• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tres Leches Cake: Is It Worth the Hype?

In summary, the recipe is very good and can be made with or without cinnamon and nuts. The cake is best when refrigerated.
kam
Staff member
Tres Leches Cake

Has anyone ever made this? Is it good?

Thanks!

My Mexican friend says the PC recipe is very good.

OK - thanks! Now I am wondering if the thing need to be refrigerated once put together because of all the milk....

I can't believe I am actually a little afraid to try the recipe - it just seems so strange.

Anyone else tried it???

It is very good! I tried it YEARS AGO!! And I loved it! It's not my family's style cake, they love chocolate and my hubby just would never do this type of cake, but I loved it! But I haven't made it since because I won't make a cake for just myself!!!
I refrigerated it because of the milk, plus it helps make it not so soggy. If it sit's there without the refrigerator, it would not be so good!
Don't be nervous, try it, it's very good!:chef: ;)

This was my most requested repeat dessert at my shows, and it's also a hit at pot lucks.

I didn't like the thought of cinnamon, and don't like nuts on my cakes, so I elimated both and top it with fresh fruit...strawberries, banannas, blueberries, raspberries, whatever's in season and affordable.

You could easily make this a chocolate cake... just use a chocolate cake mix instead of white. I think it would be awesome!

Save the scraps from the top. You can freeze them and use them later for ice cream toppings.

TIPS: Let it cool completely before adding mixture. I skim the top when still warm to speed up the cooling process.

Also, I let the cake sit with the milk mixture on it for about 30 minutes before topping with whipped cream.

If I'm doing this at a show, I make the cake the night before, and top it at the show. It's a great "add on" recipe for those who only do one full recipe at a show.

Hope the information helps! Enjoy!!!!

BTW...thanks for awakening a craving. I LOVE THIS CAKE. Maybe if I made it with egg whites in the cake and the fat free sweetened condensed milk?

Have a great night!

MissChef said:
It is very good! I tried it YEARS AGO!! And I loved it! It's not my family's style cake, they love chocolate and my hubby just would never do this type of cake, but I loved it! But I haven't made it since because I won't make a cake for just myself!!!
I refrigerated it because of the milk, plus it helps make it not so soggy. If it sit's there without the refrigerator, it would not be so good!
Don't be nervous, try it, it's very good!:chef: ;)

I keep looking at this recipe and I am dying to try it! I also think it might be a cool make ahead recipe at a show. Just bring the cake part cooked and add all the milk and whipped cream at the show. Doesn't seem like it would take but a few minutes. Well, I think I will just have to try this soon!!

Thanks for the input.

kam said:
I keep looking at this recipe and I am dying to try it! I also think it might be a cool make ahead recipe at a show. Just bring the cake part cooked and add all the milk and whipped cream at the show. Doesn't seem like it would take but a few minutes. Well, I think I will just have to try this soon!!

Thanks for the input.
that's a great idea! Do try it! I think you'll really like it. Especially if it is sparking your interest! I only would not make it, if it didn't sound good! But if you like the idea and the flavors, then go for it!!! Like I said, the only reason that I hesitated was because of my hubby, so I did it for a spring kickoff and it was a success. and the left overs, I stored in the fridge and ate them myself!!!:p :love: :love: :D

Related to Tres Leches Cake: Is It Worth the Hype?

1. What is Tres Leches Cake?

Tres Leches Cake is a traditional Latin American dessert that consists of a sponge cake soaked in three different types of milk: evaporated milk, condensed milk, and heavy cream. It is typically topped with whipped cream and fruit.

2. Is Tres Leches Cake difficult to make?

While it may seem intimidating, Tres Leches Cake is actually quite simple to make. The most important step is properly soaking the cake in the milk mixture to ensure a moist and flavorful result.

3. Can I make Tres Leches Cake ahead of time?

Yes, Tres Leches Cake can be made a day in advance. In fact, many people believe that the longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better it tastes as it allows the cake to fully absorb the milk mixture.

4. Is Tres Leches Cake worth the hype?

Absolutely! Tres Leches Cake is a decadent and delicious dessert that is loved by people all over the world. The combination of the moist cake and creamy milk mixture creates a unique and irresistible flavor.

5. Can I substitute the milk in Tres Leches Cake?

While it may alter the traditional flavor, you can substitute different types of milk in Tres Leches Cake. For a lighter version, you can use skim milk or almond milk. You can also add a splash of rum or other liqueur for added flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefjeanine
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • PCLaurel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
nikkies
Replies