• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using the DCB in Shows: Pros & Cons

In summary, the director is hesitant to continue showcasing the DCB in shows because it is a host only product. However, she still uses it as a booking tool and is planning to switch to using wreaths and braids for the holidays.
KBPC09
I'm a little hesitant to continue showcasing the DCB in shows since it is a host only product. I'd really like to do the Potato Chowder next weekend, but feel that some might be disappointed they cannot order the DCB. Are you all still using it as a big part of your shows?

I don't have the DCB but I use it as a booking tool. I always point it out in the catalog and tell all the guests how great the product is (even though I don't have one) and tell them that the only way to purchase it is by having a show! At my last show, I got 3 bookings just because they want it.

I saw my director using it as a show and now I really want one! I love it!

It's fine to use it! It's a great booking tool!

I have yet to use it at a show however; now that my bookings seem to be slowing down (which I think is just due to the holidays approaching) I'm using it to up them.

I'm only offering 3 recipes this season- Mini Pesto Pizzas, Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake and Taffy Apple Tartlets. A lot of people choose the entree as the demo so I'm hoping people fall in love with the DCB like I did!

I use it at EVERY show. I have stopped pointing out that it's a "host only" item. (it's in the catalog, they can see for themselves). I say "this product is so fantastic! You can do XYZ in it! AND when you have your own party, you can get it for half price for only $42!" And leave it at that. If they ask why it's a host only item, I will tell them, but really, I haven't said anything since the new catalog came out and it hasn't been an issue AT ALL.

Boomerjojo said:
I don't have the DCB but I use it as a booking tool. I always point it out in the catalog and tell all the guests how great the product is (even though I don't have one) and tell them that the only way to purchase it is by having a show! At my last show, I got 3 bookings just because they want it.

I saw my director using it as a show and now I really want one! I love it!

wadesgirl said:
It's fine to use it! It's a great booking tool!

See, I want to use mine because I thought that would help me get more bookings. I was actually just about to make a thread about that. LOL.

i still use mine for most of my demos. but i'm about to switch to doing wreaths & braids for the holidays. it never made sense to me that people say they don't want to showcase something people can't buy on the spot, but i use my 12" executive skillet and i've never sold one of those at a show. people don't want to pay full price, so they're going to host a show. same w/the dcb.

Hi there! I completely understand your hesitation in showcasing the DCB in shows since it is a host only product. However, I have found that even though guests cannot order it, it still adds value to the show by demonstrating the versatility and quality of our products. Plus, it's a great way to show potential hosts the benefits of hosting a show and earning the DCB as a host reward. I personally still use the DCB as a big part of my shows and have had great success with it. Of course, it's ultimately up to you and what you feel comfortable with, but I would definitely recommend giving the Potato Chowder a try next weekend. Happy cooking!

What is the DCB and how does it work?

The DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile and durable stoneware baking dish from Pampered Chef. It is designed to evenly distribute heat and retain moisture, making it perfect for cooking a variety of dishes in the oven or microwave. The lid of the DCB creates a seal, trapping steam and infusing food with flavor while keeping it moist.

What are the benefits of using the DCB in shows?

Using the DCB in shows can be a great way to demonstrate its versatility and showcase the variety of dishes that can be made in it. The DCB is also a popular and well-known product from Pampered Chef, so using it in shows can help generate interest and sales. Additionally, the DCB is easy to use and makes cooking and cleaning up a breeze, making it a convenient choice for show demonstrations.

Are there any downsides to using the DCB in shows?

While the DCB is a popular and versatile product, it may not be suitable for all show demonstrations. Depending on the type of show and audience, some may not be interested in cooking demonstrations or may not have access to an oven or microwave. Additionally, the DCB can be heavy and may not be suitable for transportation to and from shows.

What types of recipes can be made in the DCB?

The DCB is perfect for cooking a variety of dishes, including casseroles, roasts, chicken, vegetables, and even desserts. It can be used in the oven or microwave and is safe for temperatures up to 450°F. The DCB can also be used on the stovetop for searing or browning meats before finishing them in the oven.

How do I care for and clean the DCB?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, making clean-up a breeze. However, avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaners, as they can damage the stoneware. To remove stubborn stains or odors, soak the DCB in a mixture of baking soda and water before washing. It is also important to follow the proper instructions for seasoning and caring for the DCB to ensure its longevity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HealthNut
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • niclowther
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies