• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Gift Certificates: Official PC vs. Certificates from Us

The ones from us do not expire, but the person buying it can go to our website and order. We do have an option for "Gift Certificate," then you would have to enter it into P3.
kam
Staff member
I have been trying to read past posts...and I want to see if I have this right...

There are 2 type of gift certificate: Official PC from HO and ones from us.

Offical PC:
The official PC one has to be redeemed by the person through PC directly and direct shipping charges apply. (Do I have this correct?)
My question is: Does the original purchase of the gift certificate count toward a show? If I have a person who wants an Offical PC gift certificate - can I order it for them? Do I put it on a show - and does the gift certificate purchase amount go toward the show. I am questioning the PURCHASE of the gift certificate going toward the show (not the redemption).

Gift Certificates issued by us:
I basically make up a certificate for whatever amount ther person wants. The rules are that it can only be redeemed through me (right?). If I have a person who wants to buy a $50 gift certificate from me...I take the $50 and give them the certificate. Nothing goes on a show right now. But when the person who has the certificate calls me, can I order their product on a show I have going on? I would just pay for it using the $50 I have been holding??

Do I have it right and is there anything I am missing? THANKS!

The origional purchased from HO counts for the show it is purchased on. You can also order this as an Individual order as well. You receive commission on the purchase, not the redemption and yes they can only redeem it through HO.

If you make up a GC and don't use the HO one, then yes it can only be used through you, they have to give you their order. You wait for the order and either add it to a show (direct ship to the customer, they pay for shipping and tax) or use the Individual Order for this order as well.

I hope this helps!!

Yes HO Gift cerficates count toward show sales and you do get commission on the sale of the gift certificate. The drawback on them is if someone has a $50 gift certificate and buys $70....the remaining $20 goes to home office since the gift certificate would be redeemed through them. You also lose the gift certificate recipient as a order contact and potential future booking. I haven't sold any yet, but when I do I am selling my own. Like you said, when the recepient calls YOU, then you use the money you put aside from the sale of the GC and then the customer can pay the difference of whatever else they are ordering.

I gave a GC from HO as a prize once and never knew when it was redeemed, except the gal e-mailed me and said she had used it at the PC website. Could not use it on mine. So when I do anymore GCs I'll make up my own, too.

Thanks for clarifying. I have to call someone tonight about Gift Certificates and I wanted to give her correct info.

Also, do the ones from HO expire?

And does anyone put expiration dates on ones that you do yourself?

If I issue my own, can the person go to my website and order? Does it give an option for Cift Certificate, then I would have to enter it into P3???

Thanks!

Last edited:

1. What is the difference between an official PC gift certificate and a certificate from a consultant?

An official PC gift certificate can be used to purchase any product from the Pampered Chef website or through a consultant. The value of the certificate can also be applied towards shipping and taxes. Certificates from a consultant can only be used towards products purchased directly from that consultant and cannot be applied towards shipping or taxes.

2. Can I use both an official PC gift certificate and a certificate from a consultant on the same order?

Yes, you can use both types of certificates on the same order. However, the value of the certificates cannot exceed the total amount of the order. If the value of the certificates is more than the order total, the remaining balance will not be applied to future orders.

3. Do gift certificates expire?

Official PC gift certificates do not expire. However, certificates from a consultant may have an expiration date set by the consultant. It is important to check the expiration date before using the certificate.

4. Can I use a gift certificate to purchase sale or clearance items?

Yes, both official PC gift certificates and certificates from a consultant can be used towards the purchase of sale or clearance items. However, the value of the certificate cannot exceed the total amount of the order.

5. Can I return a product purchased with a gift certificate?

Products purchased with a gift certificate can be returned for a refund or exchange. However, the refund will be issued in the form of a new gift certificate and not in cash. If the product was purchased with a certificate from a consultant, the return must be processed through that consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisasfuncooking
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • dawn424383
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • TropicalChef