• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What appetizer should I make for my Monday host?

In summary, the host wants an appetizer and the person talked with her today about mini muffin pans and pecan tasses. A tried and try recipe was mentioned and the person is thinking of the cheese crisps.
sunnygirl in nd
Most things I make for people are more main dish type of things...This host I have on Monday wants an appetizer. I talked with her today and told her about these taco things in the mini muffin pan and the pecan tasses. Well I've never made either but we decided to do those at her show. I tried both tonight and none of my family including myself like them...I need to come up with something by tomorrow. I've thought maybe the cheese crisps but the one time I made them they didn't turn out super great - the cheese was strange...Help any tried and try recipe I should make? This is a group of Mennonite ladies who are very good cooks!

I really like the Chicken, Tomato, pesto Flatbread out of the Spring/Summer 2010 SB. Has been a hit at my shows!

Greek Cheese Torta is always a hit, super fast and pretty simple to make.

:)I know this is super simple, but I'm taking it as an appetizer to a family holiday function on Sunday. Pour some Raspberry Habanero sauce over cream cheese and serve it with crackers. Now, I don't know if this particular group of women are looking for an appetizer like that, but it's an easy one to put out and might give someone an idea. Good luck with your show! And, maybe just because you didn't like the items you made, doesn't mean they wouldn't like them? Just a thought. I am super picky about foods and NEVER eat what I cook/make at a show, but my guests seem to love the stuff.

We like the bacon cheddar bites that were in the Fall/Winter 2009 cookbook. I made those for 4 shows and they were a huge hit. And my husband really loved them!

Bacon Cheddar Bites are really popular for me too! Love Them!

1. How can I overcome a creative block while cooking?

One way to overcome a creative block while cooking is to take a break and try a different activity, such as going for a walk or listening to music. You can also try experimenting with new ingredients or recipes, or asking for inspiration from friends or family.

2. What are some tips for coming up with new recipe ideas?

Some tips for coming up with new recipe ideas include browsing through cookbooks or food blogs, trying different flavor combinations, and drawing inspiration from different cuisines. You can also experiment with seasonal ingredients and attend cooking classes for new techniques and ideas.

3. How can I make my dishes more visually appealing?

To make your dishes more visually appealing, you can use colorful ingredients, play with different textures, and use attractive plating techniques. You can also use garnishes and herbs to add a pop of color and flavor to your dishes.

4. What should I do if I make a mistake while cooking?

If you make a mistake while cooking, don't panic. You can try to salvage the dish by adjusting the seasoning or adding other ingredients to balance out the flavors. If the mistake is irreversible, you can always start over or use the opportunity to learn from the experience.

5. How can I improve my cooking skills and become more confident in the kitchen?

To improve your cooking skills and become more confident in the kitchen, you can practice regularly, take cooking classes, and seek guidance from experienced chefs or friends who are skilled in cooking. You can also watch cooking shows or read cookbooks for new techniques and ideas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
jnsr96
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD