• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Try Me Stations? Need Suggestions

In summary, the host would prefer that the food be prepared and there be "try me" stations set up for guests to sample the products they are interested in. Teresa has some great ideas for "try me" stations. One suggestion is using a food chopper and some nuts, candy and veggies. Another idea is using garlic press and some garlic. Another suggestion is using the Ultimate Mandoline to cut potatoes. The other favorite suggestion is using the forged utility knife to cut a potato. Teresa also has a great suggestion for using the Apple peeler/corer/slicer. Another suggestion is using the can opener to open fruit cocktail and put into sample size cups. Another suggestion is using the salad spinner to keep lettuce wet. Another
ivy5683
My HWC host would prefer that we have the food prepared and that we set up some 'try me' stations to let her guests sample the products they are interested in... now I've got a couple ideas but need some more. What's your best 'try me' suggestion?

Here are mine so far:
food chopper and some nuts, candy and veggies
garlic press and some garlic of course
EAD, frosting and some parchment paper to practice on
Forged Cutlery and Potatoes - Thank you HockeyLover
Microplane adj. grater and parmesan - Thank you Amanda
Santoku knife and pineapple - Thank you Amanda

Last edited:
My guests LOVE using the Ultimate Mandoline! Well, once they get over the fear of it and see how easy it is. I usually just demo it with limes and lemons because they smell soooo good!

The other favorite of mine is cutting a potato with the forged utility knife. Many people are like I was, using a cheap $4 serrated steak knife for all their cutting. I used to hate cutting potatoes because it took forever. Now it's fun. I tell that story and have them dice some potatoes to see just how amazing the knives are.

Maybe it's because I get so excited about the products that they get so excited to try them...

Apple peeler/corer/slicer - perfect time of year

Can opener - open fruit cocktail and put into sample size cups

salad spinner - just keep wetting the lettuce with a few drop of bottled water

pastry cutter - use refrigerated pie crust - just a small amount each time - even let them reroll out what they cut with the bakers roller on the pastry mat and then don't forget the creative cutters - all of these are great for this time of the year.

:chef:

Microplane adj. grater and parmesan would be a fun one. I love showing the 2 different ways it sets up and also how you can use it with or without the hopper thing. I love showing the Santoku knife. Used it on fresh pineapple. People love learning how to cut a fresh one. But that requires you to explain the initial part. But then, they can take over and try it out. (unless pineapple is too expensive right now, not sure, I was doing it at my summer shows.)

ooh, Teresa, your ideas are way better than mine! ;) Suits the season better.

Do you have cookware? Bring one of your pots, and use one of the host's pots of a similar size, and boil equal amounts of water. Then, tell the guests how much time you save cooking by using the cookware (I just received my 7 pc Executive Cookware from the Sept special, and LOVE IT!!!!!! - will definitely be demoing it this way from now on!).

I don't have any cookware yet but I may try to borrow one, that's a great idea!

You can even try it in the 8" saucepan you received with your kit.

Related to Try Me Stations? Need Suggestions

What is a "Try Me Station"?

A "Try Me Station" is a setup at a Pampered Chef party where guests can sample and try out our products before making a purchase.

Do I have to buy anything at the "Try Me Station"?

No, there is no obligation to purchase anything at the "Try Me Station." It is simply a fun and interactive way for guests to experience our products.

Can I request specific products to be featured at the "Try Me Station"?

Yes, you can make requests for specific products to be included at the "Try Me Station." Our consultants will do their best to accommodate these requests.

How do I know which products are available at the "Try Me Station"?

Our consultants will have a list of available products at the "Try Me Station" and will also be happy to answer any questions about specific products you are interested in trying.

Is there a limit to how many times I can visit the "Try Me Station"?

No, you are welcome to visit the "Try Me Station" as many times as you'd like during the party. We want to make sure you have a chance to try out all of our amazing products!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • SummerG
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
angmillar
  • AJPratt