• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Facebook to Direct Sales (Whatever I Want to Sell!)

In summary, I found that Facebook is not successful at driving sales at the moment that someone reads my entries, but it does put a lasting idea into potential hosts and guests minds that they need the items I am discussing.
magentablue
Based only on my personal experiences as a new consultant, here's what I found:

I made a Facebook fan page for me, Independent Consultant for Pampered Chef.

I began to post recipes in the Discussions tab.

I began to link from my fan wall, and my personal wall, to the discussions tab on my fan page, announcing the new recipes.

I began to make a concerted effort to feature recipes using the same items that I wanted to sell (for example, large bar pan).

Results:

I still have zero sales on my website.

I have still received zero direct orders based on the marketing I've done of these products, and the recipes shared.

When people who see these posts are at my shows, they order the things I've shared recipes for. They tell me they can't wait to start making the recipes they saw me post.

So, my thoughts (so far) are that Facebook is not successful at driving sales at the moment that someone reads my entries, but it does put a lasting idea into potential hosts and guests minds that they need the items I am discussing.

My hope is that I can make Facebook a more successful tool in the future, which will drive instant sales on the website, and/or open a discussion with potential hosts/recruits.

One reason I don't think I am successful at driving traffic to my website is that if I attempt to link to anything, I wind up with a link to my website AND a generic pamperedchef.com link because of the way Facebook posts it. I delete my link, rather than letting PC steal my leads. I am not sure if I should blame PC or FB, but I feel like I can't directly link to my site as a result.

I do have a link on the top left hand corner of my fan page, but it's easy to miss.

Any ideas on how to link directly without the generic PC links also showing up?

Give it time. I think your goal for your Facebook page seems a bit wrong. This is your page and place to interact with customers, hosts, and friends that support your business. It's not your place to get sales leads. They probably do enjoy your recipes. Facebook is not made to replace picking up the phone and calling people. It's made for you to openly communicate in a positive and non-pushy way to your "fans." If someone "likes" your page that you don't know and you can view their phone number or email on their profile, go ahead and call/email to welcome them to your page and tell them you're glad for their support and ask if they've ever been interested in hosting a show. Other than that, I think you're really setting your expectations very, very high.

I'm with Shelby. Social networking sites are great for the social aspect of our business. That means first and foremost it's good at keeping your name in front of your customers. Second, it's another way for people to contact you.

I post "teaser" information about a great recipe that I have tried. I don't post the whole recipe. I then ask them to contact me for the recipe. It has generated a couple of leads so far.

When you post your website, link just to your main .biz page. Don't link to any product specific pages. That way you always make sure your customers go to YOUR site.

If you do it in a post on Facebook, it has two links -- the post you put there, plus one that says pamperedchef.com. So I won't link any more.But I get what you're saying, I'm already doing what I need to do with my business. The fact that it is influencing future purchases means it's already more successful than what most would hope for (keeping my name in front of the customers.) I'd call that a success then. I was just hoping (perhaps incorrectly) that it could do even more! :)

What I do is copy the photo and put it on my computer and then upload it onto FB from there. Then copy and paste the recipe into the notes section of your fan page and connect your photo to it. This will steer people only to you and not the PC fan page or .com. Then you just type in the link of your own PWS and you'll be good to go. HTH! :)

1. How can I use Facebook to direct sales for my product?

Facebook offers various tools and features for businesses to promote and sell their products. You can create a business page, run targeted ads, and utilize the marketplace to reach potential customers. Additionally, you can use Facebook groups to engage with your target audience and promote your product.

2. Is it effective to use Facebook for direct sales?

Yes, Facebook can be an effective tool for direct sales as it has a large user base and offers various features for businesses to promote and sell their products. However, it is important to have a well-planned strategy and engaging content to attract potential customers and convert them into sales.

3. How can I target the right audience on Facebook for my product?

Facebook offers advanced targeting options for businesses to reach their desired audience. You can target users based on their demographics, interests, behaviors, and even past interactions with your page or website. This helps in reaching a relevant audience who are more likely to be interested in your product and make a purchase.

4. Can I track the success of my direct sales efforts on Facebook?

Yes, Facebook provides various analytics and insights for businesses to track the success of their direct sales efforts. You can track metrics such as reach, engagement, clicks, and conversions to see how your sales are performing and make necessary adjustments to your strategy.

5. Are there any best practices for using Facebook to direct sales?

Some best practices for using Facebook to direct sales include creating a strong and visually appealing presence, engaging with your audience through regular posts and interactions, using targeted ads, and leveraging the power of influencers or partnerships to reach a larger audience. It is also important to constantly analyze and adapt your strategy to maximize your sales results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jules711
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
FelicityG92
  • NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • loreo