• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle Recipe Help!!

In summary, the recipe for the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle is as follows: - set aside some berries for garnish - mix rest with sugar and almond extract - mix cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract - fold in whipped cream - in a trifle bowl: 1/2 cake, 1/2 berries, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, repeat layers - garnish with remaining berries - refrigerate
GourmetGirl
Silver Member
So the recipe for the Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle is as follows:

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle

2 quarts strawberries, sliced
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons almond extract
2 8 ounce blocks cream cheese, softened
1 C. sour cream
2 C. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla extract
1/4 t. almond extract
16 ounce tub whipped topping or 1 pint cream, whipped
1 large angel food or pound cake, torn into pieces

1. Set aside some berries for garnish. Mix rest with sugar and almond extract. Set aside. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Fold in whipped cream.
2. In a trifle bowl: 1/2 cake, 1/2 berries, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, repeat layers. Garnish with remaining berries. Refrigerate.

What I need to know is does it really require 2 quarts (i.e. 4 pounds!) of strawberries? I bought 2 pounds of strawberries thinking the recipe said 2 pints (a pints a pound the world around) and now realize that I don't have enough... also, I have only 1 regular size pound cake... should I get more strawberries and another pound cake??? My show is tomorrow night and I have to work all day tomorrow... anybody help, please!!!

I think you could make it work with what you have. The layers will just be a little smaller. I have made several trifles for shows and haven't followed a recipe yet and they are all great!

Good luck!

Thank you! I was worried! I figured it would work, but I have only half of the amound of strawberries that the recipe calls for and I wasn't sure how much of a difference that would make... I'm sure it will taste good. Usually I don't even follow a recipe, but since it's for a show I am trying my best...

Alison~

I have made that recipe with only 1# strawberries many times (especially when they are way too much $$$) and it will be fine.

You could also stretch the fresh strawberries with frozen. I was making it with frozen, sweetened strawberries before strawberries were in season. I just omitted the sugar. Worked great!

I would think it would be fine. We even got strawberries off the salad bar once because they were cheaper than in the produce dept. Make sure to have the strawberries at the edge for look, sprinkle in the middle. It will be wonderful.

I have personally found that I have way too much filling left over using this recipie and have only been using half the cream cheese, whipped topping, and powdered sugar. I also haven't used any of the almond extract at all due to so many nut allergies. You also don't need that much of the angel food cake. At our local Walmart we can buy these little rectangle loaf's of angel food cake for about $2.00 and it is the perfect amount. I use our knives and cube it quite quickly. I have made this several times and have been changing it around and making adaptions as I go and everytime the host and the guests have loved it but I have found that the above cuts has made the best strawberry cheesecake for our trifle bowls. Hope that helps and doesn't confuse anybody too much.

I'm sorry to disagree, Brigitte, but there's no such thing as too much of the white fluffy stuff. :D The Furry Guy will just eat it with a spoon.

Do you think this recipe would work using Cherry pie filling instead of the strawberries?

JoLynn

I think it would be fabulous with just about any fruit except maybe bananas. Then again, maybe bananas wouldn't be too bad.

Thanks for everyone's advice! I am about to take off for my show! Think high sales and bookings for me please :)

Sending happy thoughts!

Thanks Rae! Happy thoughts worked... The recipe turned out great (so I was told) I left my trifle bowl with the host, since I'll be at conference and am going to meet her on Sunday to close out the show. I used Laura's casual recruiting (I sat down during both intros and at the end when I did the casual recruiting bit) and I had someone (who has been to 1 other show) come up to me and ask me for information. I gave her some and have set a phone appointment for Sunday when we may schedule a coffee time together... I haven't figured out sales yet, but 2 people bought the forged bread knife and 1 bought the SS bowls!!! So I know they are at least over $300, I am pretty sure they are over $400 with more orders to come. I got one September booking (will set date in a few weeks once I know my grad school (hopefully) schedule) and one possible November booking! yahoo!

Congratulations!

Alison~

Way to go! Glad you are able to kick off your conference travels with a rush from a great show!

1. What are the ingredients needed for the strawberry cheesecake trifle recipe?

The ingredients for this recipe are:

• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1 angel food cake, cut into cubes
  • 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
  • 1/4 cup strawberry jam
  • 1/4 cup sliced almonds

2. Can I use frozen strawberries instead of fresh strawberries for this recipe?

Yes, you can use frozen strawberries for this recipe. Simply thaw and drain them before using.

3. How far in advance can I make this trifle?

This trifle is best if made and served within 24 hours. If made in advance, refrigerate until ready to serve.

4. Can I substitute the angel food cake with a different type of cake?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake for this recipe. Pound cake or sponge cake would also work well.

5. How do I assemble the trifle?

To assemble the trifle, start by making the cheesecake filling by beating the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and vanilla extract together until smooth. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form, then fold it into the cheesecake mixture. In a trifle dish or large glass bowl, layer half of the angel food cake cubes, followed by half of the cheesecake filling, half of the sliced strawberries, and half of the strawberry jam. Repeat the layers. Sprinkle the top with sliced almonds. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kcjodih
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
JAE
Replies