• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What % of Pampered Chef Products Are Made in the US? Ask Here!

In summary, the conversation discusses the percentage of PC products that are made in the US, with some participants questioning the importance of this and others pointing out the difficulty in determining a product's country of origin in today's global economy. The Pampered Chef has stated that they do not have this information readily available and some participants have provided a list of PC products that are made in the US. Overall, it is estimated that about 32% of PC products are made in the US, including items such as glassware, Chillzanne, silicone, and stones. However, there is still debate over whether the country of origin should be a major factor in purchasing decisions and the conversation highlights the complexity of determining a product's true origin.
elizabethfox
Gold Member
Does anyone know what % of PC products sold are made in the US?? I have a customer who wants to know.

That's a good question...

I would call HO on that one.

I would think it's not very high after reading her books.

Well I emailed HO and haven't gotten an answer. I will let you all know when I do!

HO just emailed me back....
Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. Unfortunately we do not
have that information available. The specific product's country of origin
does appear on our website.

So in other words...they have no clue. NICE

This is something that is very hard to determine in today's global economy. Parts of products can be made here, then assembled in another country, and vice versa. It's almost impossible to have items that are 100% "Made in the USA" unless they are homemade, like applesauce. And, even then, the product used to cook or press the apples in the process may have been produced in a foreign country.

I always questioned why people thought it was so important that things were "made in the USA". Sure, I'm as patriotic as the next American, but we are all PEOPLE on EARTH, right? There are poor people in every country, just trying to make enough to get by to support their families, right? Why are American's more entitled to that than anyone else?

Not to mention that just because something's stamped with Made in the USA doesn't mean it's not free of bad corporate ethics or using fairly paid labor. In fact there are certain US territories where things can be made and then stamped with the Made in the USA stamp... The label used to mean something... quality, workmanship, a living wage... but now it's just a marketing ploy like everything else, so it seems. I do appreciate products that really lay it out though that tell where the raw materials came from, where it was assembled and then finally distributed by. But those are far and few between. Last time I saw such a labeling was on Ki-nex...

lkprescott said:
Not to mention that just because something's stamped with Made in the USA doesn't mean it's not free of bad corporate ethics or using fairly paid labor. In fact there are certain US territories where things can be made and then stamped with the Made in the USA stamp...

Thank you Lisa for pointing this out.

Most of our products are made in China or Taiwan. I have a list actually b/c I had a host interested. Yes, we are all people, but when there's recall after recall b/c other countries don't mind changing paints for cheaper versions or whatever, it does make you think about what you are buying. Yes, everyone needs pay and work. Too bad that the workers aren't the ones making the money. I like seeing things made in the USA b/c it's such a shock anymore! I LOVE seeing all of the old PC items that were made here. Funny how the new versions aren't. As for PC made in US, glasswear, Chillzanne, Silicone, stones are all made here. Those are some important collections. Do I think the products made in China or bad. NO...I love my cookware and forged cutlery.

Thanks everyone....I wasn't too concerned about it, but one of my customers was. And I don't have time to go through the PC website and check for the specific products country of origin on everything in the catalog!

about 32% of our products are made in the US. Of course, that includes all seasonings & stones so that helps a lot.

What percentage of Pampered Chef products are made in the US?

Pampered Chef strives to support local businesses and domestic manufacturers, so approximately 80% of our products are made in the US.

Does this mean that 20% of Pampered Chef products are made overseas?

Yes, about 20% of our products are made overseas. However, we work closely with our global suppliers to ensure that all products meet our high quality standards.

How can I tell if a product is made in the US?

All of our products have a label indicating where they were made. You can also check the product description on our website or ask your Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

Why does Pampered Chef have products made overseas?

While we strive to support local businesses, some products simply cannot be made domestically. We work closely with our global suppliers to ensure that all products meet our high quality standards and are ethically sourced.

Can I request a product be made in the US?

Unfortunately, we are not able to take specific requests for products to be made in the US. However, we are constantly reviewing our supply chain and working to increase the percentage of products made domestically.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BarbFlan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
  • DuchDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • byrd1956