• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Stress Management Techniques: Dance, Walk, and Relaxing Baths

In summary, some ways that people deal with stress include dancing, journaling, cleaning, reading, and exercise.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
We all have our own ways that we deal with everyday stress. What are some ways that you deal with stress and how does it help?

I am a dancer, I spent most of my childhood in ballet and taps shoes. So when I really stressed I put a pair of ballet shoes on along with Bach and just dance until I feel completely better. Sometimes I go for a walk even if it is just a short walk gets the blood pumping and often helps to just think about things. Hot baths are a god sin!!!!!

I used to go running when I would get upset. Then another stage of my life I would just lose my temper and snap at anyone that came in my path. Now I (try) to go to the bible and prayer and take my mind OFF of ME and my circumstance and decide to TRUST God. It doesn't always work that way at first. Sometimes I just go vent to a friend that reminds me the "right" thing to do about my stress.

I used to lose my temper and snap as well.. and I found that it just made things worse. Now I have meds that help but I also turn to prayer and quite time and scripture and it helps ease things. Doesn't make things perfect. But I find talking is really good too.....

A good vent helps a lot but it really depends on who you are venting to. Sometimes it can get worse depending on who it is.

that is so true!!!! and I have done that before!! and it's awkward when it happens

Or you get those people that all they do is vent! (no one here in case you are wondering). My dad is a compulsive complainer! I think that should be a different thread though! LOL!

I have a few of those friends that it's always a vent and why their lives are so bad... But I agree that is a differnt thread!!

Stress? I write... I journal a lot when I'm stressed... I also blog when I'm stressed... sometimes it's nice because I get outside comments to help me consider things in a different light. When all else fails though and I feel a panic attack edging on, I'll take a couple sprays of Rescue Remedy and that really helps with the physical aspect and side effects of stress.

Reading really helps calm me down, especially if it's a fun read, nothing technical.

I clean stuff vigerously (read- throw stuff)

Home Office LeadsI have received my first 2 home office leads. Yipee! Both want to purchase product and only provided me their email addresses. Does anyone have a standard email that they send to HO Leads? Thanks in advance!!!

It's really silly but I go to www.icanhascheezburger.com. If you like cats you will find it funny. That site always puts a smile on my face.

friday said:
I clean stuff vigerously (read- throw stuff)

that is what i do when I am really upset too!...but i try to clean now instead of throw stuff...dh knows how upset i am by what i am doing...

ps...when i throw stuff it is non-breakable items and never at a living thing..usually a pillow at a wall

I breathe and think about all the great things in my life. I have a wonderful family. I have to stop and think how lucky and greatful I am for them.

Ah, type on Living Female?
Or at least read what is going on with everyone else on LF.

I agree with Gretchen! This place is a great stress reliever!!!

Exercise is a great stress reliever. Also my friend was telling me if you're stressed and can't get to sleep. Visualize relaxing your body starting with your toes and working upwards-part by part.

Related to Effective Stress Management Techniques: Dance, Walk, and Relaxing Baths

1. How can I manage my stress without medication?

There are many natural ways to deal with stress, such as practicing relaxation techniques like deep breathing or meditation, getting regular exercise, and talking to a therapist or support group. Additionally, incorporating stress-relieving foods and supplements into your diet can also be helpful.

2. What are some effective stress management techniques?

Some effective stress management techniques include journaling, practicing mindfulness and gratitude, setting realistic goals and priorities, and learning to say no to things that cause unnecessary stress. It's important to find what works best for you and to prioritize self-care in your daily routine.

3. How can I reduce stress at work?

To reduce stress at work, it's important to prioritize tasks and manage your time effectively. Take regular breaks and avoid overworking yourself. Communicate openly and effectively with your coworkers and superiors. It may also be helpful to set boundaries and practice stress-relieving techniques during breaks or after work.

4. What are some ways to cope with chronic stress?

Coping with chronic stress can be challenging, but some helpful strategies include seeking professional help, engaging in regular physical activity, practicing relaxation techniques, and finding healthy ways to manage and express your feelings. It's also important to prioritize self-care and make time for activities you enjoy.

5. How can I prevent stress from negatively affecting my relationships?

To prevent stress from affecting your relationships, communication is key. Be open and honest with your loved ones about how you are feeling and what you need. Set boundaries and prioritize quality time together. It may also be helpful to seek couples or family therapy to improve communication and manage stress within the relationship.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Karen
  • KellyTheChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies