• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What do you give customers when they place an order at a show?

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of outside order forms and the distribution of receipts to customers. Some use the OOF at shows and give customers the second page for legal information and contact information. Others prefer to use their own order forms and don't give anything to guests at the show, instead mailing receipts when the show is closed. There is also a discussion about using the new 3-ply order forms with blank shipping lines, causing confusion for customers. Some also mention the importance of providing a legal receipt to customers for the 3-day cooling off period. However, others have not had any issues with not giving receipts at the time of the show. Some also mention making MAC calls as an opportunity for customers to make changes to
pampchefstacey
Does anyone have the second page of the OOF in a Word document? I always like to give that to the customer so they have the legal information and my contact information. I would like it in a Word document so I can add my contact information instead of using labels.

For those of you that use the OOF at your shows what do you give each customer when they place an order?

Thanks!

You can go on CC and click on the host special button. You can select the legal info on the second page of the pre-printed outside order form.

I use my own outside order form and don't give the guest anything at the time of the show. I mail the host receipts when we close the show. No one seems to care that they don't get anything at the time.....

beepampered said:
I use my own outside order form and don't give the guest anything at the time of the show. I mail the host receipts when we close the show. No one seems to care that they don't get anything at the time.....
I used my own outside order forms for my last show and I handed them back so they could write their checks after I entered them on the computer. I actually had people say "I don't need this" as they gave them back to me. Now I had already told them that they would be getting the official receipt with their products.

PS: I DO NOT like the new 3 ply order forms with the shipping line left blank. It brings up the fact that there's shipping to the host's home. I KNOW most companies do that but people just don't get it. I make it sound like a deal by telling them that they can have it shipped to their own home for just "$---" or if they would rather they can get a flat $4 shipping by having it go to the host. If they ask why there is shipping if it comes to the host I tell them that actually the combined guest shipping charge barely covers the cost to deliver to the host in many cases. I tell them that when I have mailed packages, the minimum I have paid for shipping at the PO is $4.05 and that is for one item and they can purchase everything in the book for that shipping cost. Usually get nods and a laugh but some STILL don't get it.

That all wastes time I could be talking about a product!!

I have been using the outside order forms for a few years now . I show them the total the write the total on the back of a business card for there recordes aand tell thm they will get the real order form with the products .I have had good luck with these cause they can make a mess on it and then get a nice neat one to hold on too . No one has ever had a problem with them so far .
I also hate the 3 ply ones I only use the for a fair .

I thought we were required by law to give customers a "legal" receipt with return information the night of the show, because legally they have a 3 day cooling off period, in which to change their mind.

I also give the "official" reciept to my host for them to hand out. I have started using the outside order forms at show. Even if I use the 3-ply ones I still print out a reciept for them b/c it is just easier for me to print them all out with the show.

I have never had anyone change their mind or cancel an order. All the guest know if they need to make changes they need to contact me or the host before we close and submit the show.

If you are making your MAC calls, they have that as an opportunity to change their order. Also, they have the first 30 days to change their mind too. I don't use the 2nd page (I too use the OOF). No one ever looks at it anyway. I hope that they change the s/h back. It's fine to have options listed on the form, but 99% of people filling out a form (not online) is choosing to have it delivered to the host. Email HO and tell them that!! Maybe they'll change it for the fall.

beepampered said:

FYI.....I recently came across a customer whose guests didn't get any kind of receipt at her bridal shower. Now they left "productless". Apparently the consultant took their money (B/W $500-600) and spent it. They have gotten HO involved, but it is pretty much their word against the consultants right now. (Sorry, I haven't heard an update. I need to find that out.)

Moral of the story.......It's best to give the customers a receipt, for their protection and yours. I use the write-in forms. (My only complaint being that the S&H is not pre-filled and that has bit me a few times!). I'm not saying any of us are dishonest, but you never know when something will happen.

Related to What do you give customers when they place an order at a show?

What is an outside order form?

An outside order form at a Pampered Chef show is a way for guests who are unable to attend the show to still place an order. The host can distribute the form to friends, family, and coworkers who are interested in purchasing products.

How do I place an outside order?

To place an outside order, simply fill out the form with the desired products and quantities. You can then give the form and payment to the host, who will submit the order on your behalf.

Can I use a credit card to pay for an outside order?

Yes, you can use a credit card to pay for an outside order. Simply include your credit card information on the form or give it to the host separately.

When will I receive my outside order?

Your outside order will be processed and shipped along with the host's show order. This typically takes 1-2 weeks after the show date.

Can I earn host rewards on an outside order?

No, outside orders do not count towards the host's rewards. Only orders placed directly at the show will count towards the host's rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kylev
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ejleinenbach
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
lmc1821
Replies