• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Are Pink Products Struggling to Sell This Year?

In summary, the two women are having similar problems selling pink products. They think that advertising and letting the public know about the campaign well in advance would help, as would focusing on products that are more practical.
pampered1224
Silver Member
I have pushed HWC since I started over 5 years ago. This year I am having a terrible time getting people to purchase the pink products. Most people just don't like them. Is any one else having the same problem? Can anyone suggest what to say to get people more interested?

I am having problems this year too! I have 6 shows booked (compared to my usual 2) and still nothing! What gives?

I did not sell much yet either. I thought people would be excited but seems not.

Last year I did not sale any HWC but have sold some this year. I think people want to help with Whip Cancer but not necessary like pink. Pink just does not go with most people's kitchen. I wish they would just offer special products that they would donate from and not just pink ones.

SurvivorsI think we really need to find those women who are really into giving to this cause, maybe survivors, those who have lost loved ones to this disease and people who are working to run marathons for this cause or something simliar. The pink products don't really interest anyone except some women who love pink, college girls who liked the cute pink Measure all cup, and young girls who love to cook (like my daughter who is 9).
I think we really need to advertise on something like craigslist to find those people interested in helping a good cause by buying the products. I think we also need to let the news out about this campaign well over 2 months in advance. That way we can have enough time to find those people who are interested.

Debbie :D

Craigs List is an excellent idea!

Cassie1037 said:
Craigs List is an excellent idea!
Well, maybe PC could put a banner on Craig's list (but I highly doubt they would) and tell people to contact their local consultant. WE are not allowed to advertise on those sites remember.

Awe...I got all excited about that, before I really thought about it. You are right thou.;)

If you live near a university you may want to try the Phi Mu sorority. Color is pink. My sister is an alum and I asked her to help me, but the problem is most of her friends are out of the pink color, but active may still go for it.

Just a thought.

Last year I couldn't sell anything, but this year is better for me. I also sent out the pre order form and have people selling them. We'll see what happens.

I have been trying for the donation aspect. I sold a lettuce knife to a guy and his 8 year old daughter was kind of laughing at him. He told her, "It's not like anyone's going to see me! And if they do, they'll know I supported a good cause!" My director suggested (and I've been) asking at checkout, "So which Help Whip Cancer product would you like to add?" I've been doing decently, but 2 of my shows have been Relay fundraisers, so I'm sure there are higher percentages of cancer-conscious people...

I'm definitely having a better time this year than last year, since the products are more practical. The Mini-Measure All and the Nylon Knife are big hits!

Mary

Well, I did do a couple of things but...I still can't seem to get the Pink stuff to sell. Most of my customers have the Mini Measure-Alls they want from past years and well, not sure why, but the Nylon Knife isn't selling well either. Most of what I have sold are the Scrapers. Total I am only at 31 items. Such a bummer since last year all told, I was at $750 in donations. Yes, that included the fund raisers I did but this year I still have 3 fundraisers and am only sitting at $125 including the sales of the HWC products. Total Bummer.
I think maybe the poplulous is so saturated again with things to donate to that nothing phases them. I mean, just on the news this morning I heard that mamograms are down by almost 8% from 2005. This means people are not remembering how devistating a disease this is. It's a shame too because the 98% survival rate will drop again. Oh well, I have a few tricks left up my sleave so we'll see. Thanks for the ideas. I am looking at a few to try.

Related to Why Are Pink Products Struggling to Sell This Year?

1. How can I overcome customer aversion to pink products?

To overcome customer aversion to pink products, it's important to first understand the reasons behind their aversion. Some customers may simply not like the color pink, while others may associate it with a specific cause or charity. To address this, offer a variety of colors in your product line and highlight the purpose and impact of supporting the cause associated with the pink products. You can also offer personalization options for customers to choose their preferred color.

2. What are some effective ways to boost pink product sales?

One way to boost pink product sales is to create a sense of urgency. For example, offer limited edition pink products that will only be available for a short time. You can also offer promotions such as a percentage of sales going towards a breast cancer charity or a discount for customers who purchase both a pink product and a regular product. Additionally, make sure to prominently display the pink products and their purpose in your marketing materials and at events.

3. How can I address customer concerns about the quality of pink products?

Some customers may have concerns about the quality of pink products compared to regular products. To address this, highlight the fact that the pink products are made with the same high-quality materials and standards as the rest of your product line. You can also offer a satisfaction guarantee or allow customers to try the product before committing to a purchase.

4. What strategies can I use to target a specific demographic for pink product sales?

To target a specific demographic for pink product sales, it's important to understand your target audience and their interests. For example, if your pink products are associated with breast cancer awareness, you may want to target women over a certain age or those who have a personal connection to the cause. You can also collaborate with influencers or organizations that cater to your target demographic to reach a larger audience.

5. How can I educate customers on the importance of supporting the cause behind the pink products?

Educating customers on the importance of supporting the cause behind the pink products is crucial for boosting sales. This can be done through various channels such as social media, email marketing, and in-person events. Share statistics and personal stories related to the cause to create an emotional connection with customers. You can also partner with the charity or cause to provide more information and resources to interested customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kzuley
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Careyann
  • ilovpc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
purpleluvs3
Replies