• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Good Digital Camera Alternatives to the Canon Powershot A350?

In summary, the conversation revolved around recommendations for a new camera. One person did not like their previous Canon Powershot and was looking for suggestions. Another person recommended a Kodak Easyshare CX7430 or a touch screen camera seen on TV. Another person mentioned a small Olympus camera with image stabilization and a good size screen. Someone else mentioned owning a Nikon camera and praised its quality and customer service. Another person recommended a Canon Rebel for its fast shoot and ability to capture moving targets.
melaniepc
does anyone have any recommendations for me? My camera broke and i need a new on. I had a canon powershot a350 but I didnt love it so I wont get antoher one..

any ideas? I dont need anything fancy but I do like taking pics

I have a Kodak and LOVE it! It is my fav of all that I have had. I will have to look at the number on it b/c I do not remember. I do know I got an older one b/c the research that I did said the older version was better than the new version. My friend has the new version and I still like mine better. I think it was around $300.

My dream is to own a Cannon Rebel!:D

I have a Kodak easyshare CX7430 and love it! It is very easy to use.

I would love to have the touch screen one that is on TV with Ashton Kutcher in the commercial. It looks cool but I wonder about durability. It has to be able to withstand being in a diaper bag to be of good use to me!

I have am Olympus, but I don't know the exact name. It's nice and small with a good size screen to view the pictures, 2.5 inches. I like the size of the camera because I can actually put it in my pocket if needed. It has image stabilization. Maybe all cameras have that now, but when I bought it, that wasn't the case. It's a 7.1 megapixel. I think I've had it for at least 2 years, though. There are probably lots of other features these days.

My hubby is a pro photgrapher and has a Canon Rebel with a speed light and zoom lens and all that. He loves his camera. However, I have a Nikon which he got for me and I LOVE IT!!! I like to be able to carry my camera with me and I certainly cannot carry a camera as big as his so he got me the Nikon. Its a very well-known brand and carries great customer service warranties and service. I've called htem a few times when I first got it and the people that answer the phone are american (meaning that I can understand them when they talk). I called to figure out a few things on my camera and they are wonderful! I've been fortunate enough to not have to use my warranty either. My hubby would highly recommend this camera if you want good quality pictures without the big bulky camera.

ragschef said:
My hubby is a pro photgrapher and has a Canon Rebel with a speed light and zoom lens and all that. He loves his camera. However, I have a Nikon which he got for me and I LOVE IT!!! I like to be able to carry my camera with me and I certainly cannot carry a camera as big as his so he got me the Nikon. Its a very well-known brand and carries great customer service warranties and service. I've called htem a few times when I first got it and the people that answer the phone are american (meaning that I can understand them when they talk). I called to figure out a few things on my camera and they are wonderful! I've been fortunate enough to not have to use my warranty either. My hubby would highly recommend this camera if you want good quality pictures without the big bulky camera.

I also have a Rebel and LOVE it. It has a fast shoot. I don't like digitals that take forever to shoot and target has already moved. This clicks when you click it and can shoot a pic every few seconds. I got a shark swimming towards me at Moody Gardens in Galveston and it is cool to see the step by step movement closer. I also got the waves on the beach.. Pretty cool. Mine is 8.0 megapixels. Great camera. I shoot anything and everything. It takes an hour to charge the batter and it lasts weeks.

ragschef said:

I have a Nikon D40 and LOVE IT!! It makes taking picures a breeze and so much fun! LOVE IT!

DH gave me a Canon Rebel XSI 12 megapixel for Mothers Day
I still prefer my Canon EOS from 5 mother's days ago I love film, I'm an old fashioned girl what can I say???

We have a Panasonic Lumix with 10x optical zoom. Just got it last December. Easy to use and takes great pictures.

I'm using a http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=144&modelid=15672.The more I use it, the better I like it. It has a 40X zoom that is very clear. You can also make panorama shots with the aid of the camera, and it has software that stitches the photos together pretty much automagically. It shoots at night, it has a setting to shoot fireworks (and lightning) that works quite well, and it also has a filter setting for shooting in snow, or on the beach, where the reflections overpower most cameras.For some samples of what photos look like with it, see the Dane County section of the Bridge Hunter site, especially the Yahara River Bridge where you can see an example of stitching. In Milwaukee County, I shot several bridges at night, you can see those at the Sixth Street Viaduct, the Marsupial Bridge and the Cherry Street Bascule Bridge. (On the Cherry Street Bridge, you'll notice the pink sky - that was my old camera, and why I bought the Cannon.) While you're there, take a look at the 35th Street Viaduct, that was another one that I pieced together to make a panorama, if I had it to do over again, I'd stand back further so it wouldn't fisheye quite so much.I especially like the clarity of the images in daylight.

I have a Casio Exilm Z85.. It is amazing.. I have had one for about 3 years.. They're amazing and affordable.. Plus easy to use..

I have taken pictures with it & blown them up to 8x10 prints & they look great!

I have the Cannon Rebel also and I love it...although I still don't know how to use all the features and usually just use the auto feature. I previously had the other nondigital Cannon Rebel which is why I got the Digital Rebel because my lenses switch out. It is big and bulky. I just bought a new camera big and it is huge!! but it holds both of my cannon cameras as well as my new small video camera and my extra cannon lense. I am thinking about taking a introductory class so I can learn how to use my camera better. There is a photography group in the "groups" section. So, anyone with advice and tips please log in there and share with us.

cathyskitchen said:
We have a Panasonic Lumix with 10x optical zoom. Just got it last December. Easy to use and takes great pictures.

I actually have the Panasonic Lumix with 6x optical zoom and HATE it! So, maybe it's the zoom? The camera itself is easy to use, but we've had quite a few issues with it that required it to get fixed. Right now the zoom is sticking, so, we'll probably have to take it back in. I can't wait to get a new camera!

Not sure if ok to post but my ex husband sells digital cameras on Ebay. Canon Powershot SD1100 for a great price. His seller ID is ucanbid2win you can do a search. He's on vacation now but returning Wednesday. I know the price is much less than in the stores and they are great cameras because he gave one to my daughter for her birthday.

Last edited:
I have a Kodak too. I've been using it for 6 years now w/ no problems.

Here's the night photo so you don't have to follow the link. I'm not a pro photographer, the quality of this photo is all the nighttime setting on this idiot-proof camera.
123257-M.jpg

The North 6th Street Cable-Stayed Viaduct,
Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The facility to the lower right
is the Intermodal Station.Photo Copyright Historic Bridges of the United States,
used with permission.

We own two Sony digital cameras and have been VERY happy with them. My mother-in-law has a Kodak something or other with the same megapixels as ours, and her photos just aren't as nice and none of us are professional photographers by any means!!

I have a sony cybershot model #DSC-W80 and I love it because it is smaller then my other sony

Let us know what you decide to get... Lot's of great recommendations out here...

One suggestion. Be sure that whatever camera you purchase, it is compatible with your
Laptop or computer program you will be downloading to. I purchased an Olympus C5050
about six years ago, and then for the greater distance shooting another Olympus with 18X optical zoom, model SP550UZ in April 2007. In April 2007, we also purchased my HP laptop with Vista. Low and behold, Olympus was behind the times, and they still have not caught up to being Vista compatible. The program I had loved and could operate
so well, is no longer able to be used since all I now have is the laptop. I have to struggle everytime I download, and the program with the laptop was no where near as
good as the original Olympus program back in 2003. We do love both of the Olympus camera, however, and get great pictures night and day, and in low light conditions. I turn many of them into photo greeting cards.

Related to What Are Good Digital Camera Alternatives to the Canon Powershot A350?

1. What is the best digital camera for beginners?

The best digital camera for beginners is typically one with easy-to-use features and automatic settings. Some popular options include the Canon PowerShot SX620 HS and the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W800.

2. What is the difference between a point-and-shoot camera and a DSLR?

A point-and-shoot camera is a smaller, more compact option that is designed for simple, everyday use. A DSLR (digital single-lens reflex) camera is larger and more advanced, allowing for manual control over settings and interchangeable lenses.

3. What is the ideal megapixel count for a digital camera?

The ideal megapixel count for a digital camera depends on your specific needs. For most casual photographers, a range of 12-20 megapixels is more than sufficient. However, if you plan on printing large, high-quality images, you may want to consider a camera with a higher megapixel count.

4. Are there any waterproof digital cameras available?

Yes, there are several waterproof digital cameras on the market. Some popular options include the Olympus Tough TG-5 and the GoPro HERO7 Black. These cameras are designed to withstand water, dust, and shock, making them perfect for outdoor and adventure photography.

5. Can I use a digital camera to record videos?

Yes, most digital cameras have the ability to record videos in addition to taking photos. However, the video quality and recording capabilities may vary between different models. If video recording is a priority for you, make sure to research and compare the video features of different cameras before making a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • Brenda K.
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies