• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Tres Leches Trifle: Mixed Reviews at First Time Meeting

In summary, Tres Leches Trifle is a popular and indulgent dessert in Latin American cuisine consisting of layers of sponge cake, tres leches, whipped cream, and fresh fruit. To make it, you will need to bake a sponge cake, soak it in a mixture of three types of milk, and layer it with whipped cream and fruit. It can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, but it is best consumed within 24 hours for optimal freshness.
I made it for the first time at a meeting today and not 1 of the 5 people here liked it. Anyone making it at shows and what has the reaction been. I have a hostess who wants it and now I am reluctant to make it. :yuck:

One of my team members has been making it for all her shows and it's been a hit - another team member brought it to our meeting last week and it was scrumptious!

No one liked the taste of the cinnamon with the strawberries. Maybe I will cut down on the amount of cinnamon

This has been a big hit at parties and at Easter Saturday dinner with the family (we had to celebrate the day before). Of course having 3 young men ages 20, 22 and 24 helped demolish it!!! But even my parents loved it too.

Just a stupid question but may you have used the Cinnamon Plus by mistake? I can see that even too much of the regular cinnamon would be over powering.

nope used our regular cinnamon... I will make it according to the recipe at my shows and hope for the best.

Sorry to hear that. I really think that the cinnamon may turn some off, but I think it compliments the coconut flavor. But, that said, I have never tried it without the cinnamon either.

Forgot to ask...did you like it?

If you don't like the cinnamon, don't use it. I like the Strawberry Cream Trifle, but make it differently both at home and at shows. You don't have to follow it to the letter--that's the beauty of PC recipes--they still turn out no matter what you do!

Related to Tres Leches Trifle: Mixed Reviews at First Time Meeting

1. What is Tres Leches Trifle?

Tres Leches Trifle is a delicious and indulgent dessert made with layers of sponge cake, tres leches (a mixture of three different types of milk), whipped cream, and fresh fruit. It is a popular dessert in Latin American cuisine.

2. How do I make Tres Leches Trifle?

To make Tres Leches Trifle, you will need to first bake a sponge cake and let it cool. Then, poke holes in the cake and pour a mixture of evaporated milk, condensed milk, and heavy cream over it. Let the cake soak up the milk mixture for a few hours in the fridge. Once the cake is fully soaked, layer it with whipped cream and fresh fruit in a trifle dish. Repeat the layers until you reach the top of the dish. Refrigerate for a few more hours before serving.

3. Can I use a different type of cake for Tres Leches Trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of sponge cake for Tres Leches Trifle. You can also use angel food cake or pound cake if you prefer a denser texture.

4. How long can I store Tres Leches Trifle?

Tres Leches Trifle can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, it is best to consume it within 24 hours for optimal freshness and texture.

5. Can I make Tres Leches Trifle in advance?

Yes, you can make Tres Leches Trifle in advance. In fact, it is recommended to let the cake soak up the milk mixture for at least 4 hours before assembling the trifle. You can also make it the night before and let it chill in the refrigerator overnight for even more flavor infusion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies