• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tried 2 of the New Latin Flavor Recipes

In summary, both the stuffed poblano and the marinated steak received a huge thumbs up from the testers. The poblano were a little spicy, but the stuffing was great. The steak marinade and oregano potatoes were also excellent. The steak was gone in no time, but the potatoes needed more salt. All of the ingredients were easy to find, except for fresh oregano.
PamperedCaniac
:thumbup: Ok I made the stuffed poblano with Chorizo sausage and Shrimp and the Marinated Steak with Oregano Potatoes! Both get a huge thumbs up! I made these for my sisters birthday last night and everyone loved them.... The poblano ( Had to buy serrano I think) were a little spicy and litterally burned my moms hands when she was taking the seeds out for me so wear gloves however, the stuffing part was great and my step dad was asking for more!!! I added more Chorizo sausage to the mixture too because 3oz is not enough in my opinion.
The Steak Marinade and the oregano potatoes were wonderful!! I am going to make the potatoes more often as a side dish here! Oh, add extra salt to the potatoes and the steak though! The steak was gone in NO TIME but I did not use skirt steak because it is so hard to find and very fatty... (flank steak is even fattier)... I used a "grilling" steak!
Just wanted to give you guys the heads up on this and all the items were very easy to find (except fresh oregano - I had to use dried) YUUMY!!:thumbup::thumbup::chef:

Dawn,
If I'm not mistaken, serrano's are hotter than pablanos so that may have been why. I love mexican/latin food so I can't wait to get this book!
Thanks for the review!
God bless,
Amanda

PamperedCaniac said:
:thumbup: Ok I made the stuffed poblano with Chorizo sausage and Shrimp and the Marinated Steak with Oregano Potatoes! Both get a huge thumbs up! I made these for my sisters birthday last night and everyone loved them.... The poblano ( Had to buy serrano I think) were a little spicy and litterally burned my moms hands when she was taking the seeds out for me so wear gloves however, the stuffing part was great and my step dad was asking for more!!! I added more Chorizo sausage to the mixture too because 3oz is not enough in my opinion.
The Steak Marinade and the oregano potatoes were wonderful!! I am going to make the potatoes more often as a side dish here! Oh, add extra salt to the potatoes and the steak though! The steak was gone in NO TIME but I did not use skirt steak because it is so hard to find and very fatty... (flank steak is even fattier)... I used a "grilling" steak!
Just wanted to give you guys the heads up on this and all the items were very easy to find (except fresh oregano - I had to use dried) YUUMY!!:thumbup::thumbup::chef:

Thanks for the feedback - they sound yummy!

jesusluvsu2005 said:
Dawn,
If I'm not mistaken, serrano's are hotter than pablanos so that may have been why. I love mexican/latin food so I can't wait to get this book!
Thanks for the review!
God bless,
Amanda

Thank you for the heads up on the peppers! I have eaten poblanos in the past and they were not hot, but I had no experience with Serrano's until last night! I LOVE spicy food so for me to think they were spicy was something big! LOL I put Texas Pete (our hot sauce in NC) on my fries sometimes in lieu of ketchup a lot of times! LOL

serranos are tiny hot peppers and are used alot in oriental dishes the poblanos are big & dark green

At my local grocery store, they told me that anaheim peppers and poblanos are pretty similar in heat and size. They are both good for stuffing and are relatively mild. Usually a serrano pepper is a small pepper and is much hotter than a jalapeno.

I have made several out of this cookbook as well and all have been excellent so far!

jenf said:
At my local grocery store, they told me that anaheim peppers and poblanos are pretty similar in heat and size. They are both good for stuffing and are relatively mild. Usually a serrano pepper is a small pepper and is much hotter than a jalapeno.

Oh MY! I am an airhead! We bought Anaheim!!LOL They were hotter than a poblano though! Sorry!! LOL I just had the other pepper on my mind and fingers I guess!

Related to Tried 2 of the New Latin Flavor Recipes

1. What are the new Latin flavor recipes offered by Pampered Chef?

The new Latin flavor recipes offered by Pampered Chef include dishes such as Cuban-style Mojo Pork, Mexican Street Corn Salad, and Brazilian Chicken with Coconut Milk.

2. Are these new Latin flavor recipes easy to make?

Yes, these new Latin flavor recipes are designed to be easy to make with step-by-step instructions and pre-measured ingredients. They are perfect for busy weeknights or when entertaining guests.

3. Can I adjust the spice level of the new Latin flavor recipes?

Yes, the spice level can be adjusted to your preference. The recipes come with suggestions for adding or reducing spices, so you can customize the flavor to your liking.

4. Are the ingredients for the new Latin flavor recipes easily accessible?

Yes, the ingredients for the new Latin flavor recipes are common and can be found in most grocery stores. However, if you are having trouble finding a specific ingredient, you can always check with your Pampered Chef consultant for alternatives.

5. Are the new Latin flavor recipes suitable for dietary restrictions?

Some of the new Latin flavor recipes can be modified to fit certain dietary restrictions. For example, the Brazilian Chicken with Coconut Milk can be made gluten-free by substituting the soy sauce with a gluten-free alternative. Please refer to the recipe instructions for more information or consult with your Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefLayla
  • chefcharity
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • dannyzmom