• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying Something New: [Name]s' Recipe Adventure!

In summary, these chocolate bliss cups are one word - ADDICTIVE and are described as little bites of heaven. They are easy to make and have been a huge hit at several shows. It is recommended to start the ganache before the show as it takes a while to set. Toppings can be added at the end, such as chopped nuts, cherries, coconut flakes, and sprinkles. The cups are easy to remove from the pan, even without spraying, showing the effectiveness of the pan. Some tips for making them include giving the ganache extra time to set, not using a bag but instead spooning the ganache into the cups, and using white chocolate chips for half of the batch. Leftover ganache can be
kcjodih
Gold Member
Has anyone made these yet? If so, how were they (taste)? Did your guests like them? How were they to make? Any tips/things you'd change from the recipe itself to make it better/easier/improve? My recruit is making these at a show next week and has never tried them or made them before. Sooo much braver than I :)

one word - ADDICTIVE

:D :D :D

or maybe......little bites of heaven!

I've only had 3 chocolate bliss shows - but these little bites were the biggest hit of each of the shows!

Just make sure you start the ganache before the show. It takes a little while to set.

They're very easy, very tasty and lots of fun to make. I've made these since my first show and love 'em. They come together very easily and show off a number of products. They're very interactive too especially for those who really don't want to pitch in.. at the end, after the ganache is put into the cups (I don't mess with the bag - I just spoon the ganache in straight from the bowl) let folks put their own toppings on... she can have at the ready, chopped nuts, cherries, coconut flakes, assorted sprinkles and such (like rainbow sprinkles and what not - I usually ask folks what they have on hand... they often like to show off those festive sprinkles folks have a tendency to pick up and then not have a use for LOL).. The best part about the cups is I consistently forget to spray the pan, yet they still pop right out with the help of a spoon. Helps to show how well the pan works, if you ask me! LOL

I have made these at 1 show and at home twice. Everyone seems to love them. I put mini m-n-m's on them and sent them to school for my DD's 5th b-day on Mon. She said all the kids loved them (except 1 that doesn't like chocolate - what did her parents do to her?) My DD said the principal even came down to have one. They are really easy to make.

Toppings? Who needs toppings?I made a batch of these for my show, dropped some off at a business and plan to take them to a desert reception at church. Took a few to work and everybody loved them.A few tips:* It's OK to give the ganache a little longer to set up.
• The bag just makes a bigger mess.
• I don't take them out of the pan before I ganache them. Just spoon the stuff in with the Mix and Scraper.
• I used white chocolate chips for half of mine. For reasons I cannot fathom (maybe it's the cheap chips I got at Aldis) the chocolate set up better than the white.)
• They don't have to be refrigerated all the time, but it helps them set up if you put them in the fridge for a little while.I never thought of doing them AT a show. Just too much running back and forth between the microwave and freezer for my tastes. I like to have them sitting on a plate to show what you can do with the mini muffin pan.Anybody know what I can do with the leftover ganache?

Anybody know what I can do with the leftover ganache?

Make another batch - that's what I did!

But does it keep? What if you don't have time until a few hours later or the next day.

It sets up after a while .... If you put it into the cups with a knife, does it look the same?

I'm would think you could pop it back in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it.

I made these to bring to my eye appt. Nice to treat the office. They really loved them. I can't really have sweets anymore (thanks to God's intervention) so I have to trust others opinions. I also brought a sample to an upcoming host for her to choose it if she likes. Otherwise, suggesting the truffles recipe from the Cooking for Two cookbook. I CAN have that (no added sugar).

I'm confused...
this recipe is a new consultant one...(last page of SBRC)...and it seems SO complicated.

Do you think it's a good show recipe?
I'm thinking have the brownie part done at my house before I go to the show...and just finish it off at the show..???

Di_Can_Cook said:
But does it keep? What if you don't have time until a few hours later or the next day.

It sets up after a while .... If you put it into the cups with a knife, does it look the same?
I would keep the extra in the frig till you are ready to use it. Then, just warm it back up in the micro and use!

Or...squeeze it out of the bag into your mouth and use up what's left over!!:rolleyes: You think I am kidding. Tastes really good!

It's pretty easy. I did it at my 3rd show - unpracticed, along with the 3 cheese veggie pizza. They turned out great.

ChefNic said:
I'm confused...
this recipe is a new consultant one...(last page of SBRC)...and it seems SO complicated.

Do you think it's a good show recipe?
I'm thinking have the brownie part done at my house before I go to the show...and just finish it off at the show..???

It's not that complicated so long as you follow it step by step. I made them, unrehearsed for my first show and 2nd show... they were a big hit at both!

My hubby puts the left over ganache on his ice cream, or straight to his mouth with a spoon.

It depends on where you do your show as to whether it would work for you.If it's held in the kitchen (my sister's show was there and mine should have been because the lighting was better) then it would work OK.Otherwise there's too much running between the microwave and the freezer. Also, you're not using many of your tools. Just the mini muffin pan, the tart shaper, the batter bowl, wisk and scraper. No cutting, chopping, stoneware or anything else.

I made them for an Open House a few weeks ago and people LOVED them! I filled the Easy Accent Decorator with Cool-Whip and left it out with some prep-bowls with sprinkels and stuff in them for people to decorate as they liked.

They're not hard to make, but you have to wait around for the ganache a bit. I just let it cool till the heat was gone. It was still a bit runny, but once I put it in the cups, it didn't take too long for it to set.

Maybe make them before hand and bring them with you?

Di_Can_Cook said:
It depends on where you do your show as to whether it would work for you.

If it's held in the kitchen (my sister's show was there and mine should have been because the lighting was better) then it would work OK.

Otherwise there's too much running between the microwave and the freezer.

Also, you're not using many of your tools. Just the mini muffin pan, the tart shaper, the batter bowl, wisk and scraper. No cutting, chopping, stoneware or anything else.[/QUOTE]

If I were doing this at a show, I think I would add more products to use, like the food chopper to chop the nuts on top, or the EAD or the DBS for some toppings,etc.

You're also using the measuring tools, like the measure all where you can show how easily you can measure the choco chips then turn it around and measure the cream. You can use the top viewing measuring cup to show how you can take it right out of the microwave without burning your fingers thanks to the little silicon gripper thinger (I'm so about the technical terms - can you tell? LOL)... you can use the food chopper to chop nuts, the saute pan to toast said nuts (almonds would be great for this) and the knife to cut up some pieces of maraschino cherries or other fruits/toppings. Also work in the sprinkles we have and you will sell them too. Not to mention your prep bowls for keeping said toppings (and to show how extra toppings can be kept for next time thanks to the little lids).. Once you use your imagination you'll be amazed at what items you can work into the demo.

The ganache took so long to set. Any hints?

I've found it depends on the freezer. In mine at home... it took a LOT longer than in my friend's freezer. In hers it set up in not time at all... I even remarked at how great hers was and she was like "really? I thought my fridge was dying"... I laughed and told her how awful mine is to help put it in perspective but the way the ganache set up so quickly in hers.. convinced me that it's all dependent on the freezer. BTW, it's still good even if it doesn't set up completely... it's just a little more messy and possibly more fun depending on who's at the party.

Do you guys think this would be a recipe that could be used at an open house (away from my home - in a Tech College center)? If I made them a day ahead of time and kept them cold, would they still taste good? Thanks in advance!

ConnieR said:
Do you guys think this would be a recipe that could be used at an open house (away from my home - in a Tech College center)? If I made them a day ahead of time and kept them cold, would they still taste good? Thanks in advance!

They would work great! I think they are just as good the next day.

They keep! You do not have to keep them refrigerated, either. I have put them in the frig or freezer just to set up the ganache, but after that you can keep them out on the counter.

I have done 1/2 of them with milk chocolate and 1/2 with white chocolate ganache. They look stunning on a medium or large SA square alternating colors...you know...in straight little rows!

I disagree with some advice
Di_Can_Cook said:
Toppings? Who needs toppings? I 2nd that, but I personally liked the whipped topping instead of the cherry - personal preference. I topped them with cool whip and chopped toasted almonds. YUM!

A few tips:

* It's OK to give the ganache a little longer to set up. ABSOLUTELY! I found it does take longer than directed, but thought my cream was too hot.
• The bag just makes a bigger mess. I completely disagree...I would always use a bag! But I'm messy with a spoon. What tool did you use to fill them?
• I don't take them out of the pan before I ganache them. Just spoon the stuff in with the Mix and Scraper. Why not??? Thet display beautifully on SA, and didn't you have trouble removing them after filling them?
• I used white chocolate chips for half of mine. For reasons I cannot fathom (maybe it's the cheap chips I got at Aldis) the chocolate set up better than the white.) Didn't try white, but hubby is a chocoaholic!
• They don't have to be refrigerated all the time, but it helps them set up if you put them in the fridge for a little while. I agree!

I never thought of doing them AT a show. Just too much running back and forth between the microwave and freezer for my tastes. I like to have them sitting on a plate to show what you can do with the mini muffin pan.

Anybody know what I can do with the leftover ganache? EAT IT! :D I guess you could make more brownies too. :D

My comments are in red
Also, if you are not doing your demo in a kitchen, have your host help...she may sign after seeing how easy it is! You can make the ganache as soon as you get there so it has plenty of time to set up. This way you could just finish up the recipe in front of the crowd and still have time for a knife, cookware and stone demo/talk.

wondering where the actual recipe is for the truffle brownies. . saw it demonstrated at a training show last night and REALLY want to use it at my holiday open house this weekend but the Consultant who prepared it didnt remember where she got if and was gonna "pass it on as soon as she could" anyone?

AmandaKeyser said:
wondering where the actual recipe is for the truffle brownies. . saw it demonstrated at a training show last night and REALLY want to use it at my holiday open house this weekend but the Consultant who prepared it didnt remember where she got if and was gonna "pass it on as soon as she could" anyone?

Found on consultant's corner, under recipes, season's best fall/winter 07 :)

The Pampered Chef ®
Truffle Brownie Cups
Recipe

Nonstick cooking spray with flour
1 2/3 cups (400 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
2 tbsp (30 mL) butter (do not substitute margarine)
1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup (150 mL) all-purpose flour
3/4 cup (175 mL) heavy whipping cream
Assorted garnishes such as orange zest, maraschino cherries, toasted sliced almonds and whipped topping (optional)

Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Spray wells of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with nonstick cooking spray with flour. Place 2/3 cup (150 mL) of the chocolate chips and butter into Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 40-60 seconds or until smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval. Add sugar and egg to batter bowl; mix until blended. Add flour; mix just until flour is incorporated. Using two teaspoons, divide batter evenly among wells, filling wells about two-thirds full. Using Mini-Tart Shaper, gently tap batter to create level tops. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are set. (Do not overbake.)

Meanwhile, pour cream into Easy Read Measuring Cup; microwave on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until hot. Pour cream into clean batter bowl with remaining cup chocolate chips; whisk until smooth with Stainless Whisk. Place batter bowl into freezer 10-12 minutes or until mixture is cool and starting to thicken, stirring after each 5-minute interval. Spoon ganache into resealable plastic bag.

Remove pan from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 2 minutes. Press tops of brownies with Mini-Tart Shaper to make indentations. Cool in pan 3 minutes. Carefully remove brownies from pan. Trim corner of bag using Utility Knife to allow ganache to flow through. Pipe ganache into brownie cups. Garnish as desired.

Yield: 24 servings

Per serving: (1 brownie cup): Calories 120, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 14 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 15 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cook's Tip: It's best to use a nonstick cooking spray containing flour when baking these brownie cups. In a pinch, brush wells with melted butter, then sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa using the Flour/Sugar Shaker. Tap out excess cocoa.

I make these wonder bite's of heaven for all of my open houses and home parties. They really are very very simple. My one suggestion is to use actualy shortening to coat the mini muffin pan. I would not do these for a show, they do not show enough high ticket items or use enough items to demostrate.
My sister is actually paying me to make a triple batch for a "Couple's Gathering" she is having.

When I started, this was my second recipe. I would quickly make the cupcakes before guests arrive and then I'd make the topping at the show. I'd have them use the microplane to zest an orange, use whip cream in the EAD, and chop up a few nuts with the food chopper. Every Guest loved this recipe!

What is "Trying Something New: [Name]s' Recipe Adventure!"?

"Trying Something New: [Name]s' Recipe Adventure!" is a program offered by Pampered Chef that encourages customers to step out of their comfort zone and try new recipes using our products.

How does "Trying Something New: [Name]s' Recipe Adventure!" work?

Each month, we provide a new recipe for customers to try. The recipe will feature a specific Pampered Chef product that can be purchased through our website or through a consultant. Customers can then share their experience and photos on social media using the hashtag #PCRecipeAdventure.

Do I have to be a Pampered Chef customer to participate in "Trying Something New: [Name]s' Recipe Adventure!"?

No, anyone can participate! However, we highly recommend using Pampered Chef products for the best results.

Can I suggest a recipe for "Trying Something New: [Name]s' Recipe Adventure!"?

Yes, we love hearing from our customers! You can submit your recipe suggestions through our website or by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant.

Are there any rewards for participating in "Trying Something New: [Name]s' Recipe Adventure!"?

Yes, we offer rewards for those who share their experience and photos on social media using the hashtag #PCRecipeAdventure. These rewards may include discounts on products or exclusive recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • byrd1956