• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

We're Getting a New (Gas) Oven!!!

medium (simmer/broil) and large (high heat). I would recommend reading Consumer Reports to see which ovens they have tested and have good ratings. I have also heard that the GE Elite ranges have great ovens, but they can be a bit expensive.
DanielleQ
Does anyone have any recommendations for a gas range? We're looking at some GE Elite products that have the convection oven feature, but we're still just researching. Any help from you all would be great. The color will be stainless steel.

I have no recommendations - but I am GREEN with envy!

DanielleQ said:
Does anyone have any recommendations for a gas range? We're looking at some GE Elite products that have the convection oven feature, but we're still just researching. Any help from you all would be great. The color will be stainless steel.

Go to the library and check out Consumer Reports. You should be able to get an idea of which stoves/ovens have performed the best. (there are indexes in the back of the magazines so you can find the correct month for this information).

The recommendation I do have?
-- Get as little black on the stove as you can manage. This is the hardest to keep clean as it shows dust, not just all the other stuff that gets on the stovetop.
-- If you can swing it, go for duel fuel. This means you have an electric oven and gas burners. This is the best of both worlds!
-- Go for heavy duty grates on your burners. Also, you may want grates that flow from burner to burner so that you can slide pans rather than having to pick them up.

Happy shopping.

This is going to sound a little weird, but see if you can find a duel-fuel model (Kenmore Elite has one). It uses electric for the oven (more consistent and less moisture) and gas for the cook top (more control, instant reaction when you adjust the heat). When I first started looking for dream appliances for my kitchen, I saw one like this and it just made a lot of sense to me.

A couple of years ago Kenmore Elite had a 40" wide 5-burner, 2 oven duel-fuel model. The full size oven had a convection feature. Both ovens were self-cleaning.

Whirlpool (I think, it might be Maytag) has an oven that will keep things chilled - yes, like the fridge - until the oven turns on at a time you specify. It's so that you can put dinner in it when you leave for work in the morning and have it turn on in time to have it done and waiting when you get home.

Hey Jeanine - your post about the duel fuel came up right as I hit "submit" on my post. Great minds think alike!

chefann said:
Hey Jeanine - your post about the duel fuel came up right as I hit "submit" on my post. Great minds think alike!

Perhaps it's the water in Michigan. :rolleyes:

I would kill for a duel fuel!! It's a dream of mine. I have this little gas oven that came with the house I am renting and I love it being gas but I hate pretty much everything else about it. Every once in a while I go to Sears and drool over the duel fuels there!

Oops- I just realized that I mistyped "dual" every single time I used it in the above posts. It's DUAL (meaning two), not DUEL (meaning fight). It was very Friday today, wasn't it?

chefann said:
Oops- I just realized that I mistyped "dual" every single time I used it in the above posts. It's DUAL (meaning two), not DUEL (meaning fight).

I noticed, too...after I typed it into my search engine. I thought, "Ooooh...Ann made a boo-boo!" I thought that in Pampered Chef love, of course!! :p

Anyway, researching this has been quite interesting. There are so many brands!

chefann said:
Oops- I just realized that I mistyped "dual" every single time I used it in the above posts. It's DUAL (meaning two), not DUEL (meaning fight).

That makes two of us. . .:eek:

I agree about trying as hard as possible to NOT get black on the top of the stove. I got a brand new gas stove/oven last year for Christmas and it is all black except for the backsplash and the door, which are stainless. I had never heard about how hard it is to keep black stoves clean till I got mine. They must clean them in the stores all of the time, because I never see dust on THIERS! I swear I can have my stove totally clean in the evening and by morning I can see dust all over it!

Other than that, make sure that your burners are different BTU's (cheaper stoves have them all the same and they are hard to regulate- even with gas because they just don't have much of a range on them.) Mine has 3 different sizes. Very small (simmer control) reg. and two that are very large and able to heat up large pots very quickly.

Good luck!

Related to We're Getting a New (Gas) Oven!!!

1. What are the benefits of having a gas oven?

Gas ovens offer a more precise and consistent temperature, resulting in more evenly cooked dishes. They also heat up faster and can save on energy costs compared to electric ovens.

2. Will my current cookware work with a gas oven?

Most cookware is compatible with gas ovens, but it's best to check the manufacturer's recommendations. Some cookware may not be suitable for high heat, which can be a factor with gas ovens.

3. Do I need to have a gas line installed to use a gas oven?

Yes, a gas line will need to be installed by a professional if you do not already have one. This may require additional costs, so it's important to factor that into your decision.

4. How often do gas ovens need to be cleaned?

Gas ovens should be cleaned regularly, just like any other oven. It's recommended to clean them at least twice a year to prevent buildup of grease and debris.

5. Are there any safety concerns with using a gas oven?

As with any gas appliance, there are some safety precautions to keep in mind. It's important to have a carbon monoxide detector near the oven and make sure the area is well-ventilated. It's also crucial to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper use and maintenance to ensure safe operation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
carlajanes
Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • chefann
  • General Chat