• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Want to Try a Trifle Recipe with Ho-Ho's?

In summary, the conversation discusses a recipe for a Chocolate Strawberries and Cream Dessert using Hostess Ho Ho's. The recipe involves layering the Ho Ho's with a mixture of lemon juice, sweetened condensed milk, and whipped topping, as well as sliced strawberries. The dessert is described as easy and delicious, with some suggestions for variations such as using cream cheese in the mixture. The conversation also briefly mentions a Twinkies Cookbook with other trifle and sushi recipes. Overall, the recipe is well-received and highly recommended.
yummybytes
Silver Member
This was in the Pittsburgh Post Gazette today since the Ho-Ho turn 40 this month. And Pittsburgh consumes more hoho's than any other city... scary :)

CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM DESSERT

2 10-ounce boxes Hostess Ho Ho's (20 Ho Ho's)

1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice

1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk

1 8-ounce container frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed

1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced into thick slices
Cut Ho Ho's in half crosswise. Layer half of Ho Ho's in bottom of an 8-inch trifle bowl. Stir lemon juice into sweetened condensed milk until well blended. Gently fold whipped topping into milk mixture. Pour half of milk mixture over Ho Ho's. Top with half of sliced strawberries. Repeat the layers.

Attachments

• 20070426ho_HoHosStrawberryTrifle_450.jpg
    20070426ho_HoHosStrawberryTrifle_450.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 959
Wow.

I may just have to try that one.

Now my mouth is watering and I'm supposed to go out for my morning walk. Uggh.

Sounds YUMMY! Hopefully Gillian will see this one - we had talked about a Ho-ho trifle in another thread a while ago! I'm going to have to try this one! Thanks for posting it!!!!

MMM that looks so good! And sounds easier than the ho-ho's that Gillian made from scratch for her trifle!

I have a party on Saturday and I am so going to demo this.
I figured it shows off a nice amount of product too

Kitchen shears - to open the hoho's :p
Pick a Knife Any Knife and a cutting board -- slice the ho-ho's
Corer, egg slicer, sm batter bowl- strawberries
stainless mixing bowl, whisk, can opener, skinny scraper - condensed milk and whipped cream
Citrus press or juicer and prep bowls or measuring device of your choice and another knife - lemon juice

And... the Trifle Bowl! :)

That's a nice amount of product for a simple little thing :)

Check out the new 'TWINKIES COOKBOOK'----it has some AWESOME recipes for trifle, twinkie "sushi", etc. that are easy and make WONDERFUL demo recipes for pc shows. I made a Twinkie Lasagna in my deep dish baker for Easter and everyone loved it!!!

Jennifer,
Thanks for sharing the recipe. It's quick and easy!!

For my kids' birthdays, I make a ho-ho-sheet cake and decorate it with the EAD. I think everybody comes to the party just to eat the cake :).

BTW, I used the salad chopper last night to cut my strawberries for the lime berry mouse trifle. I forgot my egg slicer. Just one more benefit of the salad shopper!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I made this today and had it for dessert. It was AWESOME. Very easy, very rich, looked terrific in the bowl. It is definitely a keeper. Thank you for sharing.

Wow, looks yummy!!! I just might have that for my fundraiser at my son's school. ;)

WOW!! This looks totally fabulous!! Just one question though....since our trifle bowl holds 15 cups, do you think we'll need to add more layers??

The recipe fills it to the top.

OK, thanks. I guess I misread the recipe at first. I thought it said 8 CUP trifle bowl, not 8 INCH....
Now I just gotta go buy some twinkies....yum!!

Have I missed something? Where do you find the Twinkies Cookbook? Sounds really interesting! Twinkies Sushi??

goin' to buy some Ho-Ho's !

This is one I'm going to have to try.

I found the Twinkies Cookbook at Borders and Michael's craft store. I'm sure most bookstores carry it in the cookbook section - it is AWESOME!!!

OK, just wanted to share....I made this trifle at a show yesterday. I told them it was my first time to make it, and wanted feedback!
They all loved it, and the only thing we decided that might be added to this is to possibly shave a little white chocolate over the top of the whole thing, using the microplane adjustable grater, as a little "garnish". It would kind of be like our Lemon Blueberry Trifle, from the All the Best cookbook.

Oh....and we made it a little "cheaper", too....instead of using the actual Hostess Ho Ho's, we substituted the Little Debbie Swiss Roll cakes. They are a little more cake-like, but a whole lot cheaper price!! I hope all of you try making this soon....it's really yummy!
In fact, my hostess called me this morning, and confessed that, she keeps on going into her fridge and taking "just a little bite" of the left-overs!! lol

Ok, so this is a really, REALLY old post I am resurrecting, but I'm wondering, what does the lemon juice do for this???? And since cream cheese makes everything better, what about having cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk mixed together and then folding in the cool whip?? Thoughts?

Oh this is my FAVORITE Trifle Bowl recipe!

itsjustCarla said:
Check out the new 'TWINKIES COOKBOOK'----it has some AWESOME recipes for trifle, twinkie "sushi", etc. that are easy and make WONDERFUL demo recipes for pc shows. I made a Twinkie Lasagna in my deep dish baker for Easter and everyone loved it!!!

can you share the Twinkie Lasagna recipe?

1. What ingredients do I need to make a trifle with Ho Ho's?

To make a trifle with Ho Ho's, you will need:

• 10-12 Ho Ho's, cut into small pieces
  • 1 package of instant vanilla pudding mix
  • 2 cups of milk
  • 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
  • 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup of crushed Oreos
  • 1/4 cup of chocolate chips

2. Can I use a different type of cake instead of Ho Ho's?

Yes, you can use any type of cake you prefer for this trifle recipe. Some popular alternatives to Ho Ho's include pound cake, chocolate cake, or even brownies.

3. How do I assemble the trifle?

To assemble the trifle, start by preparing the vanilla pudding according to package instructions and letting it set in the fridge. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. In a trifle dish, layer the Ho Ho's, pudding, whipped cream, crushed Oreos, and chocolate chips. Repeat the layers until all ingredients are used up. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.

4. Can I make this trifle recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this trifle recipe ahead of time. It is best to assemble the trifle no more than a day in advance to ensure the Ho Ho's stay fresh and the layers don't become soggy. Keep the trifle covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.

5. Can I substitute the chocolate chips for something else?

Yes, you can substitute the chocolate chips for any other type of chocolate candy or topping. Some popular options include chopped Reese's cups, mini M&M's, or chocolate shavings. You can also omit the chocolate entirely if desired.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef