• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ugh! Just Got Home From Show...

In summary, Anne had a show at her neighbor's across the street and it was chaotic. She forgot some of her planned activities and people were talking and carrying on. She did well in comparison to other shows she has done.
pamperedlinda said:
Okay, so this afternoon I tried out Rae's Walk Through the Catalog show. I have to say that I liked it. We played the Got It/Love It/Got a Question game as we went through the catalog. It felt a little odd at first since the first several pages are new products that no one yet had, but once we got into the meatier sections of the catalog it went pretty well. There were about 15 people at this show and it took us about an hour to go through the catalog. Must have been great because orders are sitting at $1065 and she still has about 5 or 6 more to collect. I'm trying this again on my Tuesday show so hopefully it will be a little more smooth.

Congratulations! I'm so glad to hear this worked well for you.

What is Rae's Walk through the Catalog? I am a new consultant and I'm having my first real show in two weeks and I need some Idea for a smooth show.

torres said:
What is Rae's Walk through the Catalog? I am a new consultant and I'm having my first real show in two weeks and I need some Idea for a smooth show.

In our Recipe For Success book that you got with your starter kit they include 3 recipes and scripts. You may want to pick one of those and just practice, practice, practice. Yes your family may get tired of the food and hearing your speil but I've heard this really works and wish I'd done it.

torres said:

I don't know that I'd call it "Rae's" walk through the catalog (the idea really didn't originate with me), but it's fairly simple.

I bring something already made. The guests fill their plates as they arrive. About 10 to 15 minutes after the "start" of the show, I begin my demo. Just like at a traditional cooking show, I introduce myself, have the guests introduce themselves, and go over the specials.

At the point that I would normally start a recipe, I simply have them take out the catalog and go through it with them page by page. I choose an item or two on each page and talk about what a great product it is. I combine the pages for cookware, Simple Additions, and stoneware.

To make the show interactive, I tell them as we're opening the catalog that we will be playing the Have It! Love It! Got a Question! game. My apron pockets are filled with candies. When I mention a product, the first one to yell, "Have it! Love it!" and explain to the group why they love it gets a candy. I also toss candies to anyone asking a question about a product or about the business. When we reach the end of the catalog, the person with the most candies (or empty wrappers) gets a prize.

It makes the show seem shorter, because everyone's involved. There's also no time spent waiting for the recipe to cook. It works well for me. I've been doing this for almost a year now. I'd be glad to answer any other questions. Feel free to send me a personal message.

I've had a few shows like that as well and I've just learned to let it go. It's not about the demonstration. If you play a couple of games that gets them thinking about hosting shows and selling the products that are interactive then you've got them. Especially when they are familiar with PC and love it. I do the majority of my getting to talk to guests when we are filling out the order form.
I know that it can be frustrating but I get through the demo as quickly as possible and sit with the guests for longer.
I haven't tried the poker game yet but it sounds like that would really keep them on track and interested.
Sandy

First let me say that I love the "Got It/Love It/Question" game and will definitely be using it. In regards to losing your place during your presentation, I'm a bit of a nerd and have completely written out my presentation, then put talking points in powerpoint and run it on my laptop, only facing me, to use as talking points. It also tells me what I need for my recipe (oven time, amount of ingredients, etc.). In my full time job, I've had a number of presentation classes and they have recommended writing your full presentation out, then identifying talking points as it gives you more confidence.

Thats a great idea about the laptop!

Love the "have it, love it, got a ? gameThanks Rae for walking us through it, one step at a time. I am also going to try this. You guys give alot of confidence to try something new! There is strength in numbers!! Kim:D

raebates said:
To make the show interactive, I tell them as we're opening the catalog that we will be playing the Have It! Love It! Got a Question! game. My apron pockets are filled with candies. When I mention a product, the first one to yell, "Have it! Love it!" and explain to the group why they love it gets a candy. I also toss candies to anyone asking a question about a product or about the business. When we reach the end of the catalog, the person with the most candies (or empty wrappers) gets a prize.

It makes the show seem shorter, because everyone's involved. There's also no time spent waiting for the recipe to cook. It works well for me. I've been doing this for almost a year now. I'd be glad to answer any other questions. Feel free to send me a personal message.

I played this game at a show I went to approx 4 years ago with my mother-in-law and I had the most fun ever. I loved it and everyone was laughing and having a great time. it is still the best show in my memory, even after some of the lady's started giving e.o glances after they said "so your the one who married Angies's baby boy". I still wonder what she told them about me & besides he was 25 when we got married, but like all men still a big baby

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Alicia Denman
Replies