• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which MP3 Player is Best for Music and Games?

another thing to consider is where you get your music from. Sites like Napster that charge a monthly fee - once you stop subsubscribing you loose all your music.
chefkristin
Gold Member
I am looking into buying a new MP3 player. Can anyone give me advice on a good one to get? I was looking at the Ipod Shuffle. It doesn't have a display though. Any thoughts??

you can always get an ipod nano or video, which has quite a bit of storage, and use it as an external hard drive to keep a backup of your PP information :) that is what i do (and I use it as my portable drive for many many files other then just music)

My dad researched it for my daughter for christmas (consumer reports, etc.) and we bought her an iriver - it has a really neat screen - I havent really messed with it much, but was impressed with what it could do.

Don't buy anything but an iPod. My DH has been through a few MP3's over the years and he says iPod is by far superior to all others. We have a shuffle, nano and a video iPod. I use the nano and love it because it's small size, has a screen and plenty of space for me (and I keep pics of my kids on it too). DH uses shuffle for working out and mowing lawn and the video iPod for everything else (in his car, at work, etc.). Happy shopping!

I bought my daughter an RCA mp3 player from Sears.com.. it was 149.99 and the quality is amazing considering the price. Plus it comes with those free trials for downloading music. I am amazed that something so tiny can be so cool. Plus the screen is color, and you can do alot of things with it. Video, Pictures (can even play a puzzel game with you photos). IT is worth checking out. Think it is model M5002. I wanted to get something more, but for the price, and the fact that she is only 7 (wasn't for sure she'd want it) it was totally worth it, and we all want one for ourselves now, she absolutely loves it.

I have an video iPod and LOVE it! DH got it for me for Christmas and I am really happy with it. I have a few movies on there and you can download whole season's of shows while they are on. You download all the current episodes and then the new one right after it airs every week. GREY'S ANATOMY anyone??? I also put the Belinda Elsworth CD's on it so I can listen to it whenever! I love having something to "do" while waiting for my OB for HOURS!!!!

It sounds like the majority of people like Ipod. Thanks for all your advice. I think I will check those out. It would be nice to be able to put pictures of my son on it. I will probably go to Best Buy this weekend to check them out. I hope they have some sales going on.

kristin,
i am here in MA too, i just got yesterday a ipod nano for $199 at best buy.

reba515 said:
kristin,
i am here in MA too, i just got yesterday a ipod nano for $199 at best buy.
Where in MA are you?

maynard, about 30 min. west of boston

I bought myself the 5 GB RCA that walmart had on sale the day after thanksgiving and it holds a ton of stuff. It's also small and has a display screen. I only paid $88 for mine though and not full price because of the sale. But I pack it everywhere with me.

My son has the apple ipod. He can watch movies on a plane or a road trip.

Another thing to consider is where you get your music from. Sites like Napster that charge a monthly fee - once you stop subsubscribing you loose all your music.

I-Tunes is the best way to go. 99 cents per song and you own it for life. Also, the file type on I-tunes is different and the quality is supposed to be better. (Another reason to stick with I-Pod).

Itunes is GREAT!! You can buy itunes gift cards for $10,15,25 & up and just put in your GC and your ready to download your music, movies, etc...

Movies on iTunes are $10-$15 each, but you can buy software to transfer your own movies for $30.

A season pass to Grey's is $35 and is what I am getting with my $100 iTunes card I got from Santa!!

WOw! Now I am overwhelmed. I am just getting into all the tech stuff. Its really cool but so much!!!!

Don't worry Kristin- two weeks ago DH and I couldn't even turn my iPod on, but now I am a pro with a great movie/TV/music collection that I can take wherever I go!!

gilliandanielle said:
Don't worry Kristin- two weeks ago DH and I couldn't even turn my iPod on, but now I am a pro with a great movie/TV/music collection that I can take wherever I go!!
LOL!!! That is pretty much where I am at right now Gillian. My husband bought me a couple of things for my laptop and I just looked at it and thought "ok, what do I do with these"-LOL!! I will be looking for you when I do get it! I hope to get it this weekend.

Good luck- hopefully you can find something on sale!!

I am going out tomorrow. I just talked to a friend of mine today and she told me that she just got the IPOD Nano for Christmas. She said she loves it. I might look at that one. I will keep you posted! THanks everyone!!!

I love my iPod. DH and I have second-generation versions from a few years ago. I put all the conference recordings on it so I can listen in the car without having a stack of CDs.

I am such a nerd that I have all of Belinda's CD's on there and the Show & sell CD's. I need to stock up on audios on my next order to build my collection!

I also just downloaded Sudoku on my iPod (games only work on the video one- not the nano) and have been playing for a while!! I had to charge up because I ran down the battery!

Related to Which MP3 Player is Best for Music and Games?

1. What is the best brand of MP3 player to buy?

This is a subjective question as it depends on personal preferences and needs. Some popular brands include Apple, Sony, and SanDisk. It is recommended to research and read reviews to determine which brand and model would best suit your needs.

2. How much storage space do I need for my music?

The amount of storage space you need depends on the size and quality of your music files. Generally, 1 GB of storage can hold approximately 250 songs. If you have a large music library or prefer higher quality audio, you may want to consider a player with more storage space.

3. What is the difference between an MP3 player and an iPod?

An MP3 player is a generic term for any digital audio player that can play MP3 files. An iPod is a specific brand of MP3 player created by Apple. iPods have a sleek design, user-friendly interface, and access to the iTunes store. However, other MP3 players may have different features and be more affordable.

4. Can I listen to audiobooks on an MP3 player?

Yes, many MP3 players have the capability to play audiobooks. However, some may have specific requirements, such as a certain file format or compatible software. It is important to check the specifications of the MP3 player before purchasing.

5. Are there any additional features I should consider when buying an MP3 player?

Some additional features to consider include battery life, compatibility with streaming services, and the ability to play videos or display photos. It is also important to consider the design, size, and price of the MP3 player to ensure it meets your needs and budget.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • pcsharon1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • pampered2007
  • General Chat
Replies