• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is Your Response When Someone Says "No"?

In summary, when asking for a booking or recruiter, it is important to have a tactful response ready.
AJPratt
Silver Member
We all know that we have to ask to get booking or recruits... what tactful response do you say after you get a "No" to avoid an awkward situation?

It depends. Most of the time, I say: "well, what about a catalog show?" and if they ask about it, I go on from there. If they still say no, I tell them if they change their mind I would love to do a show for them. I'm always upbeat about it. It hasn't been awkward yet. I've only been doing this for six months, though.

mary

Lately, I have been asking for referrals. No? Would you be interested in passing a book around your friends and family to get that cookware half off? No? Well that's just fine. Tell me, do you know anyone who might be interested? Would you mind giving me their info? I would love to give you $10 off at their show when they have it! Or something along those lines...

Kim,

I do the same thing. I've never had anyone say no to referrals! They may not have a name for me at the time but they alwasy say they'll pass my name on so it still leaves on a positive note.

Michele

I heard a great idea at conference. Someone said when people say no about recruiting she says, 'that's okay, I always need great host & customers!' Or if they say no to hosting, just say I appreciate great customers! I thought that was a good idea, to still keep their business;)

Recently I asked if they were interested in hosting and when they say no, I said is that a no not now or no not ever? I didnt feel comfy saying that but it did come out (to a few, not all) and then I gave everyone a slip of paper that said I really love referrals, so if you refer anyone to me, you'l get 10% off of your next order. They all said, oh wow, thanks.

I took the reponding to objections recorded teleclass and it went beyond that and asked why the person said no. I recommend that class. It was hard to hear the recorded version, but I still got a lot out of it!

Thanks for the great ideas!

Gillian: You are right. Its a great class! I'm trying to get a list of ideas together for some of my new recruits. I'm hoping once they know they'll hear no and have a response ready or have an idea what to say when they get a firm "no" they may feel more comfortable asking.

Tina: I struggle with that as well.

Anne, if you get enough responses, and put something together, I'd love to hear what else you have for No responses.

Although I'm more confident since Conference, I still am struggling w/ recruiting. Those that are interested never want to meet to discuss it. lol

I love these ideas!!!!! thanks again

Me Too!
TinasKitchen said:
Recently I asked if they were interested in hosting and when they say no, I said is that a no not now or no not ever? I didnt feel comfy saying that but it did come out (to a few, not all) and then I gave everyone a slip of paper that said I really love referrals, so if you refer anyone to me, you'l get 10% off of your next order. They all said, oh wow, thanks.

Also, remember your 100 No's! You are one closer to a YES!:D
Great new ideas for me to try too. Thanks.

Good Luck AJ!

TinasKitchen said:

Tina, do you have a certain flyer/paper that says 10% off for a referral? If so, do you have a copy of it or is it posted on here? That's a great idea for those "no" people to end on a positive note!

Christy I have one and I'll have to figure out how to post it! If not I'll make it up again and post it.

Thanks Tina!

Thanks for all of the great suggestions!

These are great ideas Thank you !!!

I knew the Cheffers would come thru!

A great idea I got from our H.O. Rep. (I can't remember her name - she came to our city for a meeting last fall). She said don't ask a "Yes/No" question. Instead of saying, "Would you like to have your own show?" Say, "I'd love to do a show for you and your friends." This will get them to say, "That would be great." or "Oh, my house is too small." It gets you right to the objection. Most people want to have a show, they just usually have something that scares them. Like a house that's too small, afraid friends won't come, etc. Now you can say, "Oh, I've done a lot of shows in small homes/apartments." They have been very successful. We just gathered everyone in the living room. I have a small table I can bring, etc. I thought this was some of the best advice I have received. I'm still not the best of responding to those objections, but I'm working on it. She suggested we make up index cards and write objections on them w/ideas of what we can say on the back side. She said to practice them so they become natural. I'm still trying to do that in my spare time (LOL). Good luck on the fall selling season to everyone! Let's hope these gas prices don't make everyone afraid to spend some money!!

Related to What Is Your Response When Someone Says "No"?

1. What is the best way to handle a "no" when presenting a product?

The best way to handle a "no" when presenting a product is to be prepared for it and have a response ready. One approach is to ask the person why they are saying no and if there are any specific concerns or objections they have. This will give you an opportunity to address their concerns and possibly change their mind. It's also important to remain positive and respectful, even if the person is not interested in the product. Thank them for their time and offer to follow up with them in the future.

2. How do you overcome objections when someone says "no"?

To overcome objections when someone says "no," it's important to listen to their concerns and address them directly. Try to understand their perspective and provide them with more information or a different perspective that may change their mind. You can also offer to let them try the product or provide them with testimonials from satisfied customers. Ultimately, the key is to be persistent but also respectful of their decision.

3. Should I keep pushing if someone says "no" multiple times?

No, it's important to respect someone's decision if they have said "no" multiple times. Continuing to push may be perceived as pushy and could damage the relationship. Instead, thank them for their time and let them know that you are always available to answer any questions or provide more information if they change their mind in the future.

4. What if someone is not interested in the product at all?

If someone is not interested in the product at all, it's important to accept their decision and move on. However, you can still use this as an opportunity to gather feedback and understand why they are not interested. This can help you improve your presentation or product in the future. You can also ask if they know anyone who may be interested in the product and offer to follow up with them.

5. Is there anything I should avoid saying when someone says "no"?

Avoid pressuring or guilting someone into saying yes when they have already said no. This can make the person feel uncomfortable and may damage the relationship. It's also important to avoid making negative comments about the product or the person's decision. Instead, remain positive and respectful, and thank them for their time and consideration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • Becca_in_MD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Pamperedva