• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do Cheffers Want from Their Directors? Let's Discuss!

In summary, the conversation discusses the frequency and preferred method of communication between team members and their director. The opinions and experiences of the participants vary, with some preferring regular contact while others prefer more independence. The approach of asking team members at the beginning of the year and adjusting as needed is suggested. The importance and effectiveness of recognition is also debated, with some feeling that it can be demotivating if not everyone is achieving. Overall, finding a delicate balance between coaching for individual needs and achieving goals is emphasized.
amy07
How often do you like/expect to hear from your Director?
Do you prefer email, postcards, phone calls?
Or do you just want your Director to leave you alone to do your own thing?

I'm going to be asking my team this, but I thought I would check with the cheffers to get your opinions/thoughts.

My director always starts the year by asking us what kind of coaching/contact we would like. So we let her know if we want weekly, monthly, or if cluster meetings are enough. We also let her know if we would prefer face-to-face, phone, or email coaching.

You know me and my director though - it's not a problem for us!:p I talk to her a couple times a week usually - always have. But that's because we're good friends now too.

ChefBeckyD said:
My director always starts the year by asking us what kind of coaching/contact we would like. So we let her know if we want weekly, monthly, or if cluster meetings are enough. We also let her know if we would prefer face-to-face, phone, or email coaching.

You know me and my director though - it's not a problem for us!:p I talk to her a couple times a week usually - always have. But that's because we're good friends now too.

that is kind of the approach I want to take as well.

I ask when they first sign, but things change.
Also, I really want to set some expectations that I WILL be contacting them as part as my job.

I would love to have more contact with my director. She does a combined monthly cluster meeting with her sister director(s), and that is usually the only time I hear from her. However, lately, she has been sending out e-mails requesting our show dates (she has gone into relinquishment once or twice in the last few months). At first she wanted the dates, she said she would call us before our show to encourage us, etc., but that never happened.

Anyhow, besides the monthly meeting, it would be nice if I got at least one phone call during the month, and some e-mails in between (or a newsletter) .

It depends on so many things. There are certain times I need more hand-holding and certain times I don't need any contact. It's really an individual thing and you have to ask your team.

My director is awesome, the 1st 90 days she called me every Monday at 2:30 and we would talk for 30 minutes. Since I see her monthly at our cluster meetings, I e-mail or call her if I have a question. She does send me nice cards to motivate me and our cluster as well. iF we need her she is always there for us.

In the beginnning, I needed and appreciated both proactive (she initiated) and reactive (I initiated) coaching. Like Debbie said, it's a delicate balance and really depends on the person, stage they are in, time of the month....LOL

One guiding principle I will apply to my team is to coach for their needs, not my own goals. My director has not always adhered to that principle and it really demotivated me.

susanr613 said:
In the beginnning, I needed and appreciated both proactive (she initiated) and reactive (I initiated) coaching. Like Debbie said, it's a delicate balance and really depends on the person, stage they are in, time of the month....LOL

One guiding principle I will apply to my team is to coach for their needs, not my own goals. My director has not always adhered to that principle and it really demotivated me.

You're right, it is a delicate balance. And that's what I'm still trying to figure out. I find that I am very good at sending the postcard or email recognizing an accomplishment, but not all seem to like it: almost like big brother watching over. Obviously it is a personal preference and that's why I'll be asking them all.

Do any of you ever just get tired of being recognized? What I mean, is if you are the only one (or 1 of 2) who achieves the recognition at your monthly meeting do you feel like "big surprise" or "so what". I feel like recognition serves to 2 purposes:
1. congratulate the achiever
2. Motivate others.

However if nobody else is really "working it", does it mean as much to get the reward? Just thinking out loud.

amy07 said:
You're right, it is a delicate balance. And that's what I'm still trying to figure out. I find that I am very good at sending the postcard or email recognizing an accomplishment, but not all seem to like it: almost like big brother watching over. Obviously it is a personal preference and that's why I'll be asking them all.

Do any of you ever just get tired of being recognized? What I mean, is if you are the only one (or 1 of 2) who achieves the recognition at your monthly meeting do you feel like "big surprise" or "so what". I feel like recognition serves to 2 purposes:
1. congratulate the achiever
2. Motivate others.

However if nobody else is really "working it", does it mean as much to get the reward? Just thinking out loud.

Amy until I promoted I felt like I was always getting recognized and overshadowing everyone else's achievements. I am a career PC person and many on my director's team are part timers or hobbyists. They deserve recognition, too!

Now that I am a director.... well, that's another story.

amy07 said:
How often do you like/expect to hear from your Director?
Do you prefer email, postcards, phone calls?
Or do you just want your Director to leave you alone to do your own thing?

I'm going to be asking my team this, but I thought I would check with the cheffers to get your opinions/thoughts.

I NEVER hear from my director, the last time she called was about a week after I started with PC three years ago:eek:

I wonder if she will think of me when she receives her next commission statement!!

Me and my director talk 3 or 4 times a week and we email alot durning the week and since I live an hour away I don't make the monthly meetings so we keep in touch more probably cause of that reason.

DebbieJ said:
Amy until I promoted I felt like I was always getting recognized and overshadowing everyone else's achievements. I am a career PC person and many on my director's team are part timers or hobbyists. They deserve recognition, too!

Now that I am a director.... well, that's another story.

ok, but do you think that the recognition helped to motivate you and in turn helped build your business? And if so, what was the most beneficial?

I have two sides to this story. The director I signed up under didn't do weekly calls unless you were in your first 90 days and even then it was a conference call with all new recruits in her downline. She sent us postcards once in a while and of course we saw her at monthly cluster meetings. We emailed back and forth more than anything (I'm the type of person who will email when something exciting happens).Now, my original director is no longer in the business and I moved up to my upline director. I LOVE HER! Okay, not in that way. We do weekly phone calls every Friday, I even call her sometimes when it's not Friday to toss things off her. She also sends out weekly newsletters and a monthly paper newsletter which she marks by hand all your achievements that are on there. Now, I don't get to see her that often as I go to hospitality in my area (she's an hour away) but I feel a lot closer to her than my old director.I think it's a person-by-person basis. I like the Consultant Goal Worksheet. I helps to answer some of these questions and know what each consultant in your team needs and wants and what type of consultant they are.

I am new and have always been a very independent worker. I have a full time job and cannot devote incredible amounts of time to PC. I love it, but did not join to become a super seller. My director wants to talk all the time and quite frankly, I find it annoying and demotivating. Although this is new to me, I am not an idiot and find the online training to be my best source of information. I would like to be able to tell her this without hurting her feelings, but really, I do much better if left alone. Believe me I will figure it out.

susanr613 said:
In the beginnning, I needed and appreciated both proactive (she initiated) and reactive (I initiated) coaching. Like Debbie said, it's a delicate balance and really depends on the person, stage they are in, time of the month....LOL.
LOL!

susanr613 said:

I LOVE the way you said this. I think ANYTIME you put someone else's needs before your own you reap the benefits 10 fold. I am writing your words in my "When I promote to Director in 2009, I will remember..." book.

Thank you, Susan.

DebbieJ said:
Amy until I promoted I felt like I was always getting recognized and overshadowing everyone else's achievements. I am a career PC person and many on my director's team are part timers or hobbyists. They deserve recognition, too!.

Also, great to add to my book. Thank you, Debbie.

Ok - I'll actually finish the post before posting again

1. What qualities do successful Pampered Chef directors possess?

Successful Pampered Chef directors possess strong leadership skills, excellent communication, and organization abilities, a passion for cooking and kitchen products, and a drive to help others succeed in their business.

2. How can directors support their team of consultants?

Directors can support their team of consultants by providing ongoing training and resources, staying connected and available to answer questions, offering encouragement and motivation, and creating a positive and inclusive team culture.

3. How do directors help consultants achieve their goals?

Directors help consultants achieve their goals by setting clear expectations, providing guidance and support, and helping them develop a personalized plan for success. They also offer recognition and incentives to keep consultants motivated and on track.

4. What role do directors play in the success of Pampered Chef parties?

Directors play a crucial role in the success of Pampered Chef parties by providing the necessary tools and resources for consultants to host successful parties, offering tips and advice for maximizing sales, and helping consultants build a strong customer base.

5. How can directors help consultants grow their business?

Directors can help consultants grow their business by providing training on sales techniques, marketing strategies, and product knowledge. They can also offer guidance on expanding their customer base and increasing party bookings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • otisbg
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
otisbg
  • Bren706