• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director When People Hang Up On Me: Dealing with the Pain of Rejection

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of being hung up on by people and the feelings of hurt and frustration it causes. The speakers share their own experiences and thoughts on the matter, coming to the conclusion that people can be rude and it can be difficult to not take it personally. They also mention different scenarios that could have caused the hang up, such as a low battery or a child answering the phone. It is clear that being hung up on is a common issue and it is important to not let it affect one's emotions too much. The conversation ends with the reminder to not take it personally, but also acknowledging that it can still hurt.
I know I shouldn't take things personally but when people hang up on me it really does hurt my feelings:cry: I just had a host who is supposed to have a show hang up on me, I know some people are really passive aggressive, but REALLY. I was offering to come by and pick up her guest list since she didn't make it here yesterday. BTW she didn't answer the phone, someone just picked up and clicked.
I think I can remember each person who has hung up on me and I get upset when I think about it, if you have caller id and don't want to talk to me why answer your phone? or better yet answer and just tell me no or cancel instead of dragging it out, that doesn't hurt my feelings.I keep telling my self people are more stressed than they used to be and really people are just RUDE these days, but it doesn't really help. Please tell me some of you get hang ups too and it's not just me.:DThanks for letting me get this off my chest.

Some people are so rude, aren't they? I had a host hang up on me too. Obviously she didn't end up holding her show LOL!She answered her phone, said hello, I introduced myself, and then next thing I know, CLICK! The nerve!Don't take it personally....people have no manners.

I agree completely. People can be so awful sometimes.

Nasty! And yes it's rude and unnecessary. I do wish hosts would just be honest upfront rather than be rude or never answer their phone! lol

Just maybe she was somewhere and couldn't pick up? She was trying to silence the phone quickly and just answered and hung up because she was embarrassed that her ringer was on? I know, I'm reaching.

Yes, it could be many things. Child answered the phone, low battery & the phone died when they tried to answer, etc.

DebbieJ - same with your's ... did you call back? What if her battery died at that point (cordless or cell) and she didn't have your number right there to call you back?

Sheila said:
Yes, it could be many things. Child answered the phone, low battery & the phone died when they tried to answer, etc.

DebbieJ - same with your's ... did you call back? What if her battery died at that point (cordless or cell) and she didn't have your number right there to call you back?

Called her right back and then again a few more times. Also emailed her and got no response.

:( That's a little more obvious than a hangup. Sorry you had someone be so rude.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that the show isn't going to happen.

Ugh...I hate rude people! I had a host that stiffed me for payment on a party (long story, I will spare you the details!).Once when I called a man answered, I introduced myself, I heard some giggling in the background then they hung up. After that you could not leave a message, no one would pick up, etc.

As fate would have it, I went to a new medical center and low and behold...guess who was a nurse there!!! (Not my or I would have left a piece of my mind with her!). The most hilarious part was seeing her recognize me as I cheerily greeted her by name asking her how she was doing. She looked like this :bugeye:. She ordered from a party and paid cash, did not fill out her contact information. She was short on cash so I cancelled an item on her order and wrote her a letter to tell her why...having no contact info, I could not ask you so I made the decision for her. She did have change coming back which I did refund her. (was hardly enough to cover what she stiffed me for). I felt it was a good way to make her feel even more like crap...if she has a conscious.

PLEASE do not take this personally. It does hurt our feelings, however. Soon that hurt will turn to anger and disgust on how rude people can be. Guess it makes them feel better if they do not respond.:confused:

1. Why do people hang up on me when I'm trying to sell Pampered Chef products?

There could be many reasons why someone might hang up on you when you're trying to sell them Pampered Chef products. They may not be interested in the products at the moment, they may have had a bad experience with a direct sales company in the past, or they may simply not have the time to listen to your pitch. It's important to remember that rejection is not a reflection of your worth as a person, and it's a normal part of the sales process.

2. How can I cope with the pain of rejection when someone hangs up on me?

Dealing with rejection can be difficult, but it's important to remember that it's not personal. Take a deep breath and remind yourself that it's just a part of the job. You can also try to reframe your thinking and see each rejection as an opportunity to learn and improve your sales skills. Surround yourself with a supportive community of fellow Pampered Chef consultants who can offer encouragement and advice.

3. Is there anything I can do to prevent people from hanging up on me?

While there is no foolproof way to prevent people from hanging up on you, there are some strategies you can try. Make sure you have a clear and concise pitch that highlights the benefits of Pampered Chef products. Also, be respectful of people's time and don't push too hard if they seem uninterested. Finally, try to establish a personal connection with potential customers and show genuine interest in their needs and preferences.

4. How can I turn a negative experience of being hung up on into a positive one?

One way to turn a negative experience into a positive one is to use it as a learning opportunity. Reflect on what went wrong and how you can improve for the future. You can also use the experience to build resilience and develop a thicker skin when it comes to rejection. Remember that every successful salesperson has faced rejection at some point in their career.

5. What can I do to boost my confidence after someone hangs up on me?

One way to boost your confidence after experiencing rejection is to focus on your successes. Think about all the customers you have successfully sold to and the positive feedback you have received. You can also try positive self-talk and reminding yourself of your strengths and abilities. Don't let one negative experience overshadow all the positive ones you've had.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithdot
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
littlemaisyPC
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PamperedK