• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tropical Main Dish Ideas: Aloha Pizza and Dulche De Leche Cups

In summary, the host does not seem that excited about the recipes that were suggested. The Tropical Dream Trifle recipe was not exciting the hosts. There are some recipes that were suggested that the host could try. The meatballs were delicious and the teriyaki sauce added a nice flavor.
Kathytnt
There are not a lot of main dish ideas for the Tropical Theme ANy suggestions? My host on Tuesday didn't seem that excited about the recipes I did for my saturday show (suggestions, she wasn't at the show._ Aloha Pizza and Dulche De Leche Cups
Her reply to my suggestion was Ok, I guess we can go with that.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement

I am limited because I do not have some of the tools to make other items like the Jerk Chicken Salad unless I cook the chicken ahead of time. I don't have the cookware

You could make the citrus pork loin salad recipe in the new seasons best it is yummy and you cook it on stoneware!! Check it out!!

None of the Taste of the Tropics recipes have been exciting my hosts -- recently I've done several Chicken Club Rings, Chicken broccoli ring and the Harvest Chicken Salad (and my bookings have requested the recipe so they can make ahead of time for their shows if they select another recipe to demo).

The Jerk Chicken Salad is really good! You could make that and use the pre-cooked chicken strips you find in the deli section at the grocery store. You could also try the shrimp ceviche cups. They are very good. My director just used wonton wrappers instead of cutting the tortillas.

Be creativeYou don't have to use the SB recipes. There are some that I found, oldies but goodies that I have tweaked. This is an old trifle recipe and now we have a trifle bowl, it was originally made fot the chillzane bowl:

Tropical Dream Trifle

1 frozen prepared pound cake (10.75 ounces)
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1 lime
1 large banana, chopped
1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced

Cut pound cake into 3/4-inch cubes; place in large bowl of 4-Piece
Colander & Bowl Set. Add pineapple; toss gently and set aside.

Zest lime using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1 teaspoon zest.
Juice lime using Juicer to measure 1 tablespoon juice. Chop banana
using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine banana, lime juice and
lime zest; mix well.

Attach open star tip to Easy Accent(R) Decorator. Fill decorator
with whipped topping; set aside. Add remaining whipped topping, sour
cream and powdered sugar to banana mixture; mix well using Classic
Scraper.

To assemble trifle, place one-third of the cake cubes into bottom
of Trifle. Top with one-third of filling mixture, spreading
evenly. Repeat layers two more times. Sprinkle coconut over top of
trifle. Pipe rosettes of reserved whipped topping around edge of bowl.
Slice kiwi using Egg Slicer Plus(R). Cut slices in half and place
between rosettes. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.

Yield: 10 servings

Hawaiian Meatballs You can serve these over spaghetti or other pasta

2 (8 oz.) cans pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
1/2 C. red or green pepper (or a combination of both)
1 tsp. ginger
1 lb. ground fresh turkey (or ground beef)
1/2 C. green onion slices
1/2 C. plain dry bread crumbs
1/2 tsp. salt
1 C. teriyaki sauce

Preheat oven to 400°F. Drain pineapple. reserving juice; set aside. Finely chop peppers. In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup of pineapple juice, pepper, ginger, turkey, onion, bread crumbs and salt; mix gently but thoroughly. Shape meat mixture into balls; place in a deep dish baker. Pour teriyaki sauce over meatballs; mix lightly to coat meatballs evenly. Bake 30 minutes. Place 1 piece of pineapple on each party pick. Add meatball and serve. Yields 10 meatballs.

Approximately 80 calories and 3g fat per serving (2 meatballs)

Hope this helps.
Debbie :D

Yeah the Taste of Tropic recipes are either too complicated to show it seems like..or just bla. I go back to the basics.

Any of the rings are always a hit. The Reuben and the Turkey Cranberry are really good. I am just tired of the chicken broccoli as I have done it so many times now but the guests always rave. The Aloha Pizza was nice and colorful and very tasty so if I had to pick one out of SB, it would be that one. The others are way to complicated to do at a show anyway. Again, you could stay in the "theme" of the tropics and do the Jamaican Pork Tenderloin from Stoneware Inspirations. It is extremely simple, delicious and you can promote the "make ahead, get ahead" idea for busy moms (if you have any of these at the show) because you use the 2nd loin for leftovers to cut up on the delicious Islander's Salad for another day!

I have never made a ring. I am so down right now I don't even have the energy to do a show.

I've had a couple of hosts not be thrilled with the Aloha Pizza suggestion....until their show.....I just ask them to trust me - it will turn out great......and they were both happy with it - and thanked me for "suggesting" it...(I don't really suggest - because I don't usually give a whole lot of options to my hosts!;) )Oh - and I've never made a ring, wreath, or braid for a show....in 4 yrs!

Nothing says you have to go with the recipes in the SB that PC is pushing. I refuse. I hate Seafood and it's expensive, so I have been concentrating on the tried and true all time PC favorites. They still go over well.

One recipe I did try at my last show that was a hit and not in PC was "Aloha Pizza Puffettes". IT's was Phenominal. Everyone loved it. (Basic Ingredients: Cresent rolls, Sweet-n-Sour Sauce, Swiss Cheese, Cooked Ham, Pineapple Tidbits.)

See....don't just rely on PC recipes alone. Adjust and adapt to what YOU like to do.

I have never done the seasonal recipes, but thought I would try then this season. I really like some of the recipes but don't do them at shows. I just made my first ring ever at my show on Friday and I am hooked. I have been doing the clubhouse chicken squares and baking the crust ahead. It is a quick recipe with no baking if I bring the crust! I have sold a MILLION "All the Best" Cookbooks this month alone just by doing a recipe out of it! I would rather sell those than a SB any day!

1. What are some easy main dish ideas for a busy weeknight?

Some easy main dish ideas for a busy weeknight could include one-pot meals like casseroles or stir-fries, slow cooker recipes, or simple grilled proteins like chicken or fish.

2. Can you provide any vegetarian main dish ideas?

Yes, some vegetarian main dish ideas could include veggie stir-fry, quinoa and vegetable salads, or roasted vegetable and tofu skewers.

3. What are some healthy main dish options?

Some healthy main dish options could include grilled or baked lean proteins like chicken or fish, quinoa or whole grain bowls with roasted vegetables, or vegetable and bean soups.

4. Can you recommend any main dishes that are kid-friendly?

Yes, some kid-friendly main dish ideas could include homemade pizzas with customizable toppings, macaroni and cheese with added vegetables or protein, or chicken tenders with a homemade honey mustard dipping sauce.

5. What are some main dishes that can be made in advance and reheated?

Main dishes that can be made in advance and reheated include casseroles, soups and stews, and slow cooker meals. You can also prep ingredients for stir-fries or salads ahead of time to make a quick and easy reheated meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • ChefJWarren