• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Do With This Potential Host From the Home Expo?

In summary, the AVON lady wants to have a show, but the recruit hasn't submitted anything since June. The recruit told the potential host that they would be willing to have the host be their consultant, but the host hasn't followed up. It's possible that the host is just busy, but the recruit sounds like they may be worth putting the effort in to.
pamperedtara
Gold Member
I worked a Home expo booth in April & invited my 2 newly recruited (not yet qualified) consultants to help out. There were several other direct sales people there, and many conversations/leads were generated. I am the only one that does a newsletter, so we told everyone to include their e-mail if they want to be on that newsletter mailing list.

One of my recruits came back to the booth & said the AVON lady wants to have a show. I told her to get her to fill out a DP slip and to get a date set. Avon lady didn't want to at that time; new recruit followed up several times with no success. I sent out my newsletter this weekend (to my blind PC NEWSLETTER LIST) & guess who replies "I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A SEPT CATALOG PARTY!" I told her sure & went through the process of what she will need to do.

HERE'S MY DILEMMA: :confused: Do I direct her to my recruit? Do I handle the show? :confused: (New recruit started out with phenomenal sales - $7000 in 90 days - but hasn't submitted anything since June).

I don't want to be the upline that steals a host (referenced on another post), but I want to make sure that this show goes through!

EEK, this is a touch one. Why hasn't recruit submitted anything since June??? This may be the little push she needs to get her going again. I would call her and tell you that you didn't realize it was the AVON lady and ask her if she wants it. Maybe she's just hit a wall and doesn't have anyone wanting to book. She sounds like she's worth putting the effort in to.

So she talked with the person but the person was on your email newsletter list because she doesn't do one?

It's her customer. She contacted her. The potential host very may be thinking that the email came from the person she talked with.

I would give it to her and if she doesn't do anything with it then contact the potential.

I never put my team's contacts on my newsletter list but I do offer that they can send someone to my website. I also tell them that they must tell their contact to let me know who they are working with so I don't keep them accidently.

I'd give it back to your recruit.

I'd probably give the show to your recruit, since she was the one who actually spoke with her.

Give it to your recruit... if she doesn't want it,then you can do it. And it might just be the show she needs to get back into the swing of things!

I guess I am wondering if there is more going on......is there maybe a reason she didn't follow up with your recruit? You might just ask her if she would be willing to have the recruit be her consultant - because it may be that she didn't want to work w/ the recruit for some reason.......

BethCooks4U said:
So she talked with the person but the person was on your email newsletter list because she doesn't do one?

It's her customer. She contacted her. The potential host very may be thinking that the email came from the person she talked with.

I would give it to her and if she doesn't do anything with it then contact the potential.

I never put my team's contacts on my newsletter list but I do offer that they can send someone to my website. I also tell them that they must tell their contact to let me know who they are working with so I don't keep them accidently.

I actually talked to her and gave her all of the information at our booth (I was there all day both days & set up(day before)/tore down by myself; this recruit worked a few hours each day) She stopped my recruit as she was walking through the other booths, and said that she had looked at the info & wanted to have a show. She has been no one's customer, & I gave ALL show leads from that expo to my recruits to try to get their businesses off the ground. Even went with this recruit to set the date for another vendor that wanted to have a show. This particular show turned out to be a $800 show with several bookings. I have asked about this potential host several times, & I always get "I tried to call her, & she won't get back to me." I am not trying to put down this recruit; she is an amazing person, and started out as a great consultant. She has been in DS before and was a manager with that company. I think she has just been VERY busy this summer with her 6 kids. I have had a hard time getting in touch with her. Phone calls go unreturned & e-mail replies are very brief & refer to how busy she is.

Just got the impression from the post that you thought I was trying to be sneaky by holding on to someone else's contact. I am not trying to undermine my team; I want them to succeed! I just don't want this very excited host (she has already e-mailed twice since I posted this thread!!) to get put off. I ran into one of my former customers that is now my recruit's customer (I moved 30 min away & they are in the same church), & she asked me if I had talked to recruit lately. She had asked her to order some things for her and she hadn't heard from her in a while. This was over a month ago & still nothing submitted from recruit. This girl did a $900 catalog show for her & would make an incredible consultant!!

I have tried to call recruit tonight, and I will try again tomorrow. But if I don't hear from her, I am afraid this host won't either!

Maybe that is what you should come out and say very clearly to this recruit. Tell her what you just told us, and tell her you're going to step in if you don't hear back from her. That should get some kind of response. Either she will get back to you or the host and customer. OR she won't get back to anyone, and it will be up to you to follow through with the host and customer.

Tara,
It is so obvious that you care about your team!! I agree with the others, that the show should go to your recruit,....IF she wants it!! That is the underlying question here, after all! Is she going to continue in the business? I think you need to have a serious heart-to-heart with her. I would tell her, in no uncertain terms, how you are wanting her to succeed. Find out her "why" for becoming a Consultant, and see if the passion is still there!!

