pan, you must put enough frozen pieces to cover it. Three or four pieces of chicken on a large stone will cause thermal shock because the places on the stone that don't have a frozen food piece will heat up very fast while the rest of the stone with the frozen food heats up much more slowly. Hence thermal shock.
I am sure many consultants are aware of this, but newbies may not know this. I try to mention this fact when talking about our stones at my shows. It's so important to sell the right stone for the job.
Deb

Related to Why Do Pampered Chef Stones Break Easily?

1. Why does my Sister's Bar Pan keep breaking?

The Sister's Bar Pan is made of ceramic, which can be fragile and prone to breaking if not handled properly. It is important to avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing the pan in a hot oven after it has been in the refrigerator, as this can cause it to crack or break.

2. Can I still use the Sister's Bar Pan if it has a small crack?

We do not recommend using the Sister's Bar Pan if it has any cracks or chips, as this can compromise the integrity of the pan and lead to further damage. It is best to replace the pan if it has any visible damage.

3. How do I clean my Sister's Bar Pan?

The Sister's Bar Pan is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing to prolong its lifespan. Use a soft sponge or cloth and mild soap to clean the pan, and avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers.

4. Is the Sister's Bar Pan oven safe?

Yes, the Sister's Bar Pan is oven safe up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. However, it is important to avoid sudden temperature changes to prevent the pan from breaking.

5. Can I use metal utensils with the Sister's Bar Pan?

No, metal utensils can scratch and damage the ceramic surface of the Sister's Bar Pan. We recommend using wooden or silicone utensils to avoid any damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
Replies
Views
rennea
  • Chef Diane
  • Products and Tips
Replies