• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Uncovering the Truth About Shipping Increases

L
ltkacz
Did I miss something? Did shipping increase???

It looks like the shipping increased for direct ship online orders and for Alaska and Hawaii.

Tracy

I was thinking of you, Gillian, when I read about the Alaska shipping increases! We need a plan to help your guests not be po'd!

Thanks Paige! It sucks, but could have been worse, I guess. I am holding a PartyLite show for my SIL right now and the shipping is 20% capping off at $30!! Their stuff weighs 1/10th of what our does!!

According to the Weekly Bites email that came yesterday:

o A level has been added for orders totaling $130 and over. The base rate will be 11%.
o Customers in Alaska and Hawaii will need to add $5 to all base shipping rates.
o 2-Day Air charges have increased by $5, so the new charge for 2-Day Air will be $15. That charge will be in addition to the base rate, which varies based on order value.
o Next Day charges have increased by $1, so the new charge for Next Day will be $20. That charge will be in addition to the base rate, which varies based on order value.

From that verbiage, I was assuming that we would be having graduated shipping costs (e.g. $4.00 for orders between $XX - $XX, and so on), based on the order's retail total. Did anyone else read it that way??

Wow! I think the Partylite cosultants will have a very hard time. What is their plan for "getting around" the shipping charge?

I had a builder buy closing gifts/holiday employee gifts in December. I submitted it as one order and put it in as a catalog show. HO held the show and called me asking if it was a "real" show. I think they were perturbed because it was HEAVY boxes with 22 carving boards and only $4 shipping was paid. At first the HO associate told me that it's not a real show because he didn't collect any orders. I responded that I am able to boost alot of phone orders to at least $150 in sales by offering the host benefits at that level. And often that original call which may have only been a $50-$70 order ends up being over $300 because they want a 1/2 price item, too. I told her that I would post it on here that there were rules for a catalog show to "count" as a catalog show so that nobody else's orders get held up at Christmastime.

Anyway, I think she second-guessed herself because I got a message that she wanted me to talk to another HO staff who wouldn't be in for 4 more days before I posted on here. The second HO staff never did contact me, so it never was resolved.

Anyway, maybe I did "work" the system, but they got a $2300 "catalog show" out of it! Not to mention all the upsells they get when we turn call-in orders into $150 or even $300 "catalog shows". I guess it all evens out in the end.

jeanniec said:
According to the Weekly Bites email that came yesterday:

o A level has been added for orders totaling $130 and over. The base rate will be 11%.
o Customers in Alaska and Hawaii will need to add $5 to all base shipping rates.
o 2-Day Air charges have increased by $5, so the new charge for 2-Day Air will be $15. That charge will be in addition to the base rate, which varies based on order value.
o Next Day charges have increased by $1, so the new charge for Next Day will be $20. That charge will be in addition to the base rate, which varies based on order value.

From that verbiage, I was assuming that we would be having graduated shipping costs (e.g. $4.00 for orders between $XX - $XX, and so on), based on the order's retail total. Did anyone else read it that way??

These increases are for direct ship online orders only. It does not appear that any thing has changed for regualr orders, except for Alaska and Hawaii.

The direct shipped orders that they are referring to have always been a varied rate, and all PC is saying is that they can regular direct ship for regular prices, but if they want 2nd day or next day it is going to cost more than it does now. All the cooking show info was only for Alaska & Hawaii...

I've been reading all the news we've been getting the last few days and really appreciate people at Leadership sharing, it's been very exciting. I live in Alaska, born and raised, and unfortunately a dreadfully anxious flyer! (Have earned 4 trips, only flew on one of them!)

Getting knowledge of the conference has been wonderful, for the most part... When I heard we were switching shipping carriers however, I knew my shipping was going up and have grave concerns over it. I have been selling 5 years this month. I love PC! However, as a consumer who lives in Alaska, I've always shied away from purchasing from Company's that penalize me as a customer by tacking on handling fees, in addition to shipping. Now there will be a flat fee in addition to the 15% on all orders? I'm wondering if it is still 2 Day shipping, it sounds like that's changed too~with an additional amount for 2 Day (or maybe that's just for the Direct Shipping) I know that many of my customers share these feelings....I'm trying very hard to come up with a positive view of this change. I have friends that are DS's of other Companies of which one charges 25% shipping, OUCH!....needless to say her sales pale in comparison because of the shipping. Everyone balks at 15% shipping, but I think they had gotten used to it, but now well...I wish the HO would have considered another alternative....we may not be contiguous but we are USA Continental! We just have our neighbors (Canada :0) in between.

I'm waiting to get specifics in writing before jumping to conclusions but it doesn't sound positive for thouse outside the 48 states.

Maybe they should consider putting a Field Plant here for distribution to AK, HI and CA! PLEASE share any positive thoughts you may have to encourage faithful customers patronage!
Sincerely, Kim

Last edited:
I'd research what the consultants of other companies have come up with. Someone must have figured out a plan for you!

Related to Uncovering the Truth About Shipping Increases

1. Did I miss something?

It is possible that you may have missed the news about shipping increases. Shipping rates and fees can change frequently, so it is important to stay updated on industry news.

2. Did shipping increase???

Yes, shipping rates have increased in recent years. This is due to a variety of factors, including rising fuel costs, labor costs, and changes in international trade policies.

3. Why did shipping rates increase?

Shipping rates are affected by several factors, including fuel costs, labor costs, and supply and demand. As these factors change, shipping rates may also change, resulting in an increase or decrease.

4. How will the shipping increases impact consumers?

The shipping increases can impact consumers in several ways. They may see higher prices for products, longer delivery times, or additional fees for certain shipping services.

5. What can be done about the shipping increases?

As a consumer, there are a few things you can do to mitigate the impact of shipping increases. You can shop around for the best shipping rates, combine orders to reduce overall shipping costs, and consider alternative shipping methods such as local pickup or delivery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jess_K
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
missydivine
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
Replies
Views
Nep2nfly