Then, let her know about this hostess, as well as the lady in her church. Let her know that, while you're her friend, first and foremost, and want to do whatever you can to help her, you really need her to be totally honest with you, because these customers really do need to be serviced, and serviced in a timely manner. Then, if she doesn't want to take care of them, I don't think she should be too upset if you or someone else does!

Best of luck, to both of you!!
Paula

pamperedtara said:
I actually talked to her and gave her all of the information at our booth (I was there all day both days & set up(day before)/tore down by myself; this recruit worked a few hours each day) She stopped my recruit as she was walking through the other booths, and said that she had looked at the info & wanted to have a show. She has been no one's customer, & I gave ALL show leads from that expo to my recruits to try to get their businesses off the ground. Even went with this recruit to set the date for another vendor that wanted to have a show. This particular show turned out to be a $800 show with several bookings. I have asked about this potential host several times, & I always get "I tried to call her, & she won't get back to me." I am not trying to put down this recruit; she is an amazing person, and started out as a great consultant. She has been in DS before and was a manager with that company. I think she has just been VERY busy this summer with her 6 kids. I have had a hard time getting in touch with her. Phone calls go unreturned & e-mail replies are very brief & refer to how busy she is.

Just got the impression from the post that you thought I was trying to be sneaky by holding on to someone else's contact. I am not trying to undermine my team; I want them to succeed! I just don't want this very excited host (she has already e-mailed twice since I posted this thread!!) to get put off. I ran into one of my former customers that is now my recruit's customer (I moved 30 min away & they are in the same church), & she asked me if I had talked to recruit lately. She had asked her to order some things for her and she hadn't heard from her in a while. This was over a month ago & still nothing submitted from recruit. This girl did a $900 catalog show for her & would make an incredible consultant!!

I have tried to call recruit tonight, and I will try again tomorrow. But if I don't hear from her, I am afraid this host won't either!
Not trying to say that at all and sorry if that was your impression of my response. The first post sounded to me like the recruit had done the connecting with the customer at the event and that your only contact was through the newsletter. Now that you have explained the situation more thoroughly it definitely sounds like it IS your lead and you should feel good about keeping it.

We all need to look into our hearts and decide what is the most ethical solution for any situation and what's best for the customer first, then our business (team and self). If we are conflicted there is a reason and we should explore that to determine the best for all.

Beth~ I LOVE your TPC blurb...what a wonderful and positive way to state your TPC goal!

Thanks for everyone's input! When I signed, I asked my recruiter (director) to join, and she was getting out of the business for health reasons. I joined anyway, & the upline director that I went to is 3 states away!! She is AMAZING (SR Director), but I still feel like I have missed out on the model for training new recruits. I have basically floated around on my own calling my director with any snags or questions. Finally got in touch with hospitality director in my area, but one of my kids was sick on Sat so I missed that cluster meeting

I have e-mailed the host & assured her that she will have her info by the end of the week from one of us. I left another message w/recruit that said I had a response from my newsletter & realized it was a lady she had spoken with. "I know you are busy, but this host is very excited & if I don't hear from you by Wed. I am going to go ahead & mail her info to her."

Last edited:
erinyourpclady said:
Beth~ I LOVE your TPC blurb...what a wonderful and positive way to state your TPC goal!
Thanks! :p

1. How can I make the most of my host's party?

One great way to make the most of your host's party is to encourage them to invite as many guests as possible. The more people attending, the more potential sales and bookings you can get. You can also offer special incentives or rewards for guests who bring a friend.

2. What should I do if my host is not getting many RSVPs?

If your host is struggling to get RSVPs, encourage them to reach out to their guests personally. A personal invitation is often more effective than a generic invite. You can also offer to help them brainstorm ideas for getting more guests, such as creating a fun theme for the party or offering a sneak peek at new products.

3. What if my host is hesitant to book their own party?

If your host is hesitant to book their own party, remind them of the benefits they will receive, such as free products and discounts. You can also offer to help them plan and host the party, taking some of the pressure off of them. Additionally, you can offer to do a virtual or online party if they are uncomfortable with hosting in person.

4. How can I keep my host engaged and excited about their party?

One way to keep your host engaged and excited about their party is to involve them in the planning process. Ask for their input on the guest list, menu, and party theme. You can also provide them with updates on the party's progress and remind them of the rewards they will receive for hosting a successful party.

5. What should I do if my host cancels their party?

If your host cancels their party, it's important to be understanding and offer support. Ask if there is a specific reason for the cancellation and see if there is anything you can do to help. You can also suggest alternative options, such as rescheduling for a later date or hosting a smaller, more intimate gathering with a few close friends.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
EmilyStraw
  • Dina Atnip
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Chef Kearns