• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ice Bucket Strawberry Shortcake Trifle Recipe

In summary, to make the Ice Bucket Strawberry Shortcake Trifle, you will need 1 pound of fresh strawberries, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 store-bought pound cake, and 1/4 cup of strawberry jam. While fresh strawberries are recommended, frozen strawberries can be used if thawed and drained. To assemble, slice the pound cake into cubes, mix strawberries and sugar, whip the heavy cream, and layer the ingredients in a clear trifle dish. This trifle can be made ahead of time, but should be assembled no more than a few hours before serving. Alternatives for the
DebPC
Staff member
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup sour cream
1 3/4 cups milk
1 package vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
Angel food cake, torn into bite-size pieces
Fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
1 – 8 oz. container of Cool Whip

1. Place sour cream in large bowl

2. Gradually stir in milk with wire whisk until smooth

3. Continue stirring, gradually adding pudding until well mixed and thickened (1 to 2 minutes) – fold in half of whipped topping

4. Layer half of cake pieces, 1 1/2 cups berries and half of pudding mixture in ice bucket

5. Repeat layers – add cool whip on top with Easy Accent Decorator

bucket.jpg

That is a GREAT idea!Finally a use for the ice bucket! For some unknown reason, DH will NOT use the ice bucket. He says he "does not like it". I just think he is strange! :)So, now I can't wait to try this. Thanks Deb for posting!

6. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight7. Serve with additional sliced strawberries on top for garnish, if desired. Enjoy!

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Ice Bucket Strawberry Shortcake Trifle?

To make this delicious trifle, you will need 1 pound of fresh strawberries, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 store-bought pound cake, and 1/4 cup of strawberry jam.

2. Can I use frozen strawberries instead of fresh?

While we recommend using fresh strawberries for the best flavor and texture, you can use frozen strawberries if you don't have access to fresh ones. Just make sure to thaw and drain them before using in the recipe.

3. How do I assemble the trifle?

To assemble the Ice Bucket Strawberry Shortcake Trifle, start by slicing the pound cake into cubes. In a separate bowl, mix together the sliced strawberries and sugar. In another bowl, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Then, layer the pound cake cubes, strawberry mixture, and whipped cream in a clear trifle dish, repeating until all ingredients are used up. Top with dollops of strawberry jam and additional sliced strawberries, if desired.

4. Can I make this trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this trifle ahead of time. However, we recommend assembling it no more than a few hours before serving to prevent the pound cake from becoming soggy. You can also prep the ingredients and keep them separate until ready to assemble.

5. Are there any alternatives for the pound cake?

If you don't have access to a store-bought pound cake, you can use angel food cake, sponge cake, or even shortbread cookies as a substitute. Just make sure to cut them into cubes before layering in the trifle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
abigailhutch
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies