• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Power Cooking: Chicken Recipes Tried & Reviewed

Taco Soup? I can't remember. But it wasn't good. Bland, and too watery.I joined up with another Director's cluster last Saturday and we made the...Taco Soup? I can't remember. But it wasn't good. Bland, and too watery.
leftymac
Who has tried these recipes? I'm curious to know what you think.

Tonight I made the Dijon Chicken Noodle Toss, Smoky Black Bean Chicken wraps, and the Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup. I sampled the wraps and the soup.

The wraps were pretty good, but I can't wrap anything to save my life. I kept having filling come out. Plus, I thought they could've used a bit more flavor (could also be because I didn't put any bbq sauce in it like they suggested).

My soup was extremely thick, and VERY spicy. I may have had too many chips. The recipe said: 3 cups tortilla chips, finely crushed. So, I wasn't sure if that was 3 cups pre- or post-crushing. I did 3 cups post-crushed, so maybe that's why. Next time, I'll either add more broth or less chips.

As far as I know if it says 3 cups tortilla chips, finely crushed it would be 3 cups measured, then finely crushed. Otherwise it would say 3 cups finely crushed tortilla chips. Kinda like when they say 2 tbsp melted butter instead of 2 tbsp butter, melted. The first is measured from melted, the second is measured THEN melted. Clear as mud?
So I think that would be the problem with being extremely thick but I haven't tried any yet. Good for you already trying them out! Did you do it at a show or just on your own?

kcjodih said:
As far as I know if it says 3 cups tortilla chips, finely crushed it would be 3 cups measured, then finely crushed. Otherwise it would say 3 cups finely crushed tortilla chips. Kinda like when they say 2 tbsp melted butter instead of 2 tbsp butter, melted. The first is measured from melted, the second is measured THEN melted. Clear as mud?
So I think that would be the problem with being extremely thick but I haven't tried any yet. Good for you already trying them out! Did you do it at a show or just on your own?

I think you are right. It had a good taste, though, but it was just ridiculously thick. I tried them out on my own. Now I've got meals for the week. :)

I made the Dijon Pasta Toss...it was delish! I have the Stir-Fry and the Wraps in the freezer. I can't wait to book a party for Chicken Power Cooking!

Seriously..myself and Kristen are the only two people that have made these recipes? As we'd say in the south...y'all need to get on the stick! :)

leftymac said:
Who has tried these recipes? I'm curious to know what you think.

Tonight I made the Dijon Chicken Noodle Toss, Smoky Black Bean Chicken wraps, and the Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup. I sampled the wraps and the soup.

The wraps were pretty good, but I can't wrap anything to save my life. I kept having filling come out. Plus, I thought they could've used a bit more flavor (could also be because I didn't put any bbq sauce in it like they suggested).

My soup was extremely thick, and VERY spicy. I may have had too many chips. The recipe said: 3 cups tortilla chips, finely crushed. So, I wasn't sure if that was 3 cups pre- or post-crushing. I did 3 cups post-crushed, so maybe that's why. Next time, I'll either add more broth or less chips.

That means 3 cups before crushing. If it meant after it would have read 3 cups finely crushed chips.

I have my ingredients and am making all 5 today.

Thanks for the kick in the pants! ;) I do want to try these. I'll have to get shopping to get the ingredients. :)

We are going to be doing the Chicken Power Cooking Show at our Cluster meeting next week. I am actually really excited. None of the recipes appealed to me so I wasn't about to make them at home (and waste them if I really didn't like them). But by doing it at the meeting, it will give me a chance to sample them!

Plus, I will get to see the process so I can offer it at shows.

I think these recipes are gonna be great to offer as an alternative to beef. They are gonna be great for the upcoming colder weather.

I made the Dijon Chicken Toss last night, and it is very good. Even the kids liked it. Guess what I am having for lunch today??

I need to print out the materials and look through them. But they all sound good.

chefann said:
I need to print out the materials and look through them. But they all sound good.

Me too. I've been slacking a bit. Somebody come kick me in the butt!

I joined up with another Director's cluster last Saturday and we made the Dijon Pasta and the Greek Orzo. I really liked the pasta...mixed feelings on the orzo (though others liked it better). I'm going to make it next week and give it a second chance.
I can't wait to try the soup...especially if it's spicy. :) Anyone made the stir-fry yet?

p.s. I already have a booking for this. The host works full-time, has two boys, and a busy life. She thought this was a great show option.

I'm making 3 of these tonight - can't wait!

I redid the tortilla soup correctly and love it! It's so spicy to me I was sweating though! I took leftover soup and a smoky black bean chicken wrap to work for lunch today and everyone was so jealous. They all think I'm some fancy gourmet (well, I kinda am). And before y'all say it..yes my coworkers have done shows for me.Haven't made the Dijon Noodle Toss (what an unappealing name!), but it's in my freezer ready to go sometime this week. The Orzo skillet doesn't appeal to me at all, and the stir-fry just looks kind of lame to me.

I had picked the Wrap, Toss, and StirFry for my three choice BUT I haven't tried them yet. Maybe I am gonna switch now..............

I just tried the Toss for the first time and I gotta say I wasn't impressed. Just tasted kinda blah to me -- almost like Chicken Helper or something.

I prepared all 5 of them today, and once my hubby gets home this weekend we will be trying them! I am SOO excited! :)

coriatc said:
I prepared all 5 of them today, and once my hubby gets home this weekend we will be trying them! I am SOO excited! :)

Be sure to let us know what you think!

So far I've tried the soup. I cut down the rub to 1 1/3 T and it was still VERY spicy. I added a bunch of sour cream to my serving.

1. How can I ensure that my chicken is fully cooked?

To make sure your chicken is fully cooked, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit to be considered safe to eat.

2. What is the best way to season chicken for power cooking?

There are many ways to season chicken for power cooking, but some popular options include using a dry rub, marinating in a sauce or seasoning blend, or adding herbs and spices before cooking. Experiment with different flavors to find your favorite!

3. Can I use frozen chicken for power cooking?

Yes, you can use frozen chicken for power cooking, but it may take longer to cook. Make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly and check the internal temperature to ensure it is fully cooked before serving.

4. How long does it take to power cook chicken?

The cooking time for power cooking chicken will vary depending on the method used and the size of the chicken pieces. Generally, it takes around 25 minutes for boneless chicken breasts and 35-40 minutes for bone-in chicken pieces. Again, using a meat thermometer is the best way to ensure the chicken is fully cooked.

5. Can I use power cooking to make chicken for meal prep?

Yes, power cooking is a great way to prepare chicken for meal prep. You can cook a large batch of chicken at once and store it in the fridge or freezer to use in meals throughout the week. Just make sure to properly store the chicken and use it within a few days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
CABean03
  • NewbyPChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
skaugchef
  • ChefJeniLobdell