• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Can I Walk on New Grass in My Backyard?

In summary, it is generally safe to walk on new grass in your backyard once it has reached a height of 3-4 inches, which typically takes about 3-4 weeks after planting. However, it is important to check with your local climate and grass type for more specific guidelines. It is not recommended to walk on new grass right after it has been planted, as this can damage the delicate roots and hinder its growth. To know if your new grass is ready to be walked on, wait until it has reached a height of 3-4 inches or perform a gentle tug test on the grass blades. Walking on new grass can damage it if done too soon or too frequently, so it is important to wait until it has reached
Jennie4PC
ok all you guys I know this is a stupid question but does anyone know when you can walk on grass after it is planted? We planted grass in our backyard and it came in beautiful but we were unsure of when we could walk on it.

you want to wait until you mow it for the first time, so when it gets pretty high, like 4 inches, then only cut a little bit off.

cool thanks so much I really appreciate it

Related to When Can I Walk on New Grass in My Backyard?

1. When is it safe to walk on new grass in my backyard?

It is generally safe to walk on new grass in your backyard once it has reached a height of 3-4 inches. This typically takes about 3-4 weeks after planting. However, it is important to check with your local climate and grass type for more specific guidelines.

2. Can I walk on new grass right after it has been planted?

No, it is not recommended to walk on new grass right after it has been planted. This can damage the delicate roots and hinder the growth of your new lawn. It is best to wait until the grass has grown to a suitable height before walking on it.

3. How do I know if my new grass is ready to be walked on?

A good rule of thumb is to wait until the grass has reached a height of 3-4 inches before walking on it. You can also perform a gentle tug test on the grass blades – if they are firmly rooted in the soil, it is safe to walk on.

4. Will walking on new grass damage it?

If the grass is walked on too soon or too frequently, it can damage the delicate roots and hinder its growth. It is important to wait until the grass has reached a suitable height before walking on it, and to limit foot traffic as much as possible in the first few weeks.

5. Can I let my pets walk on new grass?

Pets can be more damaging to new grass than humans, as their paws can disrupt the soil and damage the new roots. It is best to limit their access to the new grass until it has reached a suitable height and has had time to establish strong roots.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Dayna
  • tlag1986
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
mrsbettyboop0000