• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fun & Creative Baby Shower Games: Ideas Needed!

I can't remember all the games. But I do remember that the most popular game was the chocolate bars in the diapers.
WLMcCoy
I am in charge of games at my cousin's baby shower! I want some new/creative or just really fun games.. I have a couple ideas, but I would love some input on games that you know of/have played that were a hit! Thanks a lot!!

Something about these parties has always bothered me.

Aren't babies just a little young to be taking showers? :confused:

LOL!

I always enjoyed the clothes pin game.

If you don't know what it is, I'll explain later, I hear a 3 yo crying!

These have been hits at the last few shower's I've thrown:
  • Safety Pins in the rice - fill a bowl with dry rice and mix in 25-30 safety pins (normal sized to small ones ... not big diaper pins). One at a time, blindfold the guests & let them try to find the safety pins in the bowl of rice. Set a timer & give them 60 seconds. Whoever finds the most wins. If you have a tie, just do a tie breaker round. It's much harder than it sounds! Some people will get 10-12 ... some people won't get ANY!
  • Baby Bingo - you can look this one up on line & order online
  • Feed the baby - make pieces of paper and print or write one label on each one: "baby 1", "mommy 1", "baby 2", "mommy 2", etc. Fold each piece of paper and have the guests draw one. Then have everyone look at their piece of paper. All the mommies come to the front of the room & get a baby bottle (preferably with only 2 oz of juice/water inside). When you say "go", the mommies have to go find their baby. Since babies can't talk ... the babies can't help! Once the mommy finds her baby, she proceeds to feed the bottle to the baby. First pair with an empty bottle wins. (Make sure you have TWO prizes for this game.) I just did this one a couple of months ago with a crowd of 18 and they had a BLAST! There was one older woman who refused to play, everyone else was laughing and loving it. None of them had ever seen it done before.
  • Chocolate in the diaper - this one has been around a while, but is still fun. Melt different kinds of chocolate in diapers & let the guests look, sniff, taste, etc. to figure out which candy bar is melted in the diaper. Some will actually taste it!!! (Of course the point is that it looks like a "dirty" diaper.)
  • Toilet Paper Game - pass around a roll of toilet paper & tell the guests to "take what you think you need." Don't give any other clues. Most people will assume that they are taking what they think would wrap around the pregnant woman's tummy. Once everyone has "what they think they will need", tell them that for each square of toilet paper, they are to write a piece of advice to the new parents (what to do or not to do with a new baby). Tell the guests to say what they want to say NOW, because no one is allowed to give ANY advice to the new parents for the first 6 months. Then go around the room & have everyone read their advice. You'll have some regular ones like "don't shake your baby", "don't forget to burp after feedings", etc. and then you will have some really off the wall funny ones. Let the mom-to-be choose the person that gave the best advice.

I know there's many more ... that's just the ones that are popping into my brain right now.

I've been to a couple baby showers. There is the string game where you cut a string to the size of what you think the mom's stomach is. The one that I remember most was a game that we all had a necklace with a small plastic pacifier on it (you can use anything that is associated with a baby). If you said Baby, Mommy, etc (you choose what the key words are) someone else could steal your necklace(s). Who ever has the most (or all) necklaces at the end of the shower wins. It's pretty funny, my 8 year old neice almost won until her sister tricked her into saying something and then the older one won.

At my shower, and at my best friend's shower (we threw each other's showers) the favorite was the chocolate bars in the diapers. We also did the safety pins in the rice, and measuring the tummy with toilet paper.

I went to a couple's baby shower and they played a couple of games I had never seen before:

1. dad's had to chug a bottled filled with beer - of course, had to drink it through the nipple! Too funny! Could use juice or soda for nonalcoholic shower or have the women do it.
2. each couple played this one - the dad wore a bib and the mom fed the dad baby food (good kind), but the mom was blindfolded! it was hilarious!
3. baby gift bingo. give each player a card and as the mom opens her gifts, the players mark off the gifts. first one to get "bingo" wins. you can find a bingo card making site on the internet.

Oh yeah, forgot this one! I love this one. Everyone loves it!

Two players standing side by side. Blindfold them and they can only use their inside hand each. They have to put a diaper on a baby working together. It is too funny because some women are experts (my mom with 5 kids) and some can't even find the baby.

Some of my favorites are similar to Jessica's. People pair up and have to change a diaper on a doll (we use cloth diapers with pins b/c it is harder). Each person can only use one hand. My girlfriend and I usually pair up because she is left handed and I am right so it is very easy for us :)
Another one is give everyone a blank bingo card and a list of the items the mom-to-be registered for. They fill in their own cards and then cross off as the mom-to-be opens her gifts.
Another fun one is have the mom-to-be walk around with a tray of baby related items(such as diapers, bottles, wipes, ointment, etc). Ask the guests to remember what is in front of them. Ask just like that, do not say anything about the tray specifically. Then have the mom-to-be leave the room, pass out paper and pens to everyone and ask questions about what the mom-to-be was wearing. Most people memorized the tray but not what the mom-to-be was wearing.
And my favorite for a couples shower is pass out pen and paper to the men and have them blindfolded. Have their significant other try to describe how to draw a baby and the men have to do it blindfolded. You will get some interesting drawings!!

Memory game - Grab a PC Round or Rectangle platter and place all kinds of baby related items on there. Bib, bottle, diaper rash cream, small baby powder, booties, socks, onesie, etc... (like over 25 items would be good and small items too like a safety pin) Cover them all up with a baby blanket. Give everyone a pen and a paper. Tell the guests you are going to go around the room once and that they need to pay extra special attention. Go around the room slowly but not too slow letting everyone get a look at the platter. Then cover it back up and let them write down as many as they can remember.

Baby Ice Cubes - get those little plastic babies and drop one in each well of an ice tray the night before. When your guests come in give them each a drink (usually punch, soda or water) and add the baby ice cube to their drink. The first baby to melt out of their ice cube is the winner and they have to yell "My water broke!" Yes they can suck on the ice cube but not bite it.

Cotton Ball Game - This is extremely fun and silly because you get a large bowl full of cotton, a large spoon, and another bowl to hold on their heads. Blindfold them! They are to spoon the cotton balls from the big bowl on their lap to the bowl on their head with the large spoon. It may seem like they are getting huge amounts of cotton but actually they are getting nothing! It's funny! The person with the most cotton balls in their bowl wins!

Baby Charades - Use index cards or sheets of paper to write down things such as diaper change, giving birth, feeding baby, burping baby, etc... And have them act it out, it's hilarious!!

Baby Pictionary - Use index cards or sheets of paper to write down words such as baby bassinet, crib, bottle, bib, diaper, etc... and break your guests into even numbered teams. Have one person draw and the others guess what it is. Give them a minute time limit and see who can get the most. Dry erase boards work best but butcher paper or poster boards for each team works too. Just have them X out the ones they already did.

Debbie :D

I love the word scramble game.... where you spell "asibsten" to see if they guess bassinet and things like this!

I also like a game where you ask the dad questions like - Who's eye color do you want the baby to have mom's or dad's and the guess put a check (including the new mom) what dad said, you also ask who's temper, feet, potty habits, hair and things like this. To me this game was the biggest hit!!

Related to Fun & Creative Baby Shower Games: Ideas Needed!

What are some popular baby shower games?

Some popular baby shower games include "Guess the Baby Food," "Baby Shower Bingo," "The Price is Right," "Diaper Relay," and "Baby Name Scramble."

What are some creative baby shower game ideas?

Some creative baby shower game ideas include "Decorate a Onesie," "Baby Shower Mad Libs," "Create a Baby Nursery," "Name That Tune - Baby Edition," and "The Great Diaper Race."

What supplies are needed for baby shower games?

The supplies needed for baby shower games vary depending on the specific game, but some common supplies include baby food jars, bingo cards, diapers, onesies, art supplies, and nursery decorations.

Can baby shower games be personalized?

Yes, baby shower games can be personalized by incorporating the baby's name or the parents' names into the games, or by choosing games that fit the theme or interests of the parents-to-be.

Are there any virtual baby shower game options?

Yes, there are virtual baby shower game options, such as "Baby Shower Trivia," "Virtual Scavenger Hunt," "Baby Photo Match," "Baby Name Emoji Pictionary," and "Virtual Baby Shower Bingo." These games can be played over video call or through online platforms.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smithcooking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cdsparks04
  • natural
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Laura420
Replies