• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ultimate Guide to Hosting a Successful Open House - Tips and Ideas"

In summary, the conversation discusses the planning and execution of an open house event to showcase and sell products. The participants suggest holding the event on a Saturday or Sunday at either late morning or evening, and recommend advertising and hosting techniques such as offering a special, sending out email invitations, and providing recipe cards and outlet order sheets. Some also mention the importance of considering the timing and weather, and personally inviting guests. Success stories and tips are shared, including having a start time and a small demo or walkthrough of products.
redsoxgirl
I'm planning on doing an Open House in August to show off the new stuff and sell the old stuff before it's gone (someone here mentioned it.... can't remember who, but thanks for the suggestion!!)

I was wondering what a good time for that sort of thing is.
I'm planning on a Saturday or Sunday and was thinking either late morning (10 or 11ish) or evening (6 or 7ish).

What do you guys do when you have these sorts of things?

I just did one and it bombed. I'm afraid there wasn't enough advertising, and being that it's summer and hot I don't think people wanted to go to an open house. It was during a week night. From 5p-8p.

I am doing another one in September and I'm going to advertise the heck out of it. I am going to still do it on a week night, but it will be after school has started and people will be less likely to be on vacation and it won't be so darn hot out. And maybe the gas prices will have backed off a little bit, though I'm not holding out too much hope on that.

I do an open house special where if they fill out a customer care card and get added to my newsletter the get entered into a drawing where they can win $5, $10, or $20 in free product. Then I do a small door prize (like a Season's Best or Citrus Peeler). I also did a booking special where if they booked a show within the next two months they received a coupon for $25 in free product when they held their show on the original booked date.

Many people (myself included) have better results with an actual start time, and a small demo or small "walk through the catty"

Make sure you "host coach" yourself! Personally invite, mail invites, do reminder calls....

I have been told by a few ppl they like things earlier or later in the day. not in the middle as it messes up your whole day. good luck. I did one a few weeks back and only had three show up out of 30. I think its just a busy time of year. maybe sept would be a better bet

I've done an open house 2 years in a row - both in early November just before the holiday. They both have been very successfull - first year it was $500 show - this past year it was a $900 show! WHOO HOO.

I've always done them on a Saturday morning - from 10-1. First year I did it from 10-2 - no one came between 1 & 2. This past year I thought it was perfect - 10-1. No demo. I just had everything possible on display. I had a ton of munchies for everyone. I gave recipe cards wrapped up in ribbon (the ones you get on supply order form). Anyone who placed an order got a season's best.

I always get a ton of compliments on how nice it is. So, I will of course continue to do it.

Few suggestions:

1) E-mail out the invites about a month in advance. Then e-mail again at 2 weeks before your event, then again about 2 days prior. This has worked really well for me.

2) Don't bother with mailing. The first year I mailed to everyone I didn't have an e-mail for - wasn't worth the postage nor the time.

3) Send an e-mail out the day after (to everyone you originally invited) saying thanks for coming, and you can still get in on the event by ordering within the next week.

4) Print out what's on the outlet. Have it available at your open house. You can put 1 big order in with everyone who wants to order outlet items. It saves them money - typically it works out to be $3 or $4 shipping split amoung a bunch of people. This past year I received over $100 in outlet orders for just having the sheet available. That was like icing on the cake.

ltkacz said:
I've done an open house 2 years in a row - both in early November just before the holiday. They both have been very successfull - first year it was $500 show - this past year it was a $900 show! WHOO HOO.

I've always done them on a Saturday morning - from 10-1. First year I did it from 10-2 - no one came between 1 & 2. This past year I thought it was perfect - 10-1. No demo. I just had everything possible on display. I had a ton of munchies for everyone. I gave recipe cards wrapped up in ribbon (the ones you get on supply order form). Anyone who placed an order got a season's best.

I always get a ton of compliments on how nice it is. So, I will of course continue to do it.

Few suggestions:

1) E-mail out the invites about a month in advance. Then e-mail again at 2 weeks before your event, then again about 2 days prior. This has worked really well for me.

2) Don't bother with mailing. The first year I mailed to everyone I didn't have an e-mail for - wasn't worth the postage nor the time.

3) Send an e-mail out the day after (to everyone you originally invited) saying thanks for coming, and you can still get in on the event by ordering within the next week.

4) Print out what's on the outlet. Have it available at your open house. You can put 1 big order in with everyone who wants to order outlet items. It saves them money - typically it works out to be $3 or $4 shipping split amoung a bunch of people. This past year I received over $100 in outlet orders for just having the sheet available. That was like icing on the cake.

Thanks for all the tips!
I like the outlet tip! But I've got one question....

If people are coming and going, how do you charge for shipping? Do you just charge a flat $2 or $3 for everyone or do you wait till the end and then tell them what it is?

ltkacz said:

Few suggestions:

I love all these suggestions and am so totally going to use some of them!!

Related to Ultimate Guide to Hosting a Successful Open House - Tips and Ideas"

1. What are some tips for creating an inviting atmosphere at an open house?

Decorate your space with warm, welcoming colors and scents. Use soft lighting and play some background music. Set up comfortable seating areas for guests to relax and mingle.

2. How can I promote my open house to attract more attendees?

Utilize social media and email marketing to spread the word about your open house. Consider offering incentives or discounts for guests who bring a friend. You can also reach out to local businesses and community organizations to help promote your event.

3. What are some ideas for food and drinks to serve at an open house?

Opt for finger foods and appetizers that are easy to eat and won't make a mess. Consider offering a mix of savory and sweet options, along with some non-alcoholic beverages. Pampered Chef also has a variety of delicious recipes specifically designed for open house events.

4. How can I incorporate product demonstrations into my open house?

Set up stations around your space where guests can see and try out Pampered Chef products. You can also have a designated area for live cooking demonstrations and encourage guests to participate.

5. What are some ways to thank guests for attending my open house?

Consider offering a small gift or discount to guests who make a purchase at your open house. You can also have a raffle or giveaway for a Pampered Chef product. Make sure to personally thank each guest for coming and ask for their feedback on the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • pamperedape
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jwagner75