• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What should I bring to support a new consultant's first show?

In summary, Anne is going to her new consultant's first show. After signing 3 people who just couldn't get bookings at their first shows, Anne decided that she should go to the first one to help them out with bookings and recruit leads. If you bring a lot of products to a show, BobbyAwesome says it's a turn off to possible new recruits. BobbyAwesome also suggests balloons or flowers for the new consultant and a small flower bouquet for the host.
AJPratt
Silver Member
Hi... Tomorrow I am going to my new consultant's first show. After signing 3 people who just couldn't get bookings at their first shows, I decided that I should go to the first one to help them out with bookings and recruit leads.

So, for those of you who do it, is there anything I should bring with me to support this consultant? What do you think?

I think that just being there would be a help. I went to my consultants first show and just helped answer questions. If you bring a lot of products to a show I've been told that it's a turn off to possible new recruits that think that they would have to buy all of those things to start a business.

Bobby

Awesome Anne! Hope it goes well for both of you!
I agree that just being there will help a lot. I listened to some CD, not sure which one, but the gal said she goes to her consultants' first show to do the intro & closing, & let the new gal to everything else. Ya know, talk about specials & warranties & such, let them know she needs some cooking/catalog bookings to start her biz, then let her do the demo, then help with ordering.

Thanks... I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything, if there were any materials I should bring. I wasn't going to bring products... phew!

Make your new consultant feel special!Hi, Anne!

I'd also bring balloons or flowers for the new consultant. Just something small to make her feel really special, and also to show the guests with visual impact that this is not just some ordinary show - it's her FIRST show for her new business, and it's a reason to celebrate. I do feel that the visual pop of balloons helps with the bookings.

You could also bring a small flower bouquet for the host (because it's her first host). At my very first show, my director brought me a balloon boquet and flowers for my first host. That was really nice and made both of us feel special. I really try to create the same feeling for my consultants when possible.

I try to go to my new consultants' first shows whenever I can. It definitely helps their business along at first.

=) Jen

Jen Lee
NEW DIRECTOR!
Hammonton, NJ
[email protected]

Last edited:
Hey, Jenn! Long time, no see!!! I went to the show and she did a great job. I brought her a couple of products that I knew she really wanted. I was really proud of her.

And, CONGRATS on being a new director!!! Way to go!

AJ,

I am not being nosey but I noticed that your best show is $80,000. WOW...that is amazing. What kind of a show was that? I would love some advice on where to find a show like that!!!!!

Thanks

OMG... I'm sorry, Erin! It was just a joke!

Okay....I thought it might have been a typo...but then I thought good for her.....that would be a great commission!!!!!

Well...I'm still going to dream of a party like that!!!!

jenm42 said:
Hi, Anne!

I'd also bring balloons or flowers for the new consultant. Just something small to make her feel really special, and also to show the guests with visual impact that this is not just some ordinary show - it's her FIRST show for her new business, and it's a reason to celebrate. I do feel that the visual pop of balloons helps with the bookings.

You could also bring a small flower bouquet for the host (because it's her first host). At my very first show, my director brought me a balloon boquet and flowers for my first host. That was really nice and made both of us feel special. I really try to create the same feeling for my consultants when possible.

I try to go to my new consultants' first shows whenever I can. It definitely helps their business along at first.

=) Jen

Jen Lee
NEW DIRECTOR!
Hammonton, NJ
[email protected]

Wow! This is a great idea! I am definitely going to start doing this. Now to just get some recruits!!:D

AJPratt said:
OMG... I'm sorry, Erin! It was just a joke!
Gee, and they call me a smart . . . um, bottom. :rolleyes:BTW, congrats on the new recruit, Anne.

UpdateShe qualified on 7/18! I am so happy for her!

1. How do I prepare for my first show as a new consultant?

As a new consultant, it is important to familiarize yourself with the products and their uses. Make sure you have all the necessary supplies, such as order forms, catalogs, and product samples. Practice your demonstration and be prepared to answer questions from guests.

2. How many guests should I invite to my first show?

The number of guests you invite will depend on the size of your home and the amount of space you have to comfortably accommodate everyone. It is recommended to invite 20-30 guests to ensure a good turnout and potential for sales.

3. What should I include in my product demonstration?

Your product demonstration should showcase a variety of products and their uses. You can also incorporate some cooking or baking tips and tricks to engage your guests. It is important to highlight the features and benefits of each product to encourage sales.

4. How can I make my first show a success?

To make your first show a success, it is important to have a positive attitude and be enthusiastic about the products. Engage with your guests and make them feel welcome. Offer special deals or discounts to incentivize purchases. And most importantly, have fun!

5. What should I do after my first show as a new consultant?

After your first show, be sure to follow up with your guests to thank them for attending and to see if they have any further questions or are interested in making a purchase. You can also use this opportunity to book future shows with them and continue to grow your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Dina Atnip
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Lindsay