• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Best Games to Play at a Baby Shower?

In summary, the conversation was about ideas for games to play at a baby shower. Some suggestions included a memory game using pregnancy terms and candies as prizes, a baby animal game, and a game where guests have to guess the prices of baby items. There were also suggestions for games involving guessing the contents of mushy candy-filled diapers and a game where guests have to match candy bars to different stages of pregnancy. The conversation also included the exchange of contact information for a list of game ideas.
letscook04
Gold Member
Help!!! I need ideas for games to play at a baby shower!

letscook04 said:
Help!!! I need ideas for games to play at a baby shower!

Anyone??? Please!!!!!!!:D

PC games or just games in general??

I don't know about game but here is a flyer for baby stuff

~

Attachments

• CHEF SUCCESS - Baby Stuff 001.doc
    96 KB · Views: 410
I planned my SIL's baby shower in May, and we play a game similar to Memory. We had pregnancy terms printed on index cards and went around the room giving people a turn to make pairs. When they got a pair they were rewarded with a candy that related to the term.For instance- a person takes their turn and finds the two cards labled 'sex'. She then gets a Skor bar as a prize. I have the whole list of cards and candy if you are interested...

Well, it is for my niece's shower and I am in charge of the games (not PC) but I figured that I could give out PC stuff to the winners!:D

I went to a bridal shower a few years back and they had the close pin game and bingo. My mind is shot and can't think!:confused:

I have a shower soon too. Baby animal game. Have the mom & dad names and they fill in baby name. Ex. Doe, Buck, fawn.Also, the Price is Right. Buy 10 or so cheaper baby items to give to the new mom. Guests have to guess closest without going over. Your choice how to judge. Whoever gets the most exact or closest or within 20 cents or whatever.Know the Mom game. Different questions you ask her beforehand. Baby or not related. Names, girl/boy, theme of room, etc. Most right wins.I love the matching game. Candy bar to a part of pregnancy/labor. Conception-Skor. Lifesaver-epidural. I like this one mostly because my Grandma matched Conception with Rocky Road and we were laughing SO hard. She stood by her answer! She's the fun one!!You can do a search online too. I'm giving some PC prizes maybe, but not mostly. I AM having all of my (well not ALL) SA pieces out though including the pink stuff since it IS a girl (just born Thursday am). Should be beautiful. Good luck!!

There is one that is sorta like a bingo game - nothing fancy. You can make a grid like bingo or the guests can make a list. Have them think of baby things before the mommy-to-be starts to open presents. One different thing per square. Then as she opens presents, if the the thing she opens is on their list or in the square, they check it off. First one to get them all, or whoever gets the most wins.

Theres always the one where you have three jars of baby food - labels torn off- and they have to guess what they are tasting and write them down.

Have fun!

This only works if you have a really fun group that isn't easily grossed out...

Pick 4 to 6 different kinds of chocolate candies (reece cups, rolos, kisses, etc.) and SOFTEN - not melt, just soften - the candies until they are mushy. Put the candy in a baby diaper and squish a bit. Label the diapers with numbers (so you remember which one is which) and have the guests try to guess what candy is in each diaper.

katie0128 said:
This only works if you have a really fun group that isn't easily grossed out...

Pick 4 to 6 different kinds of chocolate candies (reece cups, rolos, kisses, etc.) and SOFTEN - not melt, just soften - the candies until they are mushy. Put the candy in a baby diaper and squish a bit. Label the diapers with numbers (so you remember which one is which) and have the guests try to guess what candy is in each diaper.

Nasty!! LOL

gilliandanielle said:
I planned my SIL's baby shower in May, and we play a game similar to Memory. We had pregnancy terms printed on index cards and went around the room giving people a turn to make pairs. When they got a pair they were rewarded with a candy that related to the term.

For instance- a person takes their turn and finds the two cards labled 'sex'. She then gets a Skor bar as a prize. I have the whole list of cards and candy if you are interested...

Yes, can you email it to me at: [email protected]. Thanks Gillian!

