• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upset Over Rusting Santuko Knife

Since you got them at your own show at 1/2 price does that mean you don't have to send the broken one back?
JenBowen
Gold Member
I'm sooo upset. My Santuko is rusting and pitted :( I can't believe it! And now I will be with out it for up to 3 weeks. ARG.

Have you run it thru the dishwasher?

Did you put it in the dishwasher?
JenBowen said:
I'm sooo upset. My Santuko is rusting and pitted :( I can't believe it! And now I will be with out it for up to 3 weeks. ARG.

If you did that may be what caused the pitting. I do believe that you have to handwash all of the PC line of knives. Let me know and I am sorry this happened to you.

Did you put it through the dishwasher?

Nope no dishwasher...Hand wash all the time..immediately after use and dry right away.

If it is the forged one, you have to make sure your plastic sleeve is also completely cleaned and dry at all times. If there is any moisture in that, it will transfer to the knife in storage and rust/pit it.

I have funky water and mine gets pitted regularly. A little Barkeeper's Friend gets the spots right off.

If you ordered your Santoku through a Sample order, all you have to do is call HO, and give them the Order number it was shipped with, and they will send
a replacement right out. Most likely they will expect you to return the defective one but that would be worth it to have a replacement, right? I was very impressed with the service from Solution Center, on two recent calls. Items from my Kits were in my hands within four days. One qualified for a pick up which she authorized at 5:30PM on Good Friday, and the Fed-Ex man was at my door by 10AM on Sat. morning!!!

Mine isn't rusting, but it is pitting. No dishwasher use, hand wash only, immediately dry & put away. :(

Dumb question, but what is pitting? My paring knife looks like it is rusting right at where the handle ends...

"Pitting" means that it almost looks like the beginning of tiny holes on the knives blade.

Thanks Rennea! I can't believe with all my Food TV hours logged in I have never heard that term :)

GourmetGirl said:
Thanks Rennea! I can't believe with all my Food TV hours logged in I have never heard that term :)

Probably because it is a "technical" term related to materials rather than a "food" term. :) Better watch Modern Marvels or something instead... LOL!

I unfortunately didn't get it though a sample order, I got the whole set 1/2 price from my open house.

I have had to return one for a customer for this reason and she handwashed it only too. HO said she could have hard water and she needed to make sure she dried it immediately too.

I think mine is beginning to do the same thing but I am waiting to make sure is it going to show up worse before I send them back. :mad: I am disappointed with this b/c for this amount of mooney there should be NO problems.

JenBowen said:
I unfortunately didn't get it though a sample order, I got the whole set 1/2 price from my open house.
Jen~

If that is the only forged knife you have to show at your demos, I would call HO back and tell them that. I know when I needed to have my food chopper replaced, they sent the replacement out first and then I had to return the old one. (My blades just weren't sharp enough anymore...but I could still use it at my demos so I didn't want to be without it.) They do that for consultants since we are using the products at our shows!

Mine got some tiny rust spots on it, an SOS pad took it right off.

KellyTheChef said:
Jen~

If that is the only forged knife you have to show at your demos, I would call HO back and tell them that. I know when I needed to have my food chopper replaced, they sent the replacement out first and then I had to return the old one. (My blades just weren't sharp enough anymore...but I could still use it at my demos so I didn't want to be without it.) They do that for consultants since we are using the products at our shows!

True Kelly, I have a broken bar pan and they IMMEDIATELY shipped a new one and said when I get it, ship the broken one back...unlike customers where they ship first and then receive...

It was on a thread here a while back, but Soft Scrub got rid of the rust around my handles.

Dumb Question....Jen, Since you got them at your own show at 1/2 price does that mean you can't get them replaced with the lifetime warranty?

Just wondered, because I was hoping to get a set that way as well.

Thanks, Dana

The warranty is good whether you pay full price, half price, or nothing.

KellyTheChef said:
Jen~

Kelly,
Thank goodness it is not the only knife I show. I do use the Chef's knife ALOT! I'm just upset because of the price and I have only had it for what 2 months! :(

I have heard that citrus soap can cause these problems. I have lime dish soap and I am going to stop using it.

I love my knives but I wish it were more resistant to rusting too! I hand wash them and dry right away but for people who don't take proper care (dishwasher users or don't dry right away) it could be a PIA for them, and leave them with a bad impression of our products (for something so expensive) JMHO. I know my mom doesn't listen to me re: her cookware or forged cutlery and now she has scratched and rusted product! :(

Does the HO have to know how the items were purchased and what I give for them? What about receipts for the items?

Thanks

I'm siked...I got my replacement! I wasn't expecting that! The lady I talked to said it usually takes up to 3 weeks. I got it in 3 days. WOW I'm impressed. Very happy with PC tonight!

JenBowen said:
I'm siked...I got my replacement! I wasn't expecting that! The lady I talked to said it usually takes up to 3 weeks. I got it in 3 days. WOW I'm impressed. Very happy with PC tonight!
Way to go HO!!

Jen~
Glad you didn't have to wait long!! I would be :( too if I had to do without mine for a long time!

JenBowen said:
No matter how you got it you can get a replacement! When you call them they know you are a consultant and that you use it for demo. If they say that you should send it back before they send the new one remind them that you need it to show to customers. Hopefully they will send it out quicker for you.

Related to Upset Over Rusting Santuko Knife

1. Why is my Santuko knife rusting?

There are a few reasons why your Santuko knife may be rusting. One possibility is that the knife was not properly dried after washing, allowing moisture to sit on the blade and cause rust. Another reason could be that the knife was left in a damp or humid environment. Additionally, using harsh chemicals or leaving the knife in contact with acidic foods for extended periods of time can also contribute to rusting.

2. How can I prevent my Santuko knife from rusting?

To prevent rusting, it is important to properly dry your knife after each use and store it in a dry environment. Avoid using harsh chemicals on the blade and try to keep it away from acidic foods. If you do notice rust on your knife, it is important to clean and dry it thoroughly right away to prevent further damage.

3. Can I still use my Santuko knife if it is rusted?

While rust on a knife can be unsightly, as long as the blade is still sharp and not significantly damaged, it is safe to continue using it. However, it is important to clean and dry the knife thoroughly after each use to prevent further rusting.

4. How can I remove rust from my Santuko knife?

If you do notice rust on your Santuko knife, there are a few methods you can try to remove it. One option is to use a gentle abrasive like baking soda or a specialized rust remover. You can also try soaking the knife in lemon juice or vinegar, as the acidity can help dissolve the rust. Be sure to thoroughly clean and dry the knife after removing the rust.

5. Does Pampered Chef offer a warranty for rusting on their knives?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a limited lifetime warranty for rust or corrosion on their knives. If your Santuko knife rusts due to a manufacturing defect, you can contact customer service to arrange for a replacement or refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keynibear
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • gailz2