I e-mailed it to you Colleen, and if anyone else is intested here is what we did at my SIL's shower:Breastfeeding- Milky Way
Doctor's Bill- 100 Grand
Contraction- Whoppers
Epidural- Lifesavers
Baby girl- Baby Ruth
Baby Boy- Oh Henry
Preemie- Runts
Sex- Skor
Umbilical Cord- licorice rope
Bottles- Baby Bottle Pop
Pregnant figure- Mounds
Twins- TwixI know there is a lot more possibilities but we wanted to limit the game so it didn't take forever.

Got it!! Thanks!

This is the same idea as the game I mentioned. Instead, I have a column of candy/candy bars and a column of pregnancy/labor/baby related terms (same as Gillian's). The idea is that they are in different orders and they are supposed to match them. The most right wins.
Just another option. I do have the sheet if you are interested. Just not on that computer.

Do you have any candy and pregnancy term matches that I don't? I am always looking to add to the collection since I hold a lot of baby showers for some reason and want to add new terms so it isn't always the same.

Not here, but definitely. You have ones I don't so I'll have to grab those too! I love that game b/c people match funny options sometimes. My mom found this for my baby showers and now I use it too. Certain games we love and I love different options.I'll put it on when I get home later.

Thanks! I had a card for triplets but I can't remember for the life of me what candy we used...

Maybe 3 Musketeers????

Duh! That was it... Thanks Cindy!I also had a butterfinger for 'delivery doctor'

letscook04 said:
Nasty!! LOL

Hey... I warned you that it is not for the squeemish! But it is hysterical seeing a bunch of women with their noses in baby diapers!!! Makes for great pictures.

Here's the file for

Baby Sweet Concentration
(Match the candy that BEST fits the description)

First page is the game, the 2nd is the key.

Gillian, there are a few new ones here and I'll have to grab a couple from your list too! Thanks!

Attachments

• Baby Shower game.doc
    79.5 KB · Views: 368
This is a cut and paste from my baby shower files (I pulled this together a while ago when lots of ladies in my circle were having babies...)

I Never: variation on the college drinking game. Each person goes around the room and introduces themselves and how they know the mommy (great ice breaker). Then each person says something they haven't done and whomever HAS done it has to put a coin in a piggy bank for the baby (I've never been pregnant, I've never been married; I've never had a son/daughter, I've never been to Europe, I've never driven a truck, etc.)

Baby Bingo: Each person gets a bingo card (either blank which they fill out) or prefilled in by you. As momma to be opens gifts they check off the bingo card, whomever gets bingo first wins a prize (keeps guests from getting bored or distracted during the presents).

Timer, alternate to the bingo game, start a timer for a few minutes while mom is opening presents and when timer goes off whomever gave the present the mom is opening gets a prize.

I also usually do up a little packet with a crossword puzzle or word search (specific to the new parents -- use excel to make) and often a list of animal and baby names to be matched (kangaroo - joey; horse - colt, etc.) so that people have something to do while waiting for everyone to arrive.

Purse scavenger hunt: create a list of items for people to scavenge out of their purses (dollar bill; coins; credit card; driver's licence; mirror; lipstick; nail file, safety pins, cell phone, calling card, etc.) whomever has the most items wins a prize

Observation game - throw a sheet over the mommy and ask everyone to write down how she is wearing her hair, wearing glasses, what type of top she has on, pants, jewelry, shoes, etc. Whomever is closest wins.

Variation on observation game - set our a tray of 20 baby items (that mom gets to keep) and take the tray away, see who can remember the most items from the tray.

How well do you know mommy and daddy: Trivia questions -- what's mom's middle name? Dad's? Where did they meet? Where did they get married? How did mom tell dad (assuming it's a story they have shared)? grandparents? etc.

Mommy's waist size (only if mom ISN'T sensitive): Pass a roll of yarn around the room and have everyone cut off a piece to the length they think will go around mom's bulging belly. Whomever is closest wins.

Pass the Gift – wrap a favor in many layers of wrapping paper, have each guest unwrap one layer and pass it to the next person .Whomever unwraps the gift gets to keep it.

Baby food taste test - take labels off of baby food jars and have people try and guess what the baby food flavor is.

Guess the item - put 10 to 20 items in individual paper lunch bags (or one large grocery bag) and have people guess what the item is by feeling it (rattle, bottle, pacifier, diaper, onesie, tylenol drops, etc.)

Fill a bottle with jelly beans, gummy bears, m&m's etc and have people guess how many are in the bottle.

Don't say baby -- give each guest as they arrive a clothes pin or mardi gras beads and instruct them not to say "BABY" (or cross their legs, etc.) if they do what they aren't supposed to, whomever catches them gets their clothes pin or beads and at the end of the shower whomever has the most wins a prize.

I'd suggest no more than 2 or 3 games outside of opening the presents or the shower starts to get too long.

gilliandanielle said:
I e-mailed it to you Colleen, and if anyone else is intested here is what we did at my SIL's shower:

Breastfeeding- Milky Way
Doctor's Bill- 100 Grand
Contraction- Whoppers
Epidural- Lifesavers
Baby girl- Baby Ruth
Baby Boy- Oh Henry
Preemie- Runts
Sex- Skor
Umbilical Cord- licorice rope
Bottles- Baby Bottle Pop
Pregnant figure- Mounds
Twins- Twix

I know there is a lot more possibilities but we wanted to limit the game so it didn't take forever.

This is a new one for me and GREAT!! Thank you! -- I'd love to see all the matches.

Baby shower gamesI love games in general but here are some ideas for baby shower games I love to play:

Baby Word Scramble - Mixed up baby related words - Attached

Baby Food taste test - Grab some baby food jars, peel off the labels and number the jars. Be sure to write your cheat sheet so you know which number corresponds to what flavor. (1=carrots, 2=squash, etc..) Have everyone taste them with their own plastic spoons and guess the flavors.

MY WATER BROKE - buy some small plastic baby favors and freeze each one into an ice cube in an ice tray. Give one to each guest with their drink and the first one to have theirs melt has to shout "My water broke!" They can lick it, suck on it, breathe on it, etc....

Toilet paper game (how many squares will go around momma's tummy, go over you lose, closest one wins).

Here are a few to give you an idea.

Debbie :D

Attachments

• BABY WORD SCRAMBLE.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 258
This is a game page I've used at a few showers.

Attachments

• Baby Shower word games.DOC
    74.5 KB · Views: 489
We also played one at my shower for my DS where we had his full name- Colton Walker Wright- and you had to make up as many words as you could using those letters. Whoever had the most words won...

Wow!! Thank you everyone!!:)

whiteyteresa said:
I don't know about game but here is a flyer for baby stuff

~

Teresa,
this is absolutely great!
I thought your baby stuff flyer is fantastic.
I would just update the kit cost and Kitchen Show to Cooking Show.

Last Friday night I just found out that I am going to be a grandma for the first time! So this list will come in handy for me personally!!!

Related to What Are the Best Games to Play at a Baby Shower?

What are some easy and fun recipes to make for a baby shower?

Some easy and fun recipes to make for a baby shower include mini quiches, fruit skewers, and chocolate covered strawberries. These options are simple to prepare and can be made in advance.

Do you have any ideas for themed baby shower recipes?

Yes, some themed baby shower recipes include "bun in the oven" sliders, "mommy-to-be" mocktails, and "baby feet" sugar cookies. These recipes add a cute and creative touch to the shower.

Can you recommend any products from Pampered Chef for a baby shower?

Absolutely! Our Mini Muffin Pan and Mini Fluted Cake Pan are perfect for making bite-sized treats for a baby shower. Our Quick-Stir Pitcher is also great for mixing and serving refreshing drinks.

What are some non-food items that would be useful for a baby shower?

Some non-food items that would be useful for a baby shower include our Kitchen Towel and Oven Mitt Set, Mini Spatulas, and Flexible Cutting Mats. These items make great gifts for the expecting parents.

Do you have any tips for making a baby shower extra special?

To make a baby shower extra special, consider personalizing the food with cute labels or decorations. You can also involve the guests by having them participate in a fun cooking activity, such as making their own fruit kabobs or decorating onesies for the baby.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • WLMcCoy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedCaniac
  • natural
